Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Do you keep your pantry foods in a bottom cabinet? Because if the boxes are easily accessible this will probably keep happening.

@Faebert I'm glad you were able to get your run in. It's supposed to pour all day here. But it's nice and cool so we have the windows open and a fan on. No AC today.

@SERmom3 I'm glad that your song went well! Our wedding was super small like that. But it was also perfect. Lol

@littleblackskirt People are so gross! I can't believe they did that! I hope you charged them extra!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Can anyone suggest a reasonable punishment for this? (Marley and Casey)

Because I honestly just don't know anymore. They've defeated me.

Thats a family size cornflakes, 1/2 box of shreddies, a full box of ReadyBrek (porridge oats finely milled) and FORTYEIGHT weetabix.

Make them clear it up like Snowflake suggested?

Store the cereals on a really high shelf in future?

Sorry, not much help! I think you need to consider *why* they're doing this. Are they trying to get your attention?Do they need more guided play? Going outside? Are they being left to their own devices too much? As someone said earlier, small children can't be trusted alone. Some things to think about anyway.

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Today I will:
    - up by 9 😁
    - post 😁
    - continue working on legal stuff 😁Got most of it done but realized that I used the wrong email address on all of the pages so I have to go back and fix that.
    - download plugins 😔
    - 50 word challenge📚688! Not much but it was mostly hysterical dialogue. And I finished a really long chapter.
    - peddle for 1 hr 😁I realized that I was probably logging out wrong because it's more of a recumbent bike than an actually stepper. So I logged it that way and burned a bunch more calories!
    - go through email 😁
    - find/read 2 blogs about ConvertKit 😔
    - work on next week's to do list😔
    - food shopping😁
    - Walmart😁
    - liquor store😁
    - Walgreens😔
    - brainstorm freebies(check competitors sites)😐Kind of? I got an idea or two in my brain.

I went food shopping early in the morning yesterday and by the time I got home I was completely wiped out so I ended up laying down and slept for an hour and a half. Then I spent most of the rest of the day working on more legal stuff for my blog but it's almost done! I should be able to finish it all up today and then not have to worry about it again! It's just a major headache because of a new privacy law passed in California and one in the EU. So I have to do all this extra stuff. Matt closes his store tonight so I have some time to myself again. I'll probably try to get the rest of the training videos done then.
    Um... I'm learning the ins and outs of Pinterest too. Lol. Because apparently Pinterest is a blogger's best friend. But once this legal stuff is done I'll have a lot more time to focus on other things for it. The set up is just a pain in the *kitten*.

Okay, enough complaining. Onto same goals.

Today I will:
    - up at 9😁
    - post 😁
    Blog stuff
    - finish legal courses
    - add links
    - download required plugins
    - edit email addresses
    - read a blog about ConvertKit
    Other stuff
    - create to do list for next week
    - enjoy my yummy steak for dinner!
    - peddle for 1 hour
    - 50 word challenge

Okay, I think that's good for today!
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sunday goals
    Last two days I’ve been possessed by the pizza,beer and m&ms virus that has somehow wrapped itself in the joy response part of my brain... back to business today...maybe

Goals
    Stay green
    1 hr workout
    Grocery shop
    Pay bills
    Fix daughters phone or go to Verizon ( not excited)
    50 pull ups (not all st same time 🤣)
    100 push-ups ups (same)
    Beer not to exceed 2 and only if stay in caloric range
    Fruit and vegetables for snacks
    No m&ms (especially if I have beer)
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

@littleblackskirt People are so gross! I can't believe they did that! I hope you charged them extra!

Unfortunately it's not easy to charge for damages. Everyone thinks what they've broken isn't much, but the costs add up for me. I only try to charge if it's really bad (like the time the teenagers carved their initials in my lovely old dressing table! Even then, their parents didn't believe me until I told them which letters had been carved!)

This year some of the guests have had to cancel their foreign holidays, so my place is second choice, and I think that attitude is showing in how they treat it.

Great idea to get on Pinterest, I often browse on there, so many lovely things to look at, love all the decorating stuff :)

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    @bex953172 - I think the only thing that’s going to stop it is to stay with them. They are quite young to be trusted alone yet.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.
    Feeling like a right €rappy parent atm.
    That was maybe one hour at the most alone?

Thing is I've always been able to leave them for short bursts like that, always.

I just dont get why they're doing it now?

I'll try switch out some activities for new ones. Incase they're getting bored?

I dunno, all I know is that I'm just exhausted from it
  • littleblackskirt
    Options
    @Bex953172 , I'm not saying this to make you feel like a crappy parent, honestly, but I think an hour is too long to leave small kids alone. I can't leave our 18 month old alone for 2 minutes or he's up to something he shouldn't be! I know yours are a little older, but not old enough to be trusted for long.

Another thought, again I'm only looking at it as an outsider. I see you have a dog in the photo, does the dog stay with the kids when they're alone? Children can quite inadvertently hurt a dog when playing, and the dog can react aggressively. We have 2 really soft friendly dogs, but I still watch our lad if he's playing with them just in case.

Hope you have an uneventful evening!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 , I'm not saying this to make you feel like a crappy parent, honestly, but I think an hour is too long to leave small kids alone. I can't leave our 18 month old alone for 2 minutes or he's up to something he shouldn't be! I know yours are a little older, but not old enough to be trusted for long.

Another thought, again I'm only looking at it as an outsider. I see you have a dog in the photo, does the dog stay with the kids when they're alone? Children can quite inadvertently hurt a dog when playing, and the dog can react aggressively. We have 2 really soft friendly dogs, but I still watch our lad if he's playing with them just in case.

Hope you have an uneventful evening!

Do you know what, youre all completely right. It is too long.
    Me and Ash had a talk and realised its just because weve not been as available as normal to them. We were both feeling very down about stuff but fortunately we've noticed it too and have discussed to find a way back.

No the dog doesn't stay with them. He's always around them when I'm about, theyre pretty good with him (but like you say I don't trust anything alone)
    Hes allowed to roam the hall and upstairs when im not with them. Only because when they play he gets excited too but he's too big for them.

Least i thought of that lmao! But not moving the cereal after the first time?

Thank you all guys
    Really needed a wake up call!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a reasonable punishment for this? (Marley and Casey)

I've been absent for the past week... and just got on today and saw this Bex!! OMG ... I would be in tears!!!
    Like the others had suggested, when my kids were small.. even older than yours, I could never leave them alone for very long. When they were the ages of your kids .. I always got suspicious if things got quiet. So even if I was in the kitchen, and they would be downstairs, I always had to go and check on them.
    You are NOT a bad parent ... these are just little kids, testing and having fun (well, to them this was fun!).
    Hang in there .. you are a great parent. But I can hear your frustration. Take it easy on yourself. When they are playing, can you just find a good book so you have some time to yourself, yet keep an eye on them?

@Faebert == I see you are back! We missed you .. so happy to see you back posting.

I have not posted I think for a week. Its been a stressful, yet very busy week. But we are all doing OK. We bought our daughter a smart TV, hooked her up with Netflix, and hope that will help her to feel more comfortable in her apartment. She comes out EVERY nite, and with the heat and mosquitos, it is so uncomfortable sitting outside, but I know she gets lonely.

My goals for tomorrow will be simple again.
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go for 5 mile walk

• Bex953172
    Options
    @littleblackskirt I just checked that photo again, it took me AGES to find the dog in it hahahah 😅
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳🏖🎡⛱🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡🎍🌳🍄 AUGUST🍄🌳🎍🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳🏖🎡⛱🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind
    with the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜

To all those essential workers
    still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2
      Phew!!! Weight has dropped below 150 again.

August Daily Goals: Week 3
      Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: Tue:
      Wed: Thu: Fri:
      Weight < 150: 2/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

10 Aug 2020: 149.9
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.9
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.4
      Calories < in the green 🦄 2/7
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 2/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 2/7
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 2/7
      Activities I get to do
      Meditation🌟2/7 Exercise🌟 2/7
      Gardening🌟0/7 Declutter🦄2/7
      Laundry🌟2/7 Circuits🌟2/7
      Shopping 🌟1/7
      Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄0/7
      Update Journal🦄2/7
      Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)0/7
      Crochet🦄 1/7 Puzzles 🦄2/7
      Watch TV🦄2/7
    • Snowflake1968
      Options
      @Bex953172 - don’t feel bad at all! All parents learn what works and what doesn’t for their family. This is just a lesson.
      We rented the whole time my girls were young and when they were young like your girls Rodger drove truck. I waitressed and worked a lot of evening. I would be getting to bed anywhere between 1-2 and Lauryn would wake up at 6! It was awful!

My girls made a skating rink on the bathroom floor by using the jumbo bottle of baby shampoo. It took about 4 time’s through the washer (That was coin operated) with no soap to get all the shampoo out of the towels I used to sop it all up. The floor was slippery for weeks!

The other most memorable one, Lauryn did alone. Kaitlyn was still in a crib. She watched me use Carpet Fresh on the carpet. The next morning I woke up to an awful smell, turns out she had used the large can of Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on the carpet like I had with the carpet fresh. I vacuumed it up and ended up throwing the vacuum out because I couldn’t get the smell out, then I had professionals come twice to clean the carpet before I could get it out.

Don’t let any more “experienced” parents tell you their kid didn’t get into something because I don’t think there is a perfect parent or child.

• Snowflake1968
      Options
      I didn’t log or post girls yesterday or today because I knew I would not be following anything. I did have water both days, but I also had chips, chips and more chips. As a matter of fact Michaela has been sitting here feeding me chips. She was trying to train me like a dog. She’s 4 I don’t know where she gets these things.

These are some pics from last night. They stayed up way past bedtime and had glow sticks and S’mores.

w6bmivtobvc3.jpeg

ok2edor6i3a5.jpeg

i1rn4hpa3hb0.jpeg
    • clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      Options
      JFT Monday
      1. AM: Therapy exercises - crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Walk? MH Monday check-in. GET COMPUTERS RIGHT AWAY.
      2. 1st class: Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth.
      3. 2nd-3rd classes: Review papers by desk. File or trash. Meetings. Work on CV. Create guided notes for definitions for unit 1 literary terms.
      4. Lunch: tikka masala. Finish Asher Lev.
      5. Planning: Set up extra credit letter project. Send syllabus and course info to parents. Print syllabus; email to Judy. Get white thread and reinforce mask wire.
      6. Write a letter. Dinner: leftovers. Breathe.
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
      8. Color! 1 hr reading. Message Z. NEED TO PICK UP REFILL.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Tough Question Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? What are some tasks that could be completed by CBBVI students? MONDAY: STUDENTS JOIN CLASSROOM, GOODREADS, AND NOREDINK ON PHONE. Set up binders instead of portfolios.

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      End of 2018: 189.2
      End of 2019: 196.4
      End of January: 194.6
      End of February: 196.2
      End of March: 193.8
      End of April: 192.6
      End of May: 191.8
      End of June: 192.2
      End of July: 188.6
      Today: 187.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
      1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
      7. Theater: ???
      8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
      12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic.
      13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress.
    • ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      Options
      Saturday

Sorry, I failed to post yesterday. I’m still struggling to get into a routine. I’ll have to guess tonight’s meal as we’re having takeout curry from the local restaurant.

Log 😊
      Stay in the green :)
      5 fruit and veg :)
      Water :)
      Fitbit exercise goals :)

Sunday I failed to post and was in the red >:)
    • ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      Options
      Monday 17 August

I lost 1.5 lbs over the last 7 days thanks to a better commitment to my goals :)

Log
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goal
    • Faebert
      Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
      Options
      Morning all. Very pleased to have ended yesterday in the green. Was so tempted to snack and go over but I fought that sabotaging voice within last night. Wasn’t in the green by much but it felt like a victory!

Hi 👋 @mytime6630 - good to be back. Hope things are ok with your daughter, have thought of you often.

@cschmitz110515 - lovely pictures and you and hubby look great.

@Snowflake1968 - the grands look so grown-up!! Lovely to see you all enjoying yourselves.

@Bex953172 - no words of advice, just loads of sympathy. I remember once my oldest ‘posted’ two credit cards and a travelcard with £60 on it through the teeniest gap between two floorboards. But I think @snowflake1968 wins the prize with the Parmesan carpet story. Sorry but that had me in hysterics!!

Busy day today but I have my run done and dusted. Hope all are well and catch up later xx

Sunday goals recap:
      morning workout ✅
      Couch 2 5K with kids ✅
      Ask J to confirm passport pic for P ✅
      Paperwork ❌
      Mortgage!❌
      Home for shopping delivery 6-7✅
      Stay within calorie goal ✅
      Bed by 10:30 ✅

Monday goals:
      morning run ✅ 10K
      School uniform appointment 11:10
      School shoe shop appointment 12:30
      Post office for expired passports and package for B
      Contact windows guy and roof guy
      Check re life insurance
      Send off mortgage stuff
      Stay within calorie goal
      Bed by 10:30
    • Faebert
      Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
      Options
      Monday 17 August

I lost 1.5 lbs over the last 7 days thanks to a better commitment to my goals :)

Log
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goal

Well done @ZizzyBumble! Am also getting back on track. Sometimes we just need the reminder that when we stick to the programme it works! Thanks for the Monday morning boost - happy for you x