Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Struggling really hard with taking care of myself and being an essential worker. I am working crazy hours and do not have gym or pool access because of the pandemic. I also somehow injured my hip, so I am in pain and not sleeping well. Time to start setting tiny goals again!

Wednesday:
    1. 8 C water
    2. 5 servings freggies
    3. gentle walk on at least one work break
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 yes its the middle one lol. Marley, she's 4, just like your Michaela!
    She sounds so so sweet what a lovely conversation.
    Meanwhile mine is just... being a nutter.

Me and Ash have started to notice that she doesn't even understand what we're saying to her? Like at all.
    He sat down quietly and calmly with her and we explained to her what she did was naughty and more importantly why it was naughty and then why we got upset by it. (Small easy sentences though)

And her response was "we have a dog too."

Completely irrelevant.Me and Ash just looked at eachother confused. We explained a couple more times and i think she got it?

So were gonna take her doctors at some point to see if she has any problems with her ears, not that I think anything will be wrong but just to rule anything out.

And failing that I forgot she has speech therapy. So maybe its not just that she can't word what she means but that she doesn't understand others either?
    But it all got on hold due to covid like everything else.

I'll ring the speech therapist tomorrow and see if they know when they can start appointments again. They did say they could do a Skype conference but I know marley and she won't engage and just laugh her butt off the whole time. Soon as she knows she on camera she goes in a fit of giggles.

I dunno, im feeling much better and determined to sort it rather than give in lol! Got to remember im the adult haha
  • Bex953172
    Options
    🍑The Peachy Bum Challenge 🍑

Day: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

🍑 🍑 🍑 💤 🍑 🤢 🍑 🍑

______

Its a rest day tomorrow! I'm not gonna catch up with the missed day, because i didn't miss it I just did it the next day. So really I'm only a day behind but still progressing normally on the app.

One more thing.. i have a mat for my exercising that I put on the laminate flooring. But when I'm laying on it, especially on my side I can really feel my hips digging in on the floor and its not comfortable at all? Is that normal and people just deal with it or do I need a thicker mat? Or put it on carpet?
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I think If they are only offering Skype type therapy it might be well worth it. The therapist probably has ways of directing the child, she wouldn’t be the first that likes to see herself on camera.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,109 Member
    Options
    🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳🏖🎡⛱🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡🎍🌳🍄 AUGUST🍄🌳🎍🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳🏖🎡⛱🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind
    with the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜

To all those essential workers
    still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2
      Phew!!! Weight has dropped below 150 again.

August Daily Goals: Week 3
      Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅
      Wed: ✅ Thu: Fri:
      Weight < 150: 5/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

10 Aug 2020: 149.9
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.9
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.4
      Calories < in the green 🦄 5/7
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 5/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 5/7
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 5/7
      Activities I get to do
      Meditation🌟5/7 Exercise🌟 5/7
      Gardening: 0/7 Declutter🦄4/7 (fridge)
      Laundry🌟4/7 Circuits🌟4/7
      Shopping 🌟2/7 (grocery shopping very early this morning)
      Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄2/7
      Update Journal🦄2/7
      Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)0/7
      Crochet🦄 2/7 Puzzles 🦄5/7
      Watch TV🦄5/7; Read 3/7

Active rest day after shopping trip, putting away all the groceries, shelling the peas I bought, and decluttering the fridge.

• ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      Options
      Wednesday 19 August

As it’s late afternoon I’m somewhat slow to post my goals for today but they’re the same as usual!

Log :)
      Stay in the green :)
      5 fruit and veg :)
      Water :)
      Fitbit exercise goals :) it’s a lovely warm and sunny day with enough breeze to scare the midges away so I’ve done a 5 mile walk.

• littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
      Options

@Snowflake1968 the psychopath Grandma, love it :)

@littleblackskirt - I hope you have a better day today? What causes the exhaustion do you know?

