WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Friday!

I have been on MFP for 10 years......It still amazes me that when I eat wisely, it is easy to stay in calorie goal.;) Really wanted chocolate last night......tired and frustrated......chose yogurt with granola. I am proud of decision.

Barrett Jackson auto auction in Scottsdale has been cool. Tired as it runs late on tv, but time with Husband.

@klanders30 I love that your husband quietly reminded. I am amazed at how attitudes effect everything around us. YOU ARE SMART, ACTIVE, AND LOVING! You've got this!

Gotta get ready for work.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where we freeze today and drown tomorrow....
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- Very cool wombat facts! I saved your link for an animal unit I will do with the kids. Thanks for sharing!

I still find the animals here fascinating. This is a good article giving a bit of an overview about Australian animals. :)

https://www.learnaboutwildlife.com/wildlifeAustraliaMammals.html

I've seen many different ones ...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157623280801300

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    In coming days, weeks, month (into Feb) ...

-- Orchid regeneration. I know almost nothing about orchids but was given one some time ago. Turns out it grew a baby and really needs some help.

-- Bees. My husband wants to have a hive. I'm not sure yet, but there's a documentary movie in February we're planning to go see. (And yes, Wendy in NZ had bees)

-- Assignment 3. I've started working on it ... putting together some ideas. Hopefully I'll make some progress this weekend.

-- Final Exam. We receive it and have 2 weeks to work on it. It's a paper on a topic we'll find out when the time comes.

-- Semester 1. I've enrolled in 2 courses. I haven't done 2 courses in one semester throughout this whole program till now. But I want to get it done.

-- Cycling Event. Organising the one I posted earlier. And attending an AGM for the club.

-- Penny Farthing Cycling Event. This one we're just attending for fun ... it's fun to watch the races and so on.

-- Pilates. Starting again in early Feb.

Then there's some Brain Injury stuff and Wordpress stuff and medical appointments as usual. Plus work, of course.

Today, I walked to the Botanical Garden and back at lunch. That was nice. :)

And I think I'm going to go to bed a bit earlier than I usually do on a weekend. I'm tired.

Machka in Oz

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Homeless in Los Angels, Cal
    g5hltw92l74r.png

I've read that a lot of this is due to the very high cost of living there.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Pip)))
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka Wombats! How cool. They are big!!!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Carol - I am so very, very sorry.

I truly believe he'll be off scampering with Bailey.

I'm grabbing a tissue.

<3 (HUGS) <3

Lanette
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Homeless in Los Angels, Cal
    g5hltw92l74r.png

I've read that a lot of this is due to the very high cost of living there.

We have had that starting to happen here too. Now it is too cold so the tents are gone for now. What some have done on park land is build shelters that are covered with brush to make them warmer. We also have those that make what I call a nest right underneath the freeways on the overpasses.

What is happening here is the big companies like We Buy Ugly Houses are buying up the cheaper homes. Anything under $200,000 is considered cheap here. They then turn around and rent them.

I must get a plea a month to sell our son's home to them.

I wish instead of trying to build new affordable housing which really means tax payers subsidizing the exorbitant cost of building that our city would buy these homes. Once bought they would give credits to tenants to keep their homes up. They also would find a program to give them the tools and training to keep the property up and programs to help them to buy their homes.

Having lived next to a foreclosed home. (Happened twice and then having that property turned into a rental.) I know this practice of buying homes to use a rental is not good for a neighborhood.

The last person to foreclose the home next to us refinanced the home right before the bubble burst in 2008 here. He bragged how he used the 72,000 like a credit card and did not put a dime back into the home. He would only whine and say poor me. Part of why he got so much is we and the neighbor on the other side keep up our property. He only talked to me to complain or try to sell me something.

Fortunately he is long gone. I do miss his poor wife. Now we have delightful new neighbors who take pride in their home.

I am gearing up for the snow storm that is to hit later today. It will start around noon and go until tomorrow. I am glad DH got to Chicago before it hit. I stayed to take care of the snow here and at son's. DS is not doing well and needs me here, too.

I am taking my own advice, when I say to those who are trying to help loved ones who are ill , I am making sure I am taking good care of me. I am taking extra care with my teeth, I bought some nice bath salts to take a long bath, I bought some nice hand cream to pamper my hands. I am reading a book The Art of Noticing that is prompting me to reframe how I look at my surroundings, and I just read Outer Order, Inner Calm that reminded me to included Beauty in my life everyday and to reconsider how and why I keep and use my possessions.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    SERENDIPITY! Just a minute ago I got an email thanking me for my Christmas donation to Crisis and a video showing the good the money does. It's not just first aid, it can really help someone get back on their feet. I am suspicious of charities in general as I feel the government should be funding basic help for people, not charity, but I find the idea of a Christmas dinner and a warm welcome irresistible. :D
    TBFTGOGGI and I'm not religious.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Carol - so sorry!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Carol so so sorry. What a darling face your baby has. Many hugs to you.

Betsy in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Carol, so sorry for your loss.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Carol hugs and love. Every tear is love.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    My word for 2020 is ‘journey’ I need to remember that and journey out of my depression.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. Really need it.

RV Rita