What screams "I'm very insecure"?

Options

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    When a person is uncomfortable looking you in the eye when they speak.. sometimes they are just shy or might even be telling a lie but sometimes to me it feels like there is something about their face they are insecure about.

I do this often. Mostly because I'm shy and my introvert tendencies make me feel vulnerable and most days I don't like my face so you are absolutely right about this.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    When a person is uncomfortable looking you in the eye when they speak.. sometimes they are just shy or might even be telling a lie but sometimes to me it feels like there is something about their face they are insecure about.

I do this often. Mostly because I'm shy and my introvert tendencies make me feel vulnerable and most days I don't like my face so you are absolutely right about this.

Your face is truly beautiful 🙂 js
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've known quite a few women over the years who say (and mean) things like, "I hate anyone thinner than me" or "I hate ALL blondes" and so on. Bizarre and definitely insecure.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Taking a shower with the lights turned off. #psoriasis😑

I almost always only shower in the dark.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I've known quite a few women over the years who say (and mean) things like, "I hate anyone thinner than me" or "I hate ALL blondes" and so on. Bizarre and definitely insecure.

It's silly to single out one particular group of people for any one particular reason, just silly.....

It's far easier and far more rational just to hate everybody for no particular reason. *shrug

Equal opportunity discrimination?

I prefer to call it: "inclusive".
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have to go with the overuse of filters. (And I don't say that to judge anybody who does use a filter or when we have fun using the silly filters) I just feel like I'm looking at a picture of a person who isn't comfortable in her own skin and it makes me sad. And then below it to read all the comments from guys "wow, you look great" which just reinforces the use of blurry glamour filters. It kind of makes me want to punch somebody.

I have mixed feelings about it. I understand the desire to hide wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dark circles. I wear makeup. I get it.

And the men gushing. Are they being nice? Trying to ingratiate themselves? Fooled? Are they disappointed if they meet in person?

I have trouble with gushing
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I have to go with the overuse of filters. (And I don't say that to judge anybody who does use a filter or when we have fun using the silly filters) I just feel like I'm looking at a picture of a person who isn't comfortable in her own skin and it makes me sad. And then below it to read all the comments from guys "wow, you look great" which just reinforces the use of blurry glamour filters. It kind of makes me want to punch somebody.

I have mixed feelings about it. I understand the desire to hide wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dark circles. I wear makeup. I get it.

And the men gushing. Are they being nice? Trying to ingratiate themselves? Fooled? Are they disappointed if they meet in person?

I have trouble with gushing

Gushing is over rated I prefer
    giphy.gif
    But maybe that's just me...🤔🙄
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    When someone needs to over explain something and/or justify their behaviour.
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    a SJW at a protest rally
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

That’s horrible and sad at the same time
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    What's 800 lbs and screams "I'm very insecure"?
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My dog, every time I leave the house.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    My dog, every time I leave the house.

Awwww....i know 🤗😰....they are sooo happy when we come home though...💗
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    irqxpeeh9fdc.jpeg

Come on ya wuss
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    irqxpeeh9fdc.jpeg

Come on ya wuss

You were supposed to be be doing things today.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

omg there is a lady on the facebook that does this. I really want to post "You look like an alien" but I don't. She's an older middle aged lady and I'm pretty sure she thinks it makes her look pretty. And sometimes, filters can do just that. But she over does it to the point she looks stupid. And i want to tell her, but I'm not gonna. And its just like here where people comment "gorgeous, stunning" etc. It makes me wonder if those people are thinking the same thing I'm thinking...that she looks stupid and insecure and sad. Her unfiltered picture would be very pretty but shes choosing to go with weird and fake and well, just weird looking. The big eyes, smooth face, faded stuff. Just, No. Please, you are so much more than the weird big eyed alien you portray yourself to be. So, I'm a fan of filters...but not unbelievably inhuman but YOU think you look better than reality filters. Those are a no.
    \edit to add....the sad part is that they are attractive but they don't think they are without the crazy weird inhuman looking filters, and that is unfortunate.