I'm not sure what causes it, but back in late February all the family except one had a virus, and since then I've had days of exhaustion and breathlessness. It's weird, I'm actually puffing like I'm out of breath. It was when I was packing to move house, sometimes I would have to lie down for a rest. Unlikely to have been Covid 19 in February but definitely unpleasant. The bad days are getting less and less though, I was surprised to have it again this week.

JFT Wednesday 19th August

Log everything yes
      Stay in the green yes
      Back exercises no
      Foot exercises yes
      5 fruit and veg only 3
      Walk 38 minutes into town
      Gardening a little bit
      Banking/parents banking just parents
      Mow lawn if dry? Last chance this week, storm coming yes

Only did about 15/20 minutes gentle gardening, but managed to somehow hurt my back again, really annoyed! And then I cut the grass, managed by stopping every 10 minutes to get my breath back. So pretty sore this morning, and desperate to get my back moving before Saturday.

JFT Thursday 20th August

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Back exercises
      Foot exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      My banking
      Load car
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      Options
      WEDNESDAY:
      - eat sensibly 🔴
      - Product reviews🟢
      - E- activity at 3:00🟢
      - Library appointment🟢
      - Indoor and outdoor chores🟢🟢

I need to get out of the kitchen today. Ive been eating way too much! I occasionally get sent random products to write reviews on. This latest batch was all bakeware including a brownie pan that has dividers in it. I found it tricky to use so I kept trying to see if it was my technique or just a faulty pan. Anyway, over the past several days, I’ve made brownies, 2 batches of banana bread and lemon squares. I’ve sampled way too much lately. I need to be outside and busy today so I’m less tempted by the kitchen.

JFT THURSDAY:
      - Set up zoom for oldest
      - Eat sensibly
      - Quick grocery shop
      - Indoor/outdoor chores
      - clean out car
      - Budget
      - Deep clean bedroom
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
      Options

JFT Wednesday
      - Log ❌
      - Exercise❌

JFT
      - Log
      - Ride

• cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
      Options
      Recap W 8/19 ~ work in office day
      1) Walk dog before work :smiley: 3.69 miles happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 14/14 boom!
      3) Net cals green / 14c water :( red & 12c
      4) GA-IT progress / conf call Myron / update F&Ds for walk-thrus / webinar 10-12 (pace) / save G drive records to flash / print updated records for home :smiley: really pleased w/ GA-IT progress & almost done w/ minimum CPEs req'd for year
      5) At least 1 chore :smiley: dishes pile done plus drained 3 gallon jugs from rain barrels
      6) Unplug 9:00 :| / floss / retainers :s / eye drops :) / set 6:30 alarm (walk dog before work at home) :)

JFT R 8/20 ~ work at home day
      1) Walk dog before work :smiley: 4.22 miles happy dog & happy me
      2) Enjoy hubby time instead of working (he leaves at 2:00 anyway)
      3) Move hourly / stairs breaks (basement to 2nd floor)
      4) Net cals green / 14c water
      5) Save flash to PC / GA-IT progress (nearing the home stretch) / remember daily update email (req'd for work from home by employer)
      6) Laundry (1 load hung, other in washer) / call mom & dad / download pics from wedding / email LTC proposal to Mike for review / at least 1 more chore
      7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / eye drops / set 6:30 alarm (walk dog before work at home)

Two more work days, then hubby and I are on vacation. Travel plans we made are scrapped and we will mostly stay at home but definitely looking forward to no work during the upcoming week.

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace"
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      Options

Onto some goals!
      Today I will:
      - post😁
      - work in next post😁
      - read blog about ConvertKit😁
      - read blog about newsletters😁
      - write my first welcome email😁It was very bad and only a draft but it's still something. Lol.
      - Home Depot for garbage can 😔
      - cook dinner😔 Matt wanted take out... I got chicken strips and cheese fries but I did log everything and stayed green thanks to exercise calories. Lol
      - peddle for 1 hour 😁
      - 50 word challenge 📚

Had a really good day yesterday! I found some really good articles I needed for newsletters and things. Now I just need to get some subscribers. Lol.

