December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,542 Member
    Options
    Well done @katharmonic after a tough session.

Started running last night aiming for a gap in the rain and had a pain in my shin, walked instead - it rained at about the I would have finished the run as if punishing me for not running. Still got the pain this morning so gently does it.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile That alpaca is so cute and looks happy to have visitors.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile That alpaca is so cute and looks happy to have visitors.

This.

Also... glice? That is a new one! Fake ice? Really?
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    December Goal – 100 miles

Dec 2 – 5.11 miles
    Dec 4 – 5.06 miles
    Dec 7 – 10.03 miles
    Dec 9 – 5.11 miles
    Dec 11 – 5.06 miles

We got about an inch of snow last night but nothing on the roads this morning so I was able to make my run. It was a nice 28F and the moon was shining brightly.

Congratulations @polskagirl01 and I love your gingerbread man ticker!

@katharmonic – That Spartan race sounds like a beast! Wait – you’re the beast! Congratulations girl!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Felt tired and slow for 7k. Then suddenly felt better and went the last km at 5k race pace. Probably shouldn't've kept going but was already back at my friend's place.

Also it was a beautiful -6C
    4ctqyw87dhb0.jpg
    yg37hf387eki.jpg
    and these new gloves I just happened to buy yesterday at Decathlon are awesome!
    s2wkpoin4zzq.jpg

December goal 100 miles

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    Dec. 14 - CityTrail 5k (#3 of 6)
    Jan. 11 - CityTrail 5k (#4 of 6)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    my naggers are slacking.
    hypersomnia knocked me out sunday and yesterday.
    i'll get a few miles in tonight

@mbaker566 Not slacking, you had permission for a couple of days off after a race.
    Now, stop posting awesome photos and go run! :-p
    shanaber wrote: »
    Question:

@mbaker566 - Love the pictures! Also love that you know need to nag your naggers :) Have you run yet? What are you waiting for?

well, i'm at work now. no run allowed in the office. when i get back home :)

Sorry I'm slackin' on my naggin'.

GO!!!!!

RUN!!!!!!!!!

@mbaker566 so did you run yet?

i didn't. i walked while making dinner. i got lazy. tonight. even if it's going to be close to 0f. it's going to happen.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    my naggers are slacking.
    hypersomnia knocked me out sunday and yesterday.
    i'll get a few miles in tonight

@mbaker566 Not slacking, you had permission for a couple of days off after a race.
    Now, stop posting awesome photos and go run! :-p
    shanaber wrote: »
    Question:

@mbaker566 - Love the pictures! Also love that you know need to nag your naggers :) Have you run yet? What are you waiting for?

well, i'm at work now. no run allowed in the office. when i get back home :)

Sorry I'm slackin' on my naggin'.

GO!!!!!

RUN!!!!!!!!!

@mbaker566 so did you run yet?

i didn't. i walked while making dinner. i got lazy. tonight. even if it's going to be close to 0f. it's going to happen.

Do it!!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,031 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins OMG! That is so scary! I would be so freaked out. I hope you are ok. I know you are physically, but I hope you are emotionally.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,123 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @katharmonic WOW! You continue to amaze me. I hope your hand is okay. I would have probably given up at that point. I'm such a wimp sometimes.

@rheddmobile Sorry your experience with the glice was not good, but good of you for giving it a try. I hope your hip is okay today. The walk through the Christmas lights sounds like fun and I'm glad you got to go to the petting zoo. Sounds like they had a lot of interesting animals there.

@Teresa502 We had almost exactly the same weather here this morning. I took a walk back in the fields to enjoy the snow, but haven't run yet.

@polskagirl01 Love the frosty pictures.

@eleanorhawkins Oh my! That is so scary. I'm sure you are really freaked out by that experience. It's so sad that those types of things are happening more and more frequently. I hope you are okay.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,031 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Awesome job on your final Spartan of the year! You are a beast!

@rheddmobile That alpaca is adorable! I am so glad you were there to be a role model for that young girl. It is quite likely that she was surprised to see you skating because she has been told that grown ups don't skate, or that skating is for kids. She probably needs to see some healthy adults taking part in some good physical activities. I have only tried ice skating once and it was very difficult. I was pretty fat back then too so I don't know if I would be any better at it now, but I'd have to drive about 90-100 miles to ice skate, so I'll probably never do it again anyway.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    i have @eleanorhawkins
    i used to be a morning runner but now that hypersomnia is active in my sleep cycle right now, it's hard for me to run in the morning and be safe to drive. if i run in the evenings, and can't physically stay awake, i can just go to bed.

while i'm not a morning person. i do prefer running in the morning to get it done with. i will have to make the switch soon to do my longer runs so i am not running around the city at midnight.

can't do lunch runs.
    1) i sweat too much, no showers, only 30 min which is only 20 min after changing, blah blah blah excuses
    2) hypersomnia will make me fall asleep in the afternoon.

i was on medication for it but it was making my anxiety sky high. which led to me needing more medication to manage that. with all that is wrong with my body (behcets, myalgia, acid reflux, hypersomnia, depression, anxiety), i really to to minimize the amount of medications needed so that when i'm older i don't have a tolerance when things are worse.

Ugh yeah, that sucks.
    Is it a long way to work? Could you look into finding a way to get to work in the morning and then run home?
  • mbaker566
    Options
    i have @eleanorhawkins
    i used to be a morning runner but now that hypersomnia is active in my sleep cycle right now, it's hard for me to run in the morning and be safe to drive. if i run in the evenings, and can't physically stay awake, i can just go to bed.

while i'm not a morning person. i do prefer running in the morning to get it done with. i will have to make the switch soon to do my longer runs so i am not running around the city at midnight.

can't do lunch runs.
    1) i sweat too much, no showers, only 30 min which is only 20 min after changing, blah blah blah excuses
    2) hypersomnia will make me fall asleep in the afternoon.

i was on medication for it but it was making my anxiety sky high. which led to me needing more medication to manage that. with all that is wrong with my body (behcets, myalgia, acid reflux, hypersomnia, depression, anxiety), i really to to minimize the amount of medications needed so that when i'm older i don't have a tolerance when things are worse.

Ugh yeah, that sucks.
    Is it a long way to work? Could you look into finding a way to get to work in the morning and then run home?

then the dogs become an issue. it's about 13 miles home. which for me atm is three hours. and i'd be asking the dogs to hold it for over 12 hours. now it's at least 9 hours
    it would be easier if i didn't work 2 jobs.
    you had good advice. morning running is nice because life rarely gets in the way. i just have to start the habit again.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 we need to win the lottery or find someone to pay us for running!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Wow, that sounds scary :(
  • mbaker566
    Options
    @mbaker566 we need to win the lottery or find someone to pay us for running!

that would be awesome. i would love to become a dog runner for a shelter or rescue :)