Women 200lb+, Let's Double Down This December!!!

Options

Replies

• Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    @bluffgirl67 hope you feel better soon!
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @bluffgirl67 I hope you feel better soon! Thank you! We so love the beach! My teeth were so cold but it was fun!
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    @speyerj have you considered taking measurements as an alternative to the scale? Building muscle creates fluid retention and a buildup of lactic acid as muscles recover from exercise. This won’t cause a gain, per se, and shouldn’t cause a stall in loss when your weight is significant enough that you have enough to lose, however, it might be why you feel like things are moving more slowly. It takes time to build muscle and muscle burns more energy so it’s worth it! By taking measurements you might see loss in inches or centimeters rather than by pounds. It might help get you through when the scale isn’t your friend.
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @speyerj, I definitely noticed that. When I first started strength training/cardio it took my body a solid 5-6 weeks before I actually lost anything. I could feel my body changing, I was smaller according to my clothes and glasses slipping off my face, but the scale wasn’t moving. I did some research (because that’s what makes me feel better) and I found a lot of similar articles that said it takes your body 4-6 weeks to adjust to a new workout regime and during that time it'll retain more water from being sore and healing muscles.

Then at the end, I had lost 3% body fat and inches all around.

It really was just continuing to push through until that loss appeared, and it eventually did.

I hope that helps!

Also, @BrownSugar174, what an accomplishment! Go you! :smile:

@Aerohead21, I’m in the same boat, but we can do this. Sometimes when I start to feel discouraged I head over to the “success stories” forum and scroll through.

@bluffgirl67, feel better soon! The flu/cold seems to be horrible this season.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Alicia, what a difference! Thanks for sharing!

Yes, I want all the yummy munchies out of the house too.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    @aliciap0116 great progress! Well done!