WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: You are fortunate to have a doctor who respects what you tell him. We are lucky in that way with our doctor, too. Karo syrup would not be helpful for DH. He would wind up with tummy troubles. The tablets he has are made specifically for diabetics experiencing low blood sugar. :smilie:

Marianne WV: Congratulations on your loss! :star:

Shirley from Northern NY: Congrats on reaching your goal weight!!! WTG!!!

Lanette & Kelly: We buy CBD oil at our local ACE Hardware store. It is also available at Safeway. Our dog gets his share, but it has also been extremely helpful reducing pain for DH. :heart:

Heather: The walkway by the beach is lovely. I must have missed some information—is “the house” an apartment complex or something else? :huh?:

I got a message from my riding teacher offering a lesson today. I am surprised, happy & up for it!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, I got my weekly (including t-day) shopping complete today extra early which felt wonderful. I like the hub-bub and excitement of folks grocery shopping but prefer to go early so I don’t have to wait 45 minutes on a checkout line :s

The hallmark movie exercise challenge is too cute for words, love it.

I have a short work week as well. I’m very grateful that Rachel will be home for four days, as I always say at this time of year, I’m counting blessings and not necessarily calories—but I’m not out of control as I’ve been in the past—I’ve come a long way, ladies. And checking in with you all makes me very grateful!!

NYKAREN
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    hi all. quiet-ish day. tracked and walked 45 minutes not fast. weather is mild. a high of low 50s and sunny.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Well I'm sitting for a few minutes.. turkey breast done and creamed onions done both covered with foil and staying warm in the oven.. deviled eggs all set too.my neighbor got my garage door fob working and I will not go crazy with food today.. will sit and enjoy everyone's company.. going to go look for earplugs because it's a smaller place and it will be loud..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Katla - It is a "house" :o that Dave Gilmore (of Pink Floyd) is building. It took him ages to get planning permission and now it's taking him ages to build it. I thought before my son told me that it was a block of apartments. :*
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: I am amazed at the scale of that "house." It appears to be the size of a large apartment building. I wonder whether it will have a recording studio inside. I'll bet that it will . . . :noway:
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,405 Member
    Options
    Amber - Happy Birthday! <3

Heather - yes, that's quite a house. Can't wait for you to get invited over to a party and you can sneak some photos of the inside for us. ;)B)

Katla - have fun with Arrow today. It's been quite a while since you've been riding, hasn't it? So how does your DH use the CBD oil? Does he add it to food/drink or apply it topically to joints and muscles that hurt? Glad to hear that it's working for him.

Got my strength training done and was just out checking my carrots, they are still out in the garden. Predicting into the teens a couple nights this week, so trying to figure how to keep them from freezing. They are in little raised beds. I might jam a bunch of dry leaves into plastic garbage sacks and push down over them and anchor with a couple rocks. Have a lot of nice carrots out there so hate to lose them, though the top 1" is generally what freezes but they don't last long after that. Will get more pulled in the meantime and washed, bagged, and stuck into the fridge crisper. They seem to get limp quickly but that's the best I can do for right now.

Lanette
    Foggy SW WA State but sun is peeking through!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Amber ~ Happy Early Birthday! :)

Heather ~ That doesn't look like a house...more like a hotel! LOL :D

Carol in GA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    I don't think the "house" is very popular with Hove residents. :#

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Found a pink flamingo watch at Kohl's today bought it with mostly Kohl's cash. Just fun!

Grateful for family as trying as they can sometimes be. I know I am a better person for having them in my life.

:heart: Margaret
  • Katla49
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I ended up cancelling my riding lesson. I feel awful, and I also feel embarrassed because I woke my teacher up to cancel. It was I'm sad that I kept her from sleeping in. It was 9:59 am and DH said I shouldn't worry about it, but I do feel guilty for waking her. :embarassed:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was so great! First husband and I watched SMU vs Navy Midshipman team play a nail-biting game of football! Score was 28-35 we won! I yelled like a crazy person! Then later son and I took out pilgrimage to our ramen place. Happy happy eating! I ordered the ramen made with pork bone stock and black garlic oil. In it was bamboo shoots, shiitake mushrooms, bok choy, green onion, a pork slice, an egg and spinach. A very healthy meal! Here's a pic:
    pad3pppu5jnh.jpg
    Mine is the closest bowl.💖
    Then when we got home, we watched day 13 of the Grand Sumo Championships. A lot of Japanese words spoken on a Saturday! Hugs to each and every one of you find ladies!💖
    💖Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Wait it was like that bowl but without the three prawns, and a pork slice.👍
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Good morning ladies! B)

Skimming through, touching on a few.

