December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone could link to the version of body glide you're all talking about. My search turned up several products and some of them, uh *ahem*, yeah, can really be used anywhere and that was an interesting description of the possible uses and I learned some new Polish words, but it didn't include running or cycling!!!

Umm:

k0kfl9rexvur.png
    $15 on Amazon.com

It comes in different color containers, pink, cameo, and etc, but it is all the same as far as I know. :)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Beautiful scenery!

@rheddmobile Sorry you have a cold again! I don't know why parents won't keep sick kids home either. Hopefully #3 is short lived also.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I started taking NADH a month ago, which is an active form of B3, (niacin) when it was mentioned in a biology class that it offers cellular support particularly during flu season coupled with final week. I noticed a difference in about 3 days. I had to find it on amazon and I thought it was a bit expensive, ~26$ for 2 months. But notice great benefits. Might be helpful to you.

I survived classmates with colds, one with staph and other with strep, Walmart trips and dh has walking pneumonia. So far, I’m good.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Accomplished plans for Thursday night and Friday.

Thursday treadmill workout was:

Walk 1 lap, run 2 laps, 3 min upper body strength, run 1 lap, 3 min upper body strength, run 1 lap, 3 min upper body strength, run 2 laps, walk 1 lap, 7 min floor lower body exercises - so total running was 1.5 miles at 5mph.

Today I ran 5k as planned, outside.

Not sure about the weekend. Tomorrow would be the better day for me to run again but that's 3 days in a row.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Did I mention I kinda, sorta, accidentally on purpose signed up for my first full marathon...

Yikes!

Late here.

Whoop whoop!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Maybe someone could link to the version of body glide you're all talking about. My search turned up several products and some of them, uh *ahem*, yeah, can really be used anywhere and that was an interesting description of the possible uses and I learned some new Polish words, but it didn't include running or cycling!!!

Umm:

k0kfl9rexvur.png
    $15 on Amazon.com

It comes in different color containers, pink, cameo, and etc, but it is all the same as far as I know. :)

the pink usually has less in it. Pays to double check but the ones on sale here are smaller.

*kitten* pink tax. Sigh
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

Umm:

k0kfl9rexvur.png
    $15 on Amazon.com

the pink usually has less in it. Pays to double check but the ones on sale here are smaller.

*kitten* pink tax. Sigh

My pink one had the same amount. Same price. From target
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

Umm:

k0kfl9rexvur.png
    $15 on Amazon.com

*kitten* pink tax. Sigh

My pink one had the same amount. Same price. From target

Yeah, all the containers here are same price for the same size - regardless of color. If any specific store does otherwise, I have not seen it, at least around here. The bigger ones are cheaper per oz, but the bigger ones all come in colors too. It is just marketing gimmicks. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    So hi. Hope you don't mind me crawling back...

FINE, if we must. Sheesh! :wink:
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    So hi. Hope you don't mind me crawling back...

FINE, if we must. Sheesh! :wink:

It's great to have you back. We've missed you.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    12-1 7k easy
    12-2 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-3 rest
    12-4 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-5 rest + yoga
    12-6 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-7 7k easy + yoga
    12-8 rest
    12-9 4k easy + resistance bands
    12-10 rest + yoga
    12-11 7k easy + resistance bands
    12-12 7k easy + yoga
    12-13 rest + resistance bands
    12-14 7k easy + yoga
    12-15 8k slow
    12-16 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-17 rest + yoga
    12-18 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-19 7k slow + yoga
    12-20 rest + resistance bands
    12-21 7k easy + yoga

December Total: 96k
    December Goal: 135k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k
    June Total: 161.5k
    July Total: 151k
    August Total: 133k
    September Total: 135k
    October Total: 115k
    November Total: 155k

2019 Total through November: 1,578k / 978.36m

Monthly average: 143.45k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races - Completed 8-31.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k - Nope...
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year - Completed 12-7.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen - Completed 9-28

Partly cloudy and 30 degrees F today with no wind to speak of. Right SI joint has been a little grumbly, but it wasn't bad today.

2020 goals:
    Continue a 5k regimen.
    Train better.

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K - 31:34 chip time; 31/77 overall; second male 65 and older (no official category)
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K - 31:11 chip time; 95/141 overall; 4/6 age group (male)
    8-31 Race for Freedom 5k - 31:39 chip time; 32:00 Garmin time; Third Place male 60 and older
    10-13 Haunted Hustle 5k - 31:22 chip time; 47/74 overall; First Place male 60 and older