• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Lovely afternoon and weekend ahead ...

Afternoon -- it's 12:20 pm and most of my work colleagues are departing for the Christmas Party. I've gone a few times but have been generally disappointed by the meals on offer, so the last couple years I've opted not to go. Instead of a mediocre meal and lots of noise, I will have my usual lunch and a very quiet afternoon. :)

Weekend -- my plan is to stay home and do homework ... and believe it or not, I'm looking forward to that! :grin:

4 of the last 5 weekends I've been rushing off to events, and 2 of those weekends had all-day events where I had to be up at 5:30 am and driving all over the countryside for the next 12 hours or so.

I'm looking forward to staying put and working at my own pace. :)

However, I do plan to get out on Sunday for a bicycle ride and maybe a short run. Sunday is supposed to be the first nice day we've had in a long time, so if possible, I'd like to get outside for a bit in the afternoon and just enjoy it.

Machka in Oz ... in windy, rainy, cool Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💤😴
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Athena!!! Sitting up!!! Woohoo 🙌 watch her get up run soon enough!

Cleaning today kitchen 1section took 3hours. I am sooo slow! Rest tomorrow ran out of time ⌛️. I used to clean 12 kitchens this size plus 24 mini hotel mini bar areas in 1 day took approximately 8hours. Now 1 kitchen kicks my butt takes the same amount of time! Ugghh got to get faster somehow again.

Dinner Cheese sandwich 🥪 airfryer y waffle fries 8=160cal for this brand. Crystal light peach tea ☕️
    Amber Tx

No walking or weigh in just cleaning 🧹 a lot including dishes to laundry cooking 3meals today .
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did a Mix It Up DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the rebounder.

Went to WalMart after exercising to get more cough medicine. Got a few other things we needed then went to the Green Room then had an eye MD appt. I must say I wasn’t impressed with this MD. Ever since ours retired, I’ve been trying to find one that I like. So far no luck. He didn’t dilate my eyes. I feel like I got the barest of minimum visit. Our other MD did dilate your eyes as part of the routine eye exam. Newcomer bowling tonight

SuziQ – oh, yes, I know about the teenage years…only too well. If he’s anything like her, she’d better watch out! Personally, I think they’re going to have a real hard time (especially Pete) if he isn’t into “manly” things like baseball etc.

We have the Newcomer Christmas party tomorrow. The entertainment is a steel drum band. What this has to do with Christmas is beyond me. Maybe I’m wrong. We shall see. I know they have the election of officers, but I’m truly wondering if we even need to go to that meeting. It’s not like there’s anyone running against someone for a position. It’ll be like every year, the entire slate will be voted in unanimously.

Barbie – yea yea yea for your bone density

SuziQ – I’m so sorry for you

Hi there Suzi from Utah

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Yep Amber, poor son and DIL, their lives will change overnight once she starts crawling!
    💖Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    I think it was last month we talked about passwords and being safe online.

This was posted by Stay Smart Online: https://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/.

Can you pick the one which might be legit and the one which is definitely NOT?

yaj12hsrssfs.png

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca I cannot believe adorable Athena is sitting up on her own! Charming baby. xoxo And I think your phone chair's vintage Christmas look is quite lovely.

I spent hours in the Social Security office and then on the phone with Medicare. I signed up for Part B. Pretty much wasted time otherwise; the people I talked to actually know quite a bit less than I do which is frightening. In-person insurance broker is next. I'm expecting a much more satisfying conversation. Geeez!

Karen in Virginia
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Busy Busy Busy <3<3
    Viv UK
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    heather Edie playing cello, be still my heart <3

First of 6 concerts down last night, I invited my colleagues to stay after work for a pot luck before the concert—my way of reaching out and staying positive—no regrets! The concert was filled with a lot of smiles and hugs amidst the squeaky scratchy sounds—lots of young drama.

Just going to crank out the work, I often think of my mom who when faced with a large, unwieldy task, would remind me to stop and look, stop and recognize what is simply wonderful or amazing or just perfect and stop looking ahead to tick off a box— “Oh, Karen, just look at that! She would exclaim to me—I’m keeping that mindset close to mind in the days ahead.

NYKAREN
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Machka - the second one is a scam/not safe. I just looked at the "from" emails.

Athena always looks like such a happy little girl, just gorgeous, and Edie with the cello is every mother's dream--love the shot of all the kids with the lanterns...

Up early due to a thunderstorm rolling through, quite noisy, but gone now.

Later,
    Lisa in AR
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    *weather and geography--when I know what part of the world you're in, it makes more sense when you write about your weather, flowers, amount of daylight, season

https://www.windy.com

M in Oz

Machka,
    The graphics remind me of hurricane season here in SFla. If I were ever to move to your area of the world I think it would take me years to get used to the seasons. I probably would call summer winter. :smile:

Hope the me time is just what you need.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I think it was last month we talked about passwords and being safe online.

This was posted by Stay Smart Online: https://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/.

Can you pick the one which might be legit and the one which is definitely NOT?

yaj12hsrssfs.png

Machka in Oz

Print of pics is way too small. I would probably say #1 is more legit just by overall sight. But, before I click on anything from an "unknown" I research the company/sender in another tab.

Typically I can tell just from the email address, if something is a no go. We get tons of malevolent purchasing emails at work (B2B tech reseller) so we are all well-versed in researching. :smile: