December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Did I mention I kinda, sorta, accidentally on purpose signed up for my first full marathon...

Yikes!

I kinda did the same thing and run mine in February! Good luck to us both (I'll need it)!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent They need a laugh button! That's hilarious! Was it just one police car, one firetruck, and Santa? I mean, I guess that is all you need for a parade, but there is usually a little more to it. BTW, I'm glad the FedEx guy wasn't arrested and that it wasn't someone more sinister.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent They need a laugh button! That's hilarious! Was it just one police car, one firetruck, and Santa? I mean, I guess that is all you need for a parade, but there is usually a little more to it. BTW, I'm glad the FedEx guy wasn't arrested and that it wasn't someone more sinister.

Yeah, my town is small and not rich so just 1 police car and one fire truck. :)
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Yeah, my town is small and not rich so just 1 police car and one fire truck. :)

I love this.

I’m really glad the FedEx guy is fine!

That’s a great story! And a sweet parade!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I am really excited! I got drawn in a race lottery for the first time ever. I never ever get drawn for any race, but my luck has changed... I will run Chicago again next year! (This year, I did for charity.)

Congrats!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Did I mention I kinda, sorta, accidentally on purpose signed up for my first full marathon...

Yikes!

Woohoo!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @mbaker566 Did I miss your run report?
    Haha, @mbaker566 you did ask for this ;)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Yay! Sounds like a great race and you did fantastic. Congratulations to your son as well. I understand your daughter's mind set. That was my goal on my first race ever, which was a 10K Trail race I was not properly trained for. I achieved that goal - I think 3rd from last. So, I was ecstatic. It does give you hope. I know someone has to be last. I just don't ever want it to be me. :wink: What is the animal on the back of the shirt?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Had my trail 5k today! It was fun :)
    YAY FOR FUN!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Had my trail 5k today! It was fun :)
    YAY FOR FUN!

Double yay for FUN!!!!!

I still worry a little bit about finishing last, but someone has to - or the race could never be over.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 5k race @polskagirl01! So glad to see kids racing. Great job getting them interested in running early in life (as opposed to me starting at 50).
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Great job to you and the kiddos @polskagirl01!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    For some reason I couldn’t load photos earlier from my phone. Forgot to mention post race there was water and a hot chocolate bar with lots of goodies to add in along with donuts and biscuits.