Replies

• tacosandbeersmfp
    tacosandbeersmfp Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    3ish miles tonight. I ran Tuesday too, so it definitely feels good to be getting back into my routine. Weekly miles will certainly not add up to my long run and I need to find a way to remedy that without stressing so much. But my long runs are going well so maybe I’m being too hard on myself. Again, I ran longer without stopping than I have to date, so tonight was still an accomplishment and felt amazing. When i got home, I did some Bulgarian split squats with weight added and some lunches and some core work. That should help with endurance also.

I am almost finished with 80/20 Running and I have to say - the science behind easy running is phenomenal! I love knowing that as long as I’m running I am progressing, whether I’m doing it on purpose or not. :)

44 degrees F tonight and boy did that feel vastly different than the 27 degrees on Tuesday! Light tee shirt hoodie with leggings and that was it! Might be time for some body glide though. What IS that dtuff? What is it made of? What does it smell like? And is it safe to put ANYWHERE?! 😂😩😩
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    44 degrees F tonight and boy did that feel vastly different than the 27 degrees on Tuesday! Light tee shirt hoodie with leggings and that was it! Might be time for some body glide though. What IS that dtuff? What is it made of? What does it smell like? And is it safe to put ANYWHERE?! 😂😩😩
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    Anywhere 😉

External use only to be clear :wink: but any place you might rub you can put it. You can also use a cheap solid style deodorant. You know the white ones that get on your clothes real easy?

As for what it is, essentially it is wax.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    12-1 7k easy
    12-2 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-3 rest
    12-4 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-5 rest + yoga
    12-6 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-7 7k easy + yoga
    12-8 rest
    12-9 4k easy + resistance bands
    12-10 rest + yoga
    12-11 7k easy + resistance bands
    12-12 7k easy + yoga
    12-13 rest + resistance bands
    12-14 7k easy + yoga
    12-15 8k slow
    12-16 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-17 rest + yoga
    12-18 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-19 7k slow + yoga
    12-20 rest + resistance bands

December Total: 89k
    December Goal: 135k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k
    June Total: 161.5k
    July Total: 151k
    August Total: 133k
    September Total: 135k
    October Total: 115k
    November Total: 155k

2019 Total through November: 1,578k / 978.36m

Monthly average: 143.45k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races - Completed 8-31.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k - Nope...
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year - Completed 12-7.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen - Completed 9-28

Scheduled rest day today. Going to see the movie "Cats."

2020 goals:
    Continue a 5k regimen.
    Train better.

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K - 31:34 chip time; 31/77 overall; second male 65 and older (no official category)
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K - 31:11 chip time; 95/141 overall; 4/6 age group (male)
    8-31 Race for Freedom 5k - 31:39 chip time; 32:00 Garmin time; Third Place male 60 and older
    10-13 Haunted Hustle 5k - 31:22 chip time; 47/74 overall; First Place male 60 and older
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo Congratulations on the grandbaby boy!
    @shanaber Nice job on the miles! Nice job on incorporating strength and agility training into your daily workouts too.
    @Teresa502 I should get out there and do the same! Sounds fun! Enjoy your run tonight!

I hit 64.7 miles last night. I'm going to try to get out with little guy before noon and rain chances increase. Husband is home all weekend and I'm going to get a long one in tomorrow and, hopefully, Sunday too. Goal is to get 75 miles, cumulatively, in tomorrow. I have never listened to music on my runs, even on my long ones. But tonight my hubby is going to show me how to download music onto my phone. This should make for a fun run, I think. I'm excited! It's the little things in life...
    Have a happy Friday, y'all!

You will love it, I think! I ALWAYS listen to music on my runs but have recently turned the volume down so that I can pay better attention to my surrounds as well as my breathing. I can't imagine running without music! I grew up in a household where we always had James Brown or Chubby Checker on and Mom was always dancing around. Recently, I tried a podcast and it was pretty enjoyable too.

I hope you have fun!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Nice job on the miles! Nice job on incorporating strength and agility training into your daily workouts too.
    @Teresa502 I should get out there and do the same! Sounds fun! Enjoy your run tonight!

I hit 64.7 miles last night. I'm going to try to get out with little guy before noon and rain chances increase. Husband is home all weekend and I'm going to get a long one in tomorrow and, hopefully, Sunday too. Goal is to get 75 miles, cumulatively, in tomorrow. I have never listened to music on my runs, even on my long ones. But tonight my hubby is going to show me how to download music onto my phone. This should make for a fun run, I think. I'm excited! It's the little things in life...

You will love it, I think! I ALWAYS listen to music on my runs but have recently turned the volume down so that I can pay better attention to my surrounds as well as my breathing. I can't imagine running without music! I grew up in a household where we always had James Brown or Chubby Checker on and Mom was always dancing around. Recently, I tried a podcast and it was pretty enjoyable too.

I hope you have fun!

