Dec 7 – 10.03 miles
    Dec 9 – 5.11 miles
    Dec 11 – 5.06 miles
    Dec 14 – 3.22 (Dream Run 5k)
    Dec 15 – 13.26 miles (Santa Hustle)
    Dec 16 – 3.5 miles
    Dec 18 – 5.45 miles
    Total - 55.80/100 miles

It was 22F on this morning’s run and there were a few icy patches along the route. We had one to trip and fall but that was due to uneven sidewalk and poor lighting.

@katharmonic – sounds like some more rest is needed. Hope you are feeling better today.

Hugs @dreamer12151 – hope you are feeling better today also.

Welcome @srivdyaramesh6592 and @imbatmilf!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    imbatmilf wrote: »
    I want to start running again. I had started 3 years ago and had a massive unrelated injury resulting in a broken back, femur, knee, all kinds of stuff. Before I was injured I was 88 pounds into my weight loss journey and has started running (litterally 5 seconds at a time) and worked my way up to 5k's on the weekend with my son :) I know this is an advanced or established runners group but was wondering if I can join?

December is almost over and I can't run a mile yet, I am making my first goal to run 10 miles this month. I have 14 days left this month not including weekends so I am going to try for a mile a day :)

This by far the most accepting thread I have ever seen on the internet. :) All are welcome. We even have some that do not run at all right now. Some that are working towards running for a full 5 or 10 minutes, and some that do 500 miles a month.

So yes, please join! :)
    seconded
    we all have to start somewhere and this is a great group to start with
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i back up my photos on google. google creates albums. it generated one with Speed Demon and labelled it Kelpie. I thought google might have been high. then i looked up Kelpies on akc, not the mythical creature
    akc site kelpie
    6uqm7ntrp098.png
    0oul2apuf80s.png
    r731fn9tgac2.png
    nanveoe7o15u.png
    speed demon
    mxt8cqo6y59r.png
    xdew4b0d4prj.png
    ojz5mjjy85lc.png
    qhuyvg72qikd.png
    rs4ffks7ruhf.png

Yeah that's definitely your dog! Such a beautiful baby!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep Funny about your mom's cooking or lack of! My brother says we lived on cereal. And my mother never used salt because of the high blood pressure relationship. She'd never been to a doctor so I could only guess why she thought that. I happily salt my food now but do cook with little salt and leave it all to salt their own. The lack of flavor is probably why I didn't care for her cooking.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    my family's cooking was....uninteresting.
    me and my brother are both very good at using spices and not cooking beef to well done.
    i love cooking. my mom likes baking. i just rarely have time. i wish i did. i have the runners world cookbook, book of soups. harry potter cookbook. gilmore girls cookbook which is really nice because they have easy and complicated versions of the same recipe
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @mbaker566 pretty running partner, looks similar to my crazy dog!

I hope everyone is having a happy Wednesday! This is my running partner! He's done most of my shorter runs with me and some of them get pretty chilly.z9jxa3705rq1.jpg

What a beautiful tiny human!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @mbaker566 pretty running partner, looks similar to my crazy dog!

I hope everyone is having a happy Wednesday! This is my running partner! He's done most of my shorter runs with me and some of them get pretty chilly.z9jxa3705rq1.jpg

What a beautiful tiny human!

Thank you...
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    my family's cooking was....uninteresting.
    me and my brother are both very good at using spices and not cooking beef to well done.
    i love cooking. my mom likes baking. i just rarely have time. i wish i did. i have the runners world cookbook, book of soups. harry potter cookbook. gilmore girls cookbook which is really nice because they have easy and complicated versions of the same recipe

@mbaker566 umm did the Gilmore Girls not live on takeaways? oh and btw, did you run yet? ;-)