WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    I found my old CVs on a very old USB stick. :D I had three, each one emphasising a different aspect of my work. Got them on to the new laptop and Dropbox, but somehow failed to combine them into a new folder. I used to drag and drop on my old laptop, but that doesn't seem to work. A puzzlement. How to put a Word file into a new folder?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Copy & paste?

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

☘️
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options

I found my old CVs on a very old USB stick. :D I had three, each one emphasising a different aspect of my work. Got them on to the new laptop and Dropbox, but somehow failed to combine them into a new folder. I used to drag and drop on my old laptop, but that doesn't seem to work. A puzzlement. How to put a Word file into a new folder?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Can’t you drag and drop it?

Okie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Uuuuu
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Just skimmed through the conversations-interesting combinations today! Wombats, Royals, heart rate advice, support for those facing sad situations. I just love the diversity of the discussions!

Camping-Holiday Inn Express is my idea of roughing it. Never been a camper-could be because it wasn't part of family experience. I enjoy walking through woods, etc., but no desire to sleep on the ground in a tent. I have friends who live for it.

Glad to have made it to Friday evening. Didn't get out of work early like I wanted but had an in person meeting that was beneficial then a phone meeting that helped iron out some details I need for pay project I need to finish this weekend. The time on that call will save me time figuring some things out. Thought about skipping gym, but I have promised myself I will go at least three days a week. Got stretches and weights done and then 32 minutes on treadmill. Could feel stress melting away so glad I went. Came home, had dinner, tidied up kitchen and decided no work tonight. Caught up on here and heading to bed.

We are supposed to have some sort of winter weather tonight, rain tomorrow then sharp drop in temperatures. This will be our longest spell of traditional winter here.

Positive thoughts for all, especially those struggling today.

Ginny in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Took the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga for Strength and Flexibility DVD

Where that girl put the IV in me STILL hurts.

I did go to bowling last night, but just to get out of the house. I was still a bit unsteady so I didn’t bowl

Katla and Heather – Vince’s idea of “roughing it” is watching the football game by the light of the TV….lol

Lisa AR – Thanks for the link. I checked it out. To be honest, I’d be afraid to use the bowl after doing that. No where in the link does it say anything about being able to use the bowl again (being able to put food in it). I know when we do ceramics, we have to treat the inside/surface of the dish/bowl/cup/whatever so that food can be used on/in it

Allie – that’s wonderful that nurse was able to get the vein. Now I have good veins, every time I get an IV put in they always comment on how good my veins are. She shouldn’t have had that much of a problem. A tourniquet should have been plenty. Heck, I can see right now the vein that she used. And I’m not even wearing a tourniquet. I honestly believe that she was probably fresh out of school.

KJ – do you have anything that says that the parents need to continue to potty training when the children aren’t with you. In other words, even tho they might want to go shopping or whatever, their child needs to come first and they need to continue the potty training and shorten what time they would spend doing something or somehow make arrangements. Like when we would go to FL when the kids were being potty trained, we stopped at A LOT of rest areas/restaurants/fast food places/gas stations, etc. See, I didn’t have anyone else to depend on to potty train my children.

Soup kitchen today. I’m going to take some ice from them (they have an ice machine) because I want to make more yogurt and to cool the milk down, I’ve found it best to put the pot in a bucket of water with ice in it. Normally, I don’t like those ice cubes since they are the small ones and melt so fast, but in this instance, that really doesn’t matter.

Carol – (((HUG))) We’re with you on your shoulder sending hugs

Went to exercise, then Food Lion (they had Vince’s soda on sale) then up the street to the Salvation Army where I got 3 more exercise DVD’s (just what I need, only one of them I already had. I HAVE to get my spreadsheet onto my phone), then WalMart for a bit, then soup kitchen (they had cheeseburgers with chili, fries and coleslaw with cake and some pies, then another Food Lion on my way home for more soda (it’s at a good price) and a few other things. Right now I’m making yogurt. My recipe calls for 5 cups of milk, this time I’m being adventurous and putting more milk (plus more starter) and I’ll see how that turns out. Also made chocolate bran muffins. Going to the Green Room tonight to see “Crimes of the Heart”

Katla – Bobs Red Mill has a new policy. If you want the coupons, you have to call them and they’ll send them. Evidently, there were problems with stores accepting them.

