Online dating

Replies

• biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I have no horse in this race.

I can only input that if I met my husband and most of the most AMAZING people I've ever met online (not on dating sites or apps, mind you), there is hope for anyone. Trust me.

My question to those of you using these websites and apps: Have you ever considered just kicking back, taking it easy and getting to know people online outside of a site built for dating/hookups? You know, building a relationship/friendship with someone and then seeing what happens?

Just a thought.

Of course I have considered it. I don’t know about others. But, dating is different now. Men rarely approach women in public. I won’t date a man from work and all my friends are married.

Im a very active person and have hobbies and things, but If I just waited and hoped some guy would randomly ask me out, I might be waiting years.

Women can take the first step too, I asked guys out and had a blast. Sometimes it turned into longer relationships, sometimes not. Just have fun with it.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Do you think that if men approached women more in public and asked them out the woman would be caught off guard? Or still might expect it? The dating world is difficult. I'm not having much luck with online dating.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    jruch23 wrote: »
    Do you think that if men approached women more in public and asked them out the woman would be caught off guard? Or still might expect it? The dating world is difficult. I'm not having much luck with online dating.

As anything, it would really depend on your approach and the person you’re approaching. IMO
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member

Been waiting on this scenario
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member

I would like it if someone approached me, but I think that's because I'm quite direct that way. I find texting/online stuff to be hard work. My last relationship only happened because I met my ex, liked what I saw, and told him straight.
  • AyeRon18
    AyeRon18 Posts: 127 Member
    it's kinda nice when women make the first move, makes everything easier.

Though with my gf, it just kind of happened, guess I made the move. But we had mutual friends so it was a pretty natural situation.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    The winningest online dating profile everrrrr

btofldidybxk.jpg
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    Look sometimes you have some groceries that need to be ate and then there's tinder to the rescue. Better than grub hub.

giphy.gif
  • Cutemesoon

btofldidybxk.jpg

Soooo...uuuhhh…you wanna go on a date with me? Be sure to bring everything pictured here!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

I went to the laundromat last week. As soon as I stepped inside a guy there said "wow! you're beautiful" that was fine. I'll take the compliment but then he asks for my name. When I refused to give him that he asks for my number. When I said no, I'm married he goes on questioning why I'm not wearing a wedding ring. All within 3 minutes of me being there. This is the wrong way to approach a woman. I felt so uncomfortable. In general, if this is your way of approaching a woman, just stop right there. Woman dont like desperate and thirsty men. Unless you're a female that's desperate and thirsty too 🤣

It’s the wrong way to approach anyone, really.
  • George_of_the_Jungle

Cutemesoon wrote: »

btofldidybxk.jpg

Soooo...uuuhhh…you wanna go on a date with me? Be sure to bring everything pictured here!

@1sphere see what I mean? B):p

@Cutemesoon all this and foot massages :)
  • Cutemesoon
    edited November 2019

btofldidybxk.jpg

That kind of guy EXISTS??? :o You're everything I've ever wanted! 😍
    giphy.gif
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I have no horse in this race.

I can only input that if I met my husband and most of the most AMAZING people I've ever met online (not on dating sites or apps, mind you), there is hope for anyone. Trust me.

My question to those of you using these websites and apps: Have you ever considered just kicking back, taking it easy and getting to know people online outside of a site built for dating/hookups? You know, building a relationship/friendship with someone and then seeing what happens?

Just a thought.

Of course I have considered it. I don’t know about others. But, dating is different now. Men rarely approach women in public. I won’t date a man from work and all my friends are married.

Im a very active person and have hobbies and things, but If I just waited and hoped some guy would randomly ask me out, I might be waiting years.

Women can take the first step too, I asked guys out and had a blast. Sometimes it turned into longer relationships, sometimes not. Just have fun with it.

Yeah they can but it is not my style.

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited November 2019

Caught off guard, maybe, because this isn’t common anymore.

But I like it when done in a respectful way, not too pushy or demanding and not vulgar in any way.

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member

btofldidybxk.jpg

WTF. FEET
  • George_of_the_Jungle

btofldidybxk.jpg

WTF. FEET

took ya long enough
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member

btofldidybxk.jpg

WTF. FEET

took ya long enough

I haven’t mastered working while MFPing
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Now that I’ve been dating you all online for a few weeks, I just want to say: you’re great! Keep up the good work of being you