A(bff1) had been quiet for a few weeks dealing with her own stresses but things are starting to even out for her finally. So she was in our group chat a lot yesterday. It was really nice to be able to chat with her again. A, T(bff2), and I kept distracting each other from our work. Lol. It was great! Lol.

Okay, only some goals!
      Today I will:
      - up at 8😁But laid back down for an hour at 9:30
      - post😁
      - finish/publish blog 😁
      - create 3 Pinterest pins
      - Home Depot for garbage can
      - peddle for 1 hour
      - cook dinner 🍽️
      - 50 word challenge
    • Faebert
      Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
      Options
      Late posting this today. Late with everything actually. Intended to work our first thing. But then had a three hour (yes, 3!!) phonecall to contend with. Long story. Needed another coffee after that and was hungry for breakfast/lunch?? Made myself some yoghurt and fruit and called it brunch. By then time I’d had that it was time to make the kids lunch. I’m very proud of myself because once they were sat and eating and I had completely digested my meal I did the workout!! 1.5 hours exercise - victory snatched from the jaws of defeat!!

Anyway, scrabbling to catch up on the rest of the day but here’s my quick update before I head out with the kids for our couch to 5K run. Clean sweep again of goals yesterday. Think today might be a stretch!!

Wednesday goals recap:
      morning run ✅ 10K
      E here for play date from 11 ✅
      Make pizza with the kids ✅
      Call insurance company ✅
      Pay alarm company/ check re battery ✅
      Order name labels for kids’ uniform ✅
      Put away laundry ✅
      Stay within calorie goal ✅
      Bed by 10:30 ✅

Thursday goals:
      morning workout ✅
      Online shopping for kids uniform staples and P shoes
      Chase windows guy ✅
      Visit TTS ✅
      Couch to 5K with kids
      Make list of house and garden jobs
      Stay within calorie goal
      Bed by 10:30
    • Snowflake1968
      Options
      JFT - Wednesday August 19
      1L of water - :)
      Log all Food - :)
      No chips - :)
      Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Thursday August 20
      1L of Water
      Log all Food
      No Chips
      Gratitude Journal

@littleblackskirt - It very well could have been Covid-19 in February. The first case here in Canada was actually in January. The first one in the states was also January. I watched a very interesting documentary showing the timelines of this and it was actually suspected to be a problem in December. I hope it's not, but maybe a test would tell you.

I am at work today and really don't want to be here. It's not the actual work, it's the atmosphere that makes it difficult. You can almost feel the tension in the air.

Some excitement this morning though as a bat flew in through the door and came into the dining room while the residents were eating breakfast. I shut my door and was quite safe from it. Our maintenance man came to take care of it singing the Batman tune. For a girl that grew up in the country I can't stand creepy crawlies or flying things.

• Bex953172
      Options
      JFT - Wednesday August 19
      1L of water - :)
      Log all Food - :)
      No chips - :)
      Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Thursday August 20
      1L of Water
      Log all Food
      No Chips
      Gratitude Journal

@littleblackskirt - It very well could have been Covid-19 in February. The first case here in Canada was actually in January. The first one in the states was also January. I watched a very interesting documentary showing the timelines of this and it was actually suspected to be a problem in December. I hope it's not, but maybe a test would tell you.

I am at work today and really don't want to be here. It's not the actual work, it's the atmosphere that makes it difficult. You can almost feel the tension in the air.

Some excitement this morning though as a bat flew in through the door and came into the dining room while the residents were eating breakfast. I shut my door and was quite safe from it. Our maintenance man came to take care of it singing the Batman tune. For a girl that grew up in the country I can't stand creepy crawlies or flying things.

