What screams "I'm very insecure"?

Options

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I have to go with the overuse of filters. (And I don't say that to judge anybody who does use a filter or when we have fun using the silly filters) I just feel like I'm looking at a picture of a person who isn't comfortable in her own skin and it makes me sad. And then below it to read all the comments from guys "wow, you look great" which just reinforces the use of blurry glamour filters. It kind of makes me want to punch somebody.

I have mixed feelings about it. I understand the desire to hide wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dark circles. I wear makeup. I get it.

And the men gushing. Are they being nice? Trying to ingratiate themselves? Fooled? Are they disappointed if they meet in person?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I have to go with the overuse of filters. (And I don't say that to judge anybody who does use a filter or when we have fun using the silly filters) I just feel like I'm looking at a picture of a person who isn't comfortable in her own skin and it makes me sad. And then below it to read all the comments from guys "wow, you look great" which just reinforces the use of blurry glamour filters. It kind of makes me want to punch somebody.

Bam. Thank you. I post in our dedicated (now) thread to filter use, but yes.. it is disheartening to see what you are describing in the regular selfie thread. Personal opinion, of course.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    When a person is uncomfortable looking you in the eye when they speak.. sometimes they are just shy or might even be telling a lie but sometimes to me it feels like there is something about their face they are insecure about.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    When a person is uncomfortable looking you in the eye when they speak.. sometimes they are just shy or might even be telling a lie but sometimes to me it feels like there is something about their face they are insecure about.

I once dated a girl with a lazy eye.

It was great.

She could look me in the eye and describe the house at the end of the street at the same time.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

It was great.

She could look me in the eye and describe the house at the end of the street at the same time.

:laugh:
    I once dated a guy who had 2 lazy eyes, he couldn't look me in the eye but could look where he'd been and where he was going at the same time
    x8km7w70do9r.gif
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I agree with this for the most part.

But, sometimes I have trouble making prolonged eye contact sometimes but not always because I feel insecure. Sometimes, a look can transfer energy that’s very intense, and I’m sensitive to that......that’s all.

Not sure if that makes sense to anyone.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

But, sometimes I have trouble making prolonged eye contact sometimes but not always because I feel insecure. Sometimes, a look can transfer energy that’s very intense, and I’m sensitive to that......that’s all.

I know where you are coming from..

I kinda meant though when people make almost no eye contact with me.. looking everywhere but my face, I generally feel it's evasive in some way.
    Honestly , I don't think I have an intense gaze.. but , maybe I do 🤔😁
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

It was great.

:laugh:
    I once dated a guy who had 2 lazy eyes, he couldn't look me in the eye but could look where he'd been and where he was going at the same time
    x8km7w70do9r.gif

Dam Jo,,, hahhahahahaahah
  • nooshi713
    Options

I kinda meant though when people make almost no eye contact with me.. looking everywhere but my face, I generally feel it's evasive in some way.

I figured that’s what you meant. Agreed, that it can come across as evasive.

Unless, you’re a sensitive type and don’t want people seeing your soul. 🦄
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    @nooshi713 wrote: »

Or stealing it🤤.....note...wear dark sunglasses around jo...better to see her anyway!😎😍

Nooshi... yours would be a sweet soul for sure....keep it safe lovely girl!🤗😍
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I've noticed since I started developing cataracts that I have difficulty maintaining eye contact with people at work because there is usually too much light at their head level from our LED ceiling fixtures. So there could be a physical reason as well.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I have mixed feelings about it. I understand the desire to hide wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dark circles. I wear makeup. I get it.

And the men gushing. Are they being nice? Trying to ingratiate themselves? Fooled? Are they disappointed if they meet in person?

I agree, I am always afraid to post some filtered weird photo that doesn't look like me because I'd rather look the same in photos and real life. Also, all the filters that have things like longer eyelashes or cat ears...yikes
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

I agree, I am always afraid to post some filtered weird photo that doesn't look like me because I'd rather look the same in photos and real life. Also, all the filters that have things like longer eyelashes or cat ears...yikes

I like the devil ones as they more accurately describe my personality. 😉
  • nooshi713
    Options
    @nooshi713 wrote: »

Or stealing it🤤.....note...wear dark sunglasses around jo...better to see her anyway!😎😍

Nooshi... yours would be a sweet soul for sure....keep it safe lovely girl!🤗😍

Awwww. Yeah I’m soft so I gotta be wary. 🥰🤗

• slimgirljo15
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hmmmm..

I didn't know that came off as insecure to some people. I'm one of those people that doesn't make much eye contact, but it's because it feels awkward. It's tricky finding the right balance.

I think I'm being misunderstood. I can tell the difference when someone breaks eye contact in normal conversing that is just like a normal pause.
    I was talking about those that kinda hide behind their hair etc..
    I'll give example.. My old neighbour has a daughter with severe acne, she would not look at anyone except for the odd glance, she is extremely insecure about her skin.. I understand that and lots of people have insecurities about facial features.
    Also, depending on what is being discussed I can tell when they are being evasive by the way they look.

I think Nooshi was right in that some have an intense gaze that is awkward to hold.
    But that's not me I hope 😁
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

Hmmmm..

I didn't know that came off as insecure to some people. I'm one of those people that doesn't make much eye contact, but it's because it feels awkward. It's tricky finding the right balance.

I think I'm being misunderstood. I can tell the difference when someone breaks eye contact in normal conversing that is just like a normal pause.
    I'll give example.. My old neighbour has a daughter with severe acne, she would not look at anyone except for the odd glance, she is extremely insecure about her skin.. I understand that and lots of people have insecurities about facial features.
    Also, depending on what is being discussed I can tell when they are being evasive by the way they look.

I think Nooshi was right in that some have an intense gaze that is awkward to hold.

You're one of the sweetest people here girl...it is so not you!!! 😍💗💗💗.....now stop looking at me!!!🙈😅🙌😎🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗💗💗💗💗
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Hmmmm..

You're one of the sweetest people here girl...it is so not you!!! 😍💗💗💗.....now stop looking at me!!!🙈😅🙌😎🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗💗💗💗💗

:laugh: 🤗🤗🤗❤❤❤❤