You might try Trekz headphones, they allow you to hear everything around you because they do not cover your ears at all or go in them. They use bone conduction. Not great in loud environments but good otherwise.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    December Goal: 100 Miles

12/1: 10.05 miles
    12/3: 6.25 miles
    12/4: 6.05 miles
    12/5: 6.25 miles
    12/8: 10.10 miles
    12/9: 6.05 miles
    12/11: 6.10 miles
    12/12: 6.30 miles
    12/15: 10.51 miles
    12/17: 6.06 miles
    12/18: 6.31 miles
    12/19: 7.02 miles

87.05/100 miles completed

I didn't get a chance to update my run log yesterday. I took my mother in law to Dallas to the airport. It is 2 hours and 15 minutes from my house. So I took the entire day off from work and since we weren't leaving until 10:30 I was able to sleep in a little and run a little later so the sun was already up. I had enough time to run 7 miles instead of my usual 6. I was glad to get a nice long run in yesterday since I spent 4 and a half hours driving. It was a really nice run too. It was still colder than I like at 30°F feels like 24°F, but it was sunny and it was nice. I was able to change my route a little bit since it wasn't dark and I just enjoyed being out there. I did try the hand warmers. They helped, but I think they would work better with mittens since my fingers are what gets really cold. I"m thinking gloves with the mitten flap may be just what I need. I'm in Texas and while it doesn't get that cold here compared to a lot of you, my hands get really cold. I often will wear shorts and a t-shirt and still have gloves on at least for the first part of my run. If it is below 50° and even below 55° then I need gloves. If it is in the 30's then I usually wear two pair of gloves and my fingers are still cold.

So far I am at 87.05 miles for December. That is only 12.95 miles short of my goal for the month. I am at 1251 miles for the year which is over my goal of 1000 miles and only 4 miles short of 2019 K for the year. I should hit that on Sunday.

@shanaber I'm so sorry to hear about your knee troubles.

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - Cancelled due to weather
    10/5/19: Old Rip 5K - PR 27:27, 1st AG
    11/9/19: Wags and Whiskers 5K -2nd AG, 4th Woman, 5K PR - 26:36

2020 races:
    5/16/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon

Nice job on all the miles Where are you? I'm in central Texas about 2.5 - 3 hours from Dallas.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

I didn't get a chance to update my run log yesterday. I took my mother in law to Dallas to the airport. It is 2 hours and 15 minutes from my house. So I took the entire day off from work and since we weren't leaving until 10:30 I was able to sleep in a little and run a little later so the sun was already up. I had enough time to run 7 miles instead of my usual 6. I was glad to get a nice long run in yesterday since I spent 4 and a half hours driving. It was a really nice run too. It was still colder than I like at 30°F feels like 24°F, but it was sunny and it was nice. I was able to change my route a little bit since it wasn't dark and I just enjoyed being out there. I did try the hand warmers. They helped, but I think they would work better with mittens since my fingers are what gets really cold. I"m thinking gloves with the mitten flap may be just what I need. I'm in Texas and while it doesn't get that cold here compared to a lot of you, my hands get really cold. I often will wear shorts and a t-shirt and still have gloves on at least for the first part of my run. If it is below 50° and even below 55° then I need gloves. If it is in the 30's then I usually wear two pair of gloves and my fingers are still cold.

So far I am at 87.05 miles for December. That is only 12.95 miles short of my goal for the month. I am at 1251 miles for the year which is over my goal of 1000 miles and only 4 miles short of 2019 K for the year. I should hit that on Sunday.

exercise.png

2019 races:

2020 races:

Nice job on all the miles Where are you? I'm in central Texas about 2.5 - 3 hours from Dallas.

I'm in Breckenridge, it is between Ft. Worth and Abilene. It's pretty small about 5000 people.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    Anywhere 😉

External use only to be clear :wink: but any place you might rub you can put it. You can also use a cheap solid style deodorant. You know the white ones that get on your clothes real easy?

As for what it is, essentially it is wax.

Maybe someone could link to the version of body glide you're all talking about. My search turned up several products and some of them, uh *ahem*, yeah, can really be used anywhere and that was an interesting description of the possible uses and I learned some new Polish words, but it didn't include running or cycling!!!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Good job @mbaker566 I was starting to get worried that you were going to put it off again! But you and the pups look great!

@shanaber so sorry about your knee. I hope you can find some good solutions.

I did run today, didn't post an update earlier. It was 13k at an easy pace, which was perfect 'cause I slept poorly last night and was feeling tired. But tomorrow I can sleep in and run when I want, then hang out with my family and bake cookies :)

Scenery
    lyvucp3llcm3.jpg
    December goal 100 miles

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    Dec 24/25 virtual Botanical 5k
    Jan. 11 - CityTrail 5k (#4 of 6)
  • LoveyChar
    Options

exercise.png

2019 races:

2020 races:

I'm in Breckenridge, it is between Ft. Worth and Abilene. It's pretty small about 5000 people.

Oh okay, nice!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Changing up my usual morning run to running after work today to enjoy the Christmas lights. We used to have a local Christmas Lights Run but it has fallen by the wayside for the past couple of years. I’m not sure why because it was always well attended.

@shanaber – At your recommendation, I ordered a pair of capris from Handful during their Black Friday sales event. I kept waiting and waiting to receive them. Went back through my emails and couldn’t find a shipping notice so thought I would check my next credit card statement to see if I got charged for them and maybe they had gotten lost in the mail. Finally, yesterday I had a package waiting for me. They included a nice note apologizing for the delay due to some glitch with shipping it and they threw in a cute trucker’s hat for the delay. Now that’s customer service! I’m planning on giving the capris a try this evening.
    0d5psf9v72zq.jpg

@Teresa502 - Yay! I have been really impressed by there quality and customer service. I ordered a sports bra for me and it is so comfortable. I also took a chance and ordered one for my daughter and was thrilled that she thought so too!
  • LoveyChar
    Options

I hope you have fun!

Thank you so much, so sweet!!! I'm a country gal, country music all the way...