December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 That's a beautiful sunrise!

Yes!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Woke up late so wasn't going to run. After a little while decided that I would be in a funk all day if I didnt. So did a quick 5k around the local park, it was quick (usual caveats apply). I am becoming more relaxed about it being the daytime and peope being out ahd about when I run.

In short, running is an emotional positive now?? I mean, its a theory.

For many runners it is.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
  • dmfaler
    dmfaler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    December goal: 30 miles
    12/2 - 2 miles
    12/4 - 1.5 miles
    12/6 - 2.25 miles
    December total 5.75 miles

exercise.png

• dmfaler
    Options
    Kaitie9399 wrote: »
    Wahoo! Today’s the day! I’m running in my first 5K!

Good luck - how exciting!
  • dmfaler
    Options
    Today is the St. Jude's Memphis Marathon... I hope I can get through this.

Good luck!
  • keitel68
    keitel68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @ Pastor Vincent, Thank you.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    @Kaitie9399 & @T1DCarnivoreRunner Good luck to you both!!

@mbaker566 Had I known you and Speed Demon were going to be in my "back yard" this morning, I would have brought my girl to cheer you on! Sorry. Hope you had fun anyway.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Today is the St. Jude's Memphis Marathon... I hope I can get through this.

Oh man, I meant to ask you for your bib number and forgot! Tell us all about it! There is literally nothing on their results page except a message to refresh the page, last year it was a week before any results were visible.

This is my first year not running the St Jude Marathon Weekend 5k, just didn’t want to deal with the logistics and all the people. Instead I have today as a rest day, spent the morning looking at my Christmas tree and drinking coffee with cacao powder and vanilla. But my thoughts are with the rest of you struggling out there!

@Kaitie9399 Have a great race!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    @durhammfp Way to go!! That is awesome for you! I can't even imagine running at those paces, so you are laping even me, my friend, and at your 1st 5K to boot. Proud of you for beginning to recognize running your own race, too.

Do you listen to podcasts at all? If so, there is a motivating runner, Kelly Roberts, who has some brilliant podcasts to motivate and make you think. "Run Selfie Repeat".

And what about your friend? Did he place in his AG?
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @durhammfp Way to go!! That is awesome for you! I can't even imagine running at those paces, so you are laping even me, my friend, and at your 1st 5K to boot. Proud of you for beginning to recognize running your own race, too.

Do you listen to podcasts at all? If so, there is a motivating runner, Kelly Roberts, who has some brilliant podcasts to motivate and make you think. "Run Selfie Repeat".

And what about your friend? Did he place in his AG?

Thank you!

Yes he did! There were only two people in his category though, lol. Although when looking at the stats it did occur to me that, even though there were fewer people >50 years old, the old folks can be pretty serious about training. They're some of the fastest people in the race.

ETA: As far as podcasts I usually listen to wonky things like https://partiallyexaminedlife.com/. I need to get a few podcasts that, mmm, give me a little more pep.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @durhammfp well done! Congrats!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @durhammfp well done! Congrats!

Thank you sir!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    @durhammfp Great race report! Congratulations on a great race and PB!

@Faebert So glad the surgery went well. Hope your recovery is smooth.