WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    2 pm here and got what I needed to do got 20.00 knocked off my cable bill, picked up ans installed a wall coat rack and put a new shower head on,but in doing that last bit, wacked my pinkie on the side of shower and I am guessing broke the first joint,,, it hurts really bad,and is warm but not yet turning black and blue lol.. was out at 8 am raking the leaves on my patio under the stairs before the wind rain and snow come,, picked up my meds at pharmacy and my DD wanted me to move the dog bed away from the radiator so as not to catch on fire.. so stopped and did that..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    NYKaren – you think downstaters are terrible drivers????? You’ve never been to the South when it’s snowed. I swear, people don’t have a clue how to drive in it. Oh, how I love butternut squash (really, just about any vegetable). Can’t wait to get my IP. I read somewhere that you can make a butternutsquash in the IP in 10 minutes. Boy, am I looking forward to that!'

Allie - I hope your joint isn't broken

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    B)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Allie- Ouch! I hope your finger isn't broken.

I am not a fan of the holidays. I don't exactly know why, because I don't have bad memories of them. I think it's because they have become so commercialized here in the States that they lost their original meaning. I also haven't lived near family in 30 years and I think that makes a big difference. In this city, so many people are just rude and stressed. I avoid going out to shop at all costs and the over playing of holiday music makes me nuts. We cannot even go to the theater and see a play that is not holiday focused. And let's face it, there aren't that many and I've seen them all. My family calls me a scrooge and I own that. We always get invited somewhere for Thanksgiving once they find out we don't have plans. Sometimes I accept. Sometimes I stay home. No one misses me if I'm not there. This year, I think I'll paint the ceilings in the house. This sounds kind of sad when I re-read it, but I just don't put much focus on this time of year. I'd rather spend my energy and money on travel.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    [/b]Heather[/b] I had to look up pomegranate molasses, never having cooked with it, but it sounds tasty. Next time I am at my mid-eastern market, I will look for it. I can imagine it will bring another level of flavor to a lot of dishes.

Michele I'm sure you will love your Instant pot, just know that the timing for many recipes doesn't always include the time it takes for the pot to come to pressure. For instance, it took my IP ten minutes to come to pressure and then 10 minutes to steam the squash, also takes time to quick release or natural release. Don't mean to sound like a downer, but the instant pot isn't instant! but the results really are great once you get the hang of it.

My drive home was really not that bad, and I saw a pileated woodpecker--gorgeous--along the way.

Staying warm and cozy this afternoon, under the covers on the couch.

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    Gggg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Had a pretty much perfect evening - just what we moved to Hove for. B)
    The dance class was the Shim Sham, and was, for us, a much needed revision. Great fun, very energetic, and a good class with some new people.
    Afterwards we went to the boutique brewery nearby and had some great beer. We struck up conversations with a couple sitting near us and then we spied my son's neighbour. We couldn't remember his name, but asked him if he was Henry's dad! He came and joined our table. Great fun.
    Then we came home and watched Rick Stein's TV series on Secret France. Lots if lovely food and wine and a celebration of French food culture, including the multi generational Sunday Lunch. <3
    Just about perfect.
    I don't know what it is about Hove, but it is really easy to get a conversation going with complete strangers. Maybe it's living by the sea.

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    n1zzuar06cj3.jpg
    Looking forward to the Mr Rogers Neighborhood movie with Tom Hanks. Mr Rogers was such a fascinating thing to watch when I was a child. I think I trusted everything he said, like he was my own father💖.

Still waiting for activity to happen with youngest son. I contacted the ombudsmen and they put in a welfare check for him. Yes it will be embarrassing for him, but at least I will hear from him. I did it out of love and concern. I have already accepted that might call mad at me, then so be it. In my heart I feel its the right thing.

My Montana sister called yesterday really upset and crying, husband still has home on the market that they just moved into 8 months ago. Husband had sent a text message that the realtor would be coming by this Wednesday. So mad at husband for not letting her in, on his whole thought process. She has moved with him 10 times in their 8 years together. most men do not form attachments to homes like we women do. Its a place, but we make it home. Hopefully she and him can talk this thru.💖.

