WLS support and inspirational information

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• angelintx
    angelintx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Just checking in... I am logging my food on the BodyMedia site so I'm not here much. I didn't want to just disappear never to be heard from again...
    You are sorely missed!!! I hope you continue to check in with us since you've been a huge inspiration for me and I've received so much great advice from you!! HUGS!
    :flowerforyou:
  • angelintx
    Options
    :flowerforyou: ~ SELF KNOWLEDGE ~:flowerforyou:
    :~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:
    We're our own dragons as well as our own
    heroes and we have to rescue ourselves
    from ourselves. by Tom Robbins
    :~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:
    So true!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Weight Loss Surgery Support:
    Daily Inspiration for February 19, 2011
    Katie Jay, MSW

Nurture happiness.

Do you want something so badly you've become obsessed? Do you desire some object or goal so much that you've forgotten to enjoy the wonderful things you already have? What if, when you finally obtain that object or reach that goal, it is not all that you imagined?

It's time to develop the belief that you already have all you need to be happy. You are blessed with many things you refuse to see. You only focus on what you do not possess. Until you are satisfied with what you have, and with who you are, achieving goals will bring only empty victory. Happiness begins now, not someday.

Action for the day: What goals are you obsessing about, thinking you'll be happy only when you achieve them? How can you find more happiness in today? Do something today that nurtures happiness in the present moment.

© 2009, Katie Jay. All rights reserved.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Daily Inspiration for February 20, 2011
    Katie Jay, MSW

Keep it green.

There are two good reasons to keep memories of your former self fresh and green. The first reason is so that you do not repeat past mistakes. Your new self does not want to give up and go back to past behavior. The other reason to keep your past
    fresh in your mind is for encouragement when you are feeling you don't look any different or you aren't where you want to be.

When you look back, you can see the difference. Remember how ill you were and how much better you feel now. Although you may want to forget the pain of your obesity, the remembrance of your old self is a valuable tool for success.

Action for the day: Meditate on how you used to live your life before surgery. Close your eyes and imagine how you used to climb the stairs or how it used to feel squeezing into a chair or booth. Keep your memory green.

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello

Do any of you eat Quinoa? If so where do you find it in the stores? By noodles and rice? I know I have seen it and now that I am looking for it, I can't find it. I still have to hit the larger stores. The knock off or discount groceries do not carry it.

Also if you eat Quinoa, do you have any good receipes for it? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Have a wonderful day all!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Daily Inspiration for February 22, 2011
    Katie Jay, MSW

Respect your triggers.

Maybe you let your son buy chips at the store yesterday. Or you have eaten at restaurants more often lately. Did you offer to bake something to bring to a party--something you know will trigger food cravings in you? Once on the road to recovery, you may feel that you can handle more temptations. Sometimes you can. And sometimes allowing your food triggers to creep back into your life is a recipe for disaster.

Your triggers are a part of you and must be acknowledged and respected. Obesity is a deadly disease, and you have it, whether you are thin or heavy. It's time to gently tell yourself, "No." There are some foods you just can't be around safely. Staying away from a trigger food is a one-day-at-a-time challenge. But you can do it.

Action for the day: Make an honest list of your trigger foods. Are any of them in your house? Ask a friend to help you get rid of them now. It will never get any easier. Not even after you've gained 10 pounds. So do it now.

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Do any of you eat Quinoa? If so where do you find it in the stores?
    I have it sometimes. I put it in my protein bar recipe or I eat it as a starch instead of rice

It's usually by the couscous which is usually near the rice and pasta. But some stores might put it in the "ethnic" food section.

I think how easy it will be to get depends on where you live.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Do any of you eat Quinoa? If so where do you find it in the stores?
    I have it sometimes. I put it in my protein bar recipe or I eat it as a starch instead of rice

It's usually by the couscous which is usually near the rice and pasta. But some stores might put it in the "ethnic" food section.

I think how easy it will be to get depends on where you live.

ok, I know I have seen. I heard it is high in protien, so I want to try it. They say it is better than couscous. I have never tried either. So I am just experimenting. Thanks.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Molly make sure you rinse it. It is very bitter if you don't. I've used it just like rice I sauté it with some onion and garlic in olive oil then add chicken broth. It's good but I rarely eat it since I avoid grains in general. Most big stores have it like Smith's /Kroger, Wal-mart, and of course the health food stores but usually more expensive there. Try the health food section if you can't find it with the pasta and such.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Welcome Angela!:flowerforyou:
  • angelintx
    Options
    Action for the day: Make an honest list of your trigger foods. Are any of them in your house? Ask a friend to help you get rid of them now. It will never get any easier. Not even after you've gained 10 pounds. So do it now.

My husband is notorious for going shopping without me and buying my trigger foods. I am happy to say though, that even though he bought a 36-ct. bag of my favorite bags of chips, I have avoided them like the plague!!! I am starting to look at certain foods and treat them as though they are POISON to me and my new way of taking care of myself. That is helping me avoid the trigger foods. Also, ice cream has always been a huge problem in my life. When I get the urge, I will stop at McDonald's and get their vanilla cone. It is reduced fat, and just enough to satisfy that craving in me, and it's only 150 cals. When it's gone, it's gone so there is no tub in my freezer calling back for me!! :wink:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Angel I like the little bitty Starbucks mocha chip ice creams (I get them at Fresh & Easy but they are available at other stores) they are like one scoop and about 100 cals and a taste to die for. Like you said it's perfect because it is one serving and it's gone. I haven't craved one in a while since I do not do ice cream well but when I do they are perfect.
  • angelintx
    Options
    Angel I like the little bitty Starbucks mocha chip ice creams (I get them at Fresh & Easy but they are available at other stores) they are like one scoop and about 100 cals and a taste to die for. Like you said it's perfect because it is one serving and it's gone. I haven't craved one in a while since I do not do ice cream well but when I do they are perfect.
    Ooooh thanks for the tip! I'll be on the lookout for that at stores. Oh wait -- there may be a problem -- there is more than one in the package, right? LOL I'm just saying, I don't WANT to grab a second one (or God forbid a third :noway: ), but it's entirely possible. :blushing:
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Starting to think I need another fill already - one every 2 weeks?? crap, and how expensive is that!! £125 a pop I pay for mine so I cant afford to keep having fills every fortnight. 13lbs down though, so not bad.

I'm hoping to avoid another fill until mid April when I get back from Canada - but nmot sure if I can risk having a loose-ish band till then.

6cc/10cc.
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Hey all !!!! I had the Lap band done 3 months ago !! Lost 68 pounds post op
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That is bloody fantastic! well done
  • Mary_Burris
    Options
    I had Lapband on 03/30/2009 I have been on this site for a while now and Just saw this thread! woohoo! :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Wow welcome to all the newbies!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Angel they are individuals they look like mini pints and they have their own little plastic spoon too for little enjoyable bites :laugh: They come in several flavors but the Starbuck's mocha chip is my fav if I am in dire need it solves several cravings- chocolate, coffee, and ice cream.:happy:
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    how are you all??? I was wondering if anyone heard of food combining??? I heard of alot of people doing this to help them in their weightloss! yes even ppl with WLS! basically its not eating starch with protiens, something about the way they digest and it is actually friendly on our digestive track...
  • ColemanM
    Options
    Hi All! I'm fairly new to this site, but really excited to see this thread! I had the realize band placed in June 2009 and am down 130+ pounds now. I lost my first 100 in the first year, and things have surely slowed down, but so has my drive and motivation to stick to the bandster diet plan. It is not an easy thing to do, but I am working on getting back on track and back to losing! This ought to be a great way to stay engaged with people who can relate!

~Mindi