December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Dang! That is such a jogger story! That is scary! Hope you don't get roped in to being a suspect just because you were in the area at that approximate time!!! :o
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @eleanorhawkins Dang! That is such a jogger story! That is scary! Hope you don't get roped in to being a suspect just because you were in the area at that approximate time!!! :o

Argh, hadn't even though about that! But they must have killed him in the middle of the night (or killed him somewhere else and then taken him there and thrown the body over the cliff in the middle of the night) because that highway really is busy, and there are a lot of runners/walkers/cyclists use the path who would have heard a gun. There's a bus stop nearby too. Hmmm, there's a guy I follow on Strava who usually runs along there at about 6am. I wonder if I should ask him if he saw the car. On the other hand, I wonder if I should keep well out of it!
    ETA oh no, I just went and strava stalked him and he went the other way this morning.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins dang you have all the fun!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @shanaber Yes, my husband is also excited. He has already majorly reduced his insulin and had to call in for instructions on cutting his BP meds because his BP was getting so low. It took a surgeon telling him "You're obese and need an aggresive weight loss plan before I fix your hernia" but his eyes have been opened about calories and the fact that he can control his health conditions through diet and exercise. I think we'll be forever grateful for that surgeon being a little on the rude side and just telling the truth!
    @greenolivetree - more doctors should be like that surgeon! My husband's just keeps telling him, yeah, you know you need to lose a few pounds. I wish they would just tell hime - lose weight and more than a few pounds! Worse, he knows that he can control his health with diet and exercise but chooses to not do either. It is something I just don't understand....
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Thank you @PastorVincent, @Scott6255, @noblsheep, @polskagirl01, @TheMrWobbly, @Teresa502, @Tramboman, @quilteryoyo, and @kgirlhart. My hand is doing better. Between trying to catch up on work and my cold being a bit worse, I didn't run again today, although I did work out a bit. Taking all your advice to take it easy for a while.

@rheddmobile love that alpaca, great picture of his/her hayseed impression

@eleanorhawkins- so very scary. Hard not to be freaked out by that incident!

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic - your Spartan races are so impressive, especially fighting through this last one! Wow!!
    @rheddmobile - I found out at agility class on Monday that our trainer and her sister have managed the camels and other animals for several of the large Christmas programs. The sister is still doing it and is driving a camel from where we are in So Ca to Fresno - about 250 miles. 😊 I used to work in a baby zoo that was part of the Oakland zoo. Most of the animals didn't stay there long though, they were moved to the regular zoo once they were big enough. Love the alpaca picture - such a cutie!
    @eleanorhawkins - I would be totally freaked out too and would have a really difficult time running in that area again.

I got in a sort little 2 mile walk/run this morning taking it really easy to not make my knee any more cranky. Hoping to get in a few miles tomorrow before PT and strength training (have one right after the other).
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins And you really had just made a joke on the nutrition thread about finding a dead body! What an awful coincidence! Some years ago we were driving near my house and noticed a flock of vultures had been there several days and I said, “I wonder who’s dead back there!” Well... it was pro basketball player Lorenzen Wright who had been murdered by his wife, and his body wasn’t found for another two weeks. I guess the cops don’t have sense enough to look for vultures, since the location was within a mile of his house. Anyway, it cured me of making flippant jokes about death. I’m sorry you had a similar experience!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    tell me more @avidkeo, I have a pain in the shin for the last few days and it doesn't seem to be lessening.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I hope that stranger with a drill was nice to you and gave you some good drugs before getting started.

@shanaber Glad you got in a short run. Hope your knee continues to get better.

Wow @rheddmobile ! That's some story. You would think the police would notice to vultures and check it out if they are searching for a potential murder victim. Weird.

@Avidkeo I'm glad your day off helped. Hope you continue to feel better mentally and that your shin splints heal as well. Those can be awfully painful. I overdid it when I first started running 10 years ago and my shin splints were horrible. I couldn't walk up stairs they were so bad.

@polskagirl01 Good luck on your race this weekend and your HM series next year. Sounds intense.