My middle son's birthday was on Veteran's Day. This is his last year to use his military (reserves) ID card as its expiring soon. Hopefully he got some free meals and had a nice day off. He turned 25. Hard to believe. Athena turned 6 months old.

I have been using the wedding ring method of weight loss. Haahaa! It involves me putting on my ring every morning, and if its loose than I know I'm doing good. If its a bit snug, I cut back some. If its tight, I drink more water! Lbs wise it keeps me on target.👍. I still get on the scale weekly though.

💖Rebecca

• jenniferormesher
    jenniferormesher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Teaching today... got a two hour late start which was lovely! Got to stay under the covers a little longer! :smile:

Now heading to the golden arches for a fundraiser. Not the brightest spot to my day. BUT I've got food at the house that I can eat when I get there. Silver Linings everywhere if you look!

Happy Tuesday!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,336 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

We moved a lot too my whole life.I like a guy don’t form attachments to the home. The family inside yes.Everything else falls apart s to gets tossed with age or falls down so not a big deal to me. Hubby y me will move again soon as JRs old enough repair this house more.Then maybe move back in or stay in another.Who knows. I enjoy redecorating ,but with age sure that will pass as struggling to unpack boxes get tiresome...probably will just pair down then or have JR do it lol 😂. Have a feeling JR will do it.

JRs coats too small next one up too big so going to try another size variation y brand. Sometimes a different brand even is a giant difference for him. Got a G football 🏈 logo unstitched from the old coat onto the new coat the. Found this out.Hubby said leave it on the new coat for next growth spurt.Goid idea I say. Think hubby out searching for a coat as we speak not sure. I’m too tired to mess with it I did the shoes y sick run ...someone else’s turn lol

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    tqacl7teseuo.jpeg
    ufu4zg13zhs8.jpeg
    1xabciwihvgz.jpeg
    xgqkcdj9pazd.jpeg

Tired cold weather rainy
    I just went through diaper bag to purse every diaper station in the house to update to a bigger sized diaper y new wipe packs. Old diapers are small so using them up fast then switching to sz6 diapers to cover more area (Probably needed to sooner but got special underwear 🩲 that I use the old diapers as liners for so I can use longer y longer)

Amber Tx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I didn't think that military ID's expired. You know, Denise's husband gets a military. He isn't in the military and never has been. But it has something to do with the Coast Guard and the fact that he works on a tug boat. To me, those discounts should only be for the people (and their families) who are serving or have served in the military. But that's just me.

Vince is at shooting right now.

Michele in NC
    who is still coughing
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Lllll
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    B)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    ❄️⛄️❄️ just checking in from snowy Edmonton.

Kim - I think you have a good plan for Thanksgiving. I’m like you. I am always balancing which bill gets paid in full. It would be wonderful to have them all paid at once.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.28min, 132mhr, 11.2amph, 1.58mi= 78c
    apple watch- 60c
    ELIPTICAL- 40min, 125mhr, 111ahr, 3incl, 3resist, 3.29mi= 295c
    apple watch- 286c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, sprinkles- 5.54min, 129mhr, 14.9amph, 1.46mi= 63c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, sprinkles- 17.09min, 141mhr, 10.3amph, 2.93mi= 164c
    apple watch- 103c
    jog sta 2 wrk sprinkles- 5.41min, 145mhr, 9.52min mi, .57mi= 75c
    apple watch- 60c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.26min, 9.50min mi, .45mi= didn’t record
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.43min, 7.4amph, 150mhr 2.53mi= 184c
    apple watch- 127c

total cal 915
  • GodMomKim
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Michele - The United States Coast Guard is a member of the military and I believe can be put into active duty. * Just googled - It is a branch of the military under the Department of Homeland Security except when the Navy needs them and then the coast guard will report directly to the Navy.

Kim