Had a wonderful lunch on Friday with a couple girlfriends. One of them did the "Sugar Detox" class at our local college several months ago and has stayed with it. She's looking and feeling great. The other one has developed the habit of only having ONE piece of chocolate per day. She said sometimes it's hard limiting herself, but she has conquered its hold over her. She's a fan of James Clear, by the way.

This spurred me to rewatch "That Sugar Film" yesterday on Prime. And revisit my food diary during the summer of 2018 when I was doing so well, seeing how/what I was eating and keeping my weight in line, even losing without trying much. :( .

There have been several changes - I used to cook big roasts or chicken/veg or even spaghetti and meatballs on weekends, something we'd eat for days. I'd have my salad with a bit of that. Now, DH doesn't eat those things anymore so I've quit cooking en mass other than a big pot of lentil or chili for a week's worth of lunches.

Consequently, my "big" salad is different, not as satisfying, not filling me up like in 2018.

So I've been going through my recipes and will be making a big dish of chicken with veggies this afternoon for dinner. If DH doesn't want any, more for me. And when that's done Mini Meatloafs sound good - working on the grocery list, can you tell? B)

I have been hitting the strength training on a more regular basis which feels good. So I'm hoping to avoid Pip's boot!

Machka - interesting how your tongue perceives umami. As I age, I tend toward umami more it seems. Not necessarily meat and tomatoes, but things like cheese. Savory, like Kelly says. And crunch which isn't a taste but a texture I guess. Wish I could talk my tongue into sweets tasting metallic B)

Kelly - I see that Michigan is now a legal cannabis state. If Tim is really hurting, he might wander into a retail outlet and see what they carry as far as medical items which have both CBD and a bit of THC. Tinctures and drops so no smoking it. A couple of the creams I've purchased do a good job on headaches for me - rubbing a dab on the back of my neck. DH continues to smoke it for pain relief, wish he'd switch to tinctures or drops as his lungs aren't in great shape.

You all are making me hungry with your Turkey fixin's. My plan is to throw together a broccoli/cauliflower salad with grapes and walnuts which will be my contribution to the big feed at our friend's house. I used to make rolls but so many of them don't eat wheat products anymore.

Heather - so interesting the "stars" in your neighborhood when you were young. In 1969 I went to a peace rally (that was during my "hippie" years, lol) which was just a gathering of a bunch of kids who wanted to smoke pot I think. >:) Anyhow, there was a young man there who played the guitar and sang for the little group ... John Denver before he became famous, when he was more of just a street musician. I still love his music. Country roads, take me home....

Rebecca - I hope you are getting your dizzy spells under control. And that you hear from Owain in the near future. The British show I've been watching had a character on one episode with his name spelled "Owain" (thanks to closed captioning, lol). How did you pick that name/spelling for him? Just curious. :)

Rita - you look great!! I agree, both with and without glasses suits you fine.

OK, that's it for now. Time to let the dogs out.

Make it a fabulous Sunday! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

I still have them but just at night for the most part, going from one side to the other. Also lying on my back will spur a dizzy episode. I will call the doctor on Monday and get this handled, I promise.
    Owain still hasn't connected with us, but my feelings have shifted somewhat, about it all. I look at it as his independent nature is a testament to our awesome parenting skills. He doesn't need us, and I need to look at it as a positive thing.💖
    We picked Celtic names for the most part for our sons.
    Kenneth Galen
    Patrick Alexander
    Owain Stuart
    They all sound like authors no?
    💖Rebecca
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    Having a colitis attack today. Can’t win for anything!

RvRita
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    I still have them but just at night for the most part, going from one side to the other. Also lying on my back will spur a dizzy episode. I will call the doctor on Monday and get this handled, I promise.
    💖Rebecca

To me, that does sound a bit like BPPV ... only because my husband has very similar symptoms. What about standing outside and looking up?

But it is something to be checked and a professional who has been trained in the treatments for moving the crystals in the ears to the right place may be able to help. :)

M in Oz