My stomach still feels a little bloated. No big deal

Made the yogurt. Only problem seems to be that I don't have a strainer big enough to strain all the yogurt. Will have to work on this

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: Thanks for the great news about your son's call. :bigsmile:

Michele: I’ve never thought about asking for Bob’s Redmill coupons. Thanks for the tip! :flowerforyou:

DH and the dog have gone upstairs to bed long enough ago that I’m pretty sure they’re both sleeping.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Been awake since 1 am..the stress from yesterday nearly did me in,eating was not horrible ,but to much..of course once you wake up your mind starts up so here I am snuggled in with Alfie and cant go back to sleep...
    I'm dropping Alfie off at Tom's after 8 this morning for a play date with Homer while I go to the funeral.. I feel so bad I didnt make it to the wake,but I'll be there today..
    Then home and probably a nap
    I was invited out tomorrow and I will send my regrets as I need to knuckle down ..Tomorrow I will work on getting my place in order it looks like a tornado blew through my bedroom..
    Going to check into travel insurance for hospitalization just in case.. better safe than sorry..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Allie - You should always take out insurance the minute you book the holiday in case you have to cancel. Always declare any recent illnesses, medications and any current treatment, or they won't pay up, even if it's unrelated. I managed to get my Mexico medical expenses out of them, minus the excess, but they put me through all the hoops. :# Keep all receipts.

Max is coming over this afternoon for a 1 to 1. :D<3 DH is happy, but he will be keeping one eye on the football as his team is playing live on the internet. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Heather all set. I know I am going .. but got medical and death insurance lol ya never know
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    where I got 3 more exercise DVD’s (just what I need, only one of them I already had. I HAVE to get my spreadsheet onto my phone)
    Michele NC

Line them up on a shelf or in a drawer, and take a photo of the edges (showing titles, etc.). That's what I've done with my DVDs so I don't get duplicates.

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Allie: (((hugs)))

It's another lovely clear day here, but there was frost overnight, (coldest night so far - 5C) so will need to wrap up well when I go out. I may walk to the local shops a mile away later this morning if the frost melts in the sun.
    Over halfway through the month I am doing fine on my 20 Goals for 2020. I am refining them a little at the moment.
    Current Stats
    Terri: Female; 74 next birthday; Northern Ireland; married > 53 years; ex Maths teacher; volunteer group leader for U3A (University of the Third Age - life-long learning charity)
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    LW: 146.7 (November 2019)
    2020 SW: 151.2
    CW: 149.6
    GW: 145
    Update - 20 Goals for 2020
    • Pre-log every lick, sip and bite (Daily)✅
    • Stay under goal (Daily)✅
    • Balance macros/micros (Daily)✅
    • Hydrate adequately (Daily)✅
    • Choose 90% healthy snacks (Daily)✅
    • 7500+ Steps (Daily) ✅
    • 5 mins stretch before/after workouts ✅
    • 15+ minutes HIIT > 5 days a week✅
    • 15+ mins lower body > 5 days a week✅
    • 15+ mins yoga/tai chi > 5 days a week ✅
    • Dance group (twice a month)✅
    • Practice self-care (Daily)✅
    • Stay up to date with accounts ✅ all bills up to date. Working on groups accounts today
    • Mindfulness Practice/meditation ((Daily - morning/evening)✅
    • 1 > 15 mins Declutter sessions (Daily)✅ Repair/donate/discard unused items
    • Finish > 2 ongoing craft projects (monthly) ⚠️ working on this
    • Purchase essential items only⚠️ Had to replace winter shoes and boots as they were no longer waterproof.
    • Read > 1 book from 'to read' pile ✅ Finished 2 books already working on 3rd
    • 19. Complete > 2 ongoing crochet projects (monthly)✅ completed short-sleeved cardigan
    • 20. Build on current skills/knowledge ✅ Latin/Shakespeare/art/crafts etc
    ☘️ Terri
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka

Those sandals look comfy & supportive.

I have killed 2 orchids & have one that is thriving, so I'm no help, but good for you. I hope to do better with orchids someday, I do love them.

Karen in Virginia
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Love the pic!

Okie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Michele - You said before that you were using Fairlife milk. If so, there is no need to boil first. I do boil, because I can't get it in the UK. I always make my yoghurt overnight, so there us no rush. I boil it around 7 pm, lift it out and let it cool naturally, then set it some time around 8.30. I like it to go for ten and a half hours. It's done when I come down in the morning. Doesn't matter at all if it stays in the pot a bit longer. I often forget about it.
    I don't bother to strain it as mine is going on stewed fruit, but when I did strain it to make it thick, I used to order the big industrial paper coffee filters from Amazon. I still have quite a few left over. I lined a wire colander with three if them in overlapping circles and set the colander over a bowl. I was only making a quart at a time. For larger amounts people use a strainer on a stand which you can buy.

I have no idea why I'm not succeeding in dragging and dropping. That's always how I used to do it. :* This is a new laptop, so I must be doing something wrong. It's not important as I can find what I want easily enough, but I have a tidy mind. :) I will be cutting and pasting on my tablet probably from Dropbox anyway. I was just delighted to find the CVs on a very old stick. I still have some new, up to date, material to write for the website.
    Last night I spent far too long looking for the photos I used for the cover of Me I Am. They must have not transferred from my old tablet as they were on a Photoshop file. I will have to email them to myself. I was late to bed and all annoyed. :# Did get to sleep eventually. I should know better, but I thought it would be simple. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx