Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    dai2x809zexf.jpeg
    wuivy3n2lcxa.jpeg
    j90at1d4sysk.jpeg

Kobe incident- Sad 2 young beautiful 13yr old girls lost (coaches Daughter was on board also) . So far they said it was the pilot 👨‍✈️ (probably a family man also),Coach his wife 13tr old Daughter,Kobe y his 13yr old Daughter,Anyone rose unknown so 6 known as dead maybe a few to go still.

JR feels better today so luckily 24hr big one not a week long affair. I hate Winter I was born in winter but still hate it! We got his hair cut 💇🏾‍♂️ to grocery shopping 🛒 done ✅ (Sam’s Club still hasn’t returned the disability carts they were supposed to fix still not looking like they ever will get them) so JR in with the groceries since he can’t fit in a baby seat areas I had to hold him with 1 hand drag with the other (40lb child + bulk groceries = a work out of pulling mass pounds!) .So sore but can’t say I didn’t exercise lol. Tylenol y a nap on my list now. Went to Chuckie cheese was their cleaning time no kids or parents (Only 2kids y their parents they said flu the day before also but took to Doctor they said well their better now- sigh 😔 poor parents wrangling 2 in a waiting room to be told why you bring them? Lol) . Their Daughters played with JR y they helped wrangle with me as a group made it easier. Got veggies to yogurt unflavored non-GMO plus a stack of Gatorade zero most of all toilet paper 🧻!! Was getting low as you can go. Got car done ✅ by a mechanic 🧰 👨‍🔧 . Did it all by myself 1st full outing out ever! Mother-in-law helping me to train him made it so easy!

Amber Tx

Not eating as healthy as I like but staying in range. Salad 🥗 y pizza at Chuckie cheese pizza 🍕.The Sierra Mist y tea ☕️ lots of calories even tho had unsweetened tea . Lots of running after a 2yr old to dancing with Chuckie. Got grocery in the house put away. Dinner left over pizza 🍕 but 0-5cal drinks unlike a restaurant. Healthy snacks from broccoli 🥦 to artichoke dips at home so should be able to rein it in at only a little over.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I did my gym cardio: 5 mins rowing for warmup, 5 mins elliptical, half a mile on the treadmill, and 10 mins on a stationary bike. My hip is limiting me on the treadmill, and I get too out of breath on the elliptical. My hr goes up to 170. I allow myself to eat back 30 calories for all that. So that is the plan.

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Pip Maybe a little side car, LOL! mqz9abeqje4h.png

THANKS!!! I’ll show kirby
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Tried some yougurt all natural from the store tastes like sour cream to me. Yuck 🤢 but might be good in a potatoe. Any way to sweeten it to take away the sour cream flavor to it??
    Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,113 Member
    Options
    Tried some yougurt all natural from the store tastes like sour cream to me. Yuck 🤢 but might be good in a potatoe. Any way to sweeten it to take away the sour cream flavor to it??
    Amber Tx

All natural yogurt is very sour and horrible.

I just avoid it like I avoid other sour and horrible things such as sour cream and milk.

The only good thing I've created with all natural yogurt is a dip which was very tasty and probably way up there in calories:

Equal parts natural yogurt and Cheese Whiz with spices (garlic, onion, salt, pepper, etc.) to taste.

If I'm going to eat yogurt, I go with the no fat, no added sugar kind which is low in calories. :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    [
    Machka and Allie: DH likes black tea but I have never liked it. I was brought up on a little coffee with a lot of sugar and milk. As time went by I dropped the milk due to lactose intolerance. Later I dropped the sugar, too. Now I drink coffee with stevia, or herbal tea. Peppermint is my favorite herbal tea. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"Black" tea -- I don't mind Lady Grey and will occasionally drink a Chocolate Orange tea.

"Green" tea -- occasionally.

The rest of the time, I drink things like these ... they're all mild, slightly sweet and don't need either milk or sugar. :)

Rooibos with cinnamon, ginger and other things. I don't like plain Rooibos but mixed with other things, it is nice.
    Lemon Ginger
    Chamomile with Honey & Vanilla (Twinings)
    Chamomile with Spiced Apple (Twinings)
    Chamomile with Orange Blossom & Honey (Twinings)
    Cocoa & Chilli (Higher Living)

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Pip Maybe a little side car, LOL! mqz9abeqje4h.png

although it's a cute thought, after thinking about it more, that sidecar wouldn't be a good idea. I would want him behind me and Kirby behind me. on a sidecar, he would be too close to the curb and gravel. also, he wouldn't have enough room to move around. it will be a long ride. cute thought tho
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Machka- I love sour cream lol 😂. This tastes just like that but my mind just keeps saying but but your supposed to taste like yogurt!!

Going to try on a potato 🥔 will see.
    It’s 0% fat to nonGMO was hoping I could make it work. If it can be made into a dip bet it can go on a potatoe...hoping lol 😂 really hoping. Not sure what chez whiz is, but I know what other ingredients for dips are. I tried chocolate Hershey syrup on this sour stuff y my sweet loving protein shake to try y save it lol. Bought it originally thinking I could add fruit y granola have a nice snack. But none of that goes with sour cream flavored yogurt!

Amber Tx

Sad sad tasting stuff
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka- I love sour cream lol 😂. This tastes just like that but my mind just keeps saying but but your supposed to taste like yogurt!!

Going to try on a potato 🥔 will see.
    It’s 0% fat to nonGMO was hoping I could make it work. If it can be made into a dip bet it can go on a potatoe...hoping lol 😂 really hoping. Not sure what chez whiz is, but I know what other ingredients for dips are. I tried chocolate Hershey syrup on this sour stuff y my sweet loving protein shake to try y save it lol. Bought it originally thinking I could add fruit y granola have a nice snack. But none of that goes with sour cream flavored yogurt!

Amber Tx

Cheez Whiz

orj5ar82dh6x.png

And yes, original non-flavoured yogurt is best used for savoury dishes like the dip I mentioned, or with a curry.

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Went to the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Denise Austin Get Fit Fast DVD

After exercise went to the Salvation Army. Decided to get some “pop” molds, you know, the ones I use to make the yogurt/oj concentrate pops. I figure I can leave these down at the condo.

Then went to Habitat for Humanity. While we’re in FL I’m going to make a shrimp orzo salad for one of the pot lucks. I got a dish to put it in and a serving spoon. I figure I’ll just leave any leftovers there. If I lose the bowl and spoon what have I lost? $1.50? Big deal. At least I won’t have leftovers, and that’s worth $1.50

I know this sounds really dumb, but yesterday we put away one of the rugs we use at Christmas time and my coughing went away. We did put it out around November and to me it seems that that’s when the coughing started. I know Vince says that my coughing started in the summer, but I don’t think so. Could I be allergic to the rug??? We put away some of the totes, but we put them away shortly after we put the trees up so it can’t be that.

Viv UK – fingers, eyes, toes, legs and anything else that can be done are all crossed for your sister in law. What is a Blue Badge? Update: thanks Barbara

Karen – Awww those kitties. I want to hug each and every one. I know that Vince (and probably me) would have a hard time giving them up, Vince probably wouldn’t.

Barbara – I got my car with the backup camera thinking it would be a big help when we were down in FL and there was a lot of dew. But it really isn’t, you still need to have your windows cleaned so that you can see if someone is approaching. Anyway, the one and only time (so far) that I have found the backup camera to be a real big help is when I’m parallel parking. I know what you mean about traffic in the city. Yuk!

Pip – oh, that would be wonderful if you could take a dog! You – not going to a gym – what’s this world coming to….lol

Flea – I’m so sorry about you MIL. I remember you talking about her

Tea – the only kind of tea that I can’t stand is black tea. It gives me an upset stomach. I’m not crazy about Early Grey, but I can swallow that. But black tea? No. And don’t give me coffee. I like the smell of coffee grounds or it brewing, but that’s as far as I go. It’s interesting that everywhere you go, they offer coffee. Many places don’t offer hot tea. So I just bring teabags with me.

Rebecca – that is so good of you to donate like you do

JR – to sweeten yogurt I usually add some honey and/or fruit. That’s one of the good things about making your own yogurt. I’ve never had it tangy and I prefer it that way.

Now Vince is saying that he wants to be home from FL in time for the primaries. I’d like to stay longer. Tomorrow we’re going to see about getting an absentee ballot. Not sure how long it’ll take for them to send it to us. Hopefully, we’ll get it before we go to FL. Why did he wait so long to even mention this?

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Ginny y Michele- Will give that a try got bananas y apples still 🍎 lots of honey 🍯.

Machka- reminds me of Tostito cheese dips .I’ve never tried cheese wiz. Dip sounds good idea too along with my potatoes. Read can go in potatoe or cheese y broccoli soups but not sure. This is new territory!

Amber Tx

Learned chocolate 🍫 does not help it. In case anyone wondering. Yuck 🤢 sour cream y chocolate taste.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    B)