I love bats lol!!
      Have you seen them massive human sized ones lmao?
      Fox bats maybe I think theyre called? Can't remember what countries they reside in though lol!

Here at one of our zoos, Chester Zoo, they have a bat house. And its awesome lol, big dark room, lots of bats, it stinks like hell but theyre all free flying and fly right near your head! I love it!

But they also have a butterfly house. I literally stepped one foot in and ran back out in floods of tears haha ash said one second I was there then I was gone!!

He went through it,said it was good and they landed on him and stuff haha.
    • Snowflake1968
      Options
      @Bex953172 - No! I couldn't do it. It's funny though because I could do the butterflies no problem.

• azulvioleta6
      Options
      Struggling really hard with taking care of myself and being an essential worker. I am working crazy hours and do not have gym or pool access because of the pandemic. I also somehow injured my hip, so I am in pain and not sleeping well. Time to start setting tiny goals again!

Wednesday:
      1. 8 C water :( 6...need more water and less coffee!
      2. 5 servings freggies :)
      3. gentle walk on at least one work break :)

Tiny goals for Thursday:
      1. 8C water
      2. 5 servings freggies
      3. leave the house at least once
    • TerriRichardson112
      Options
      🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳🏖🎡⛱🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾
      🏖🎡🎍🌳🍄 AUGUST🍄🌳🎍🎡⛱
      🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳🏖🎡⛱🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾
      💜💜💜
      I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs
      and feed my mind
      with the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜

To all those essential workers
      still going out there....
      🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
      Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
        [*] structuring my day
        [*] morning and evening meditation
        [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
        [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
        [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
        [*] yoga/Taichi
        [*] Walks with DH
        [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
        [*] Decluttering
        [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
        Keep your chin up!
        Turning up is the ultimate success!
        2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
        01 Aug 2019: 170.1
        31 Dec 2019: 151.2
        Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
        2020 Personal Weight Challenge
        Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
        GW: 150

Jan: - 2
        Feb: - 1.3
        Mar: - 0.9
        Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
        May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
        Jun: +0.2
        Phew!!! Weight has dropped below 150 again.

August Daily Goals: Week 3
        Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅
        Wed: ✅ Thu: Fri:
        Weight < 150: 6/7
        1 Aug 2019: 170.1
        1 Aug 2020: 149.9

10 Aug 2020: 149.9
        Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.9
        Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.4
        Calories < in the green 🦄 6/7
        Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 5/7
        Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 6/7
        Active hours > 6 daily🦄 6/7
        Activities I get to do
        Meditation🌟6/7 Exercise🌟 6/7
        Gardening: 0/7 Declutter🦄4/7 (fridge)
        Laundry🌟4/7 Circuits🌟6/7
        Shopping 🌟2/7 (grocery shopping very early this morning)
        Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄2/7
        Update Journal🦄2/7
        Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)0/7
        Crochet🦄 2/7 Puzzles 🦄6/7
        Watch TV🦄6/7; Read 4/7

We have had stormy weather most of the day, and torrential rain most of this evening. No danger of flooding for us, but some places are having a bad time of it.

• TerriRichardson112
        Options
        @littleblackskirt I was thinking the same as Tracey re your virus. Coviid was about the Americas much earlier than February, but wasn't being admitted by the authorities. And many victims are suffering recurrrent problems similar to what you have described. It wouldn't hurt to have a test done.
      • azulvioleta6
        Options
        I caught up on thread reading!

Apparently I am the only one who does not like McDonald's fries. Cshmidts, I love that blue color--lovely dress! Joan, you are doing an amazing job of taking care of everybody and trying to keep both your daughter and husband safe--avoiding the dentist when you have a broken tooth is hardcore! Certain little girls need to learn how to sweep up their own messes--they are big enough for some small chores. I've also done some Dave Ramsey stuff as I am considering buying a house this fall.

My mother, who is a retired physician, was warning me about COVID back in December. It was definitely in the US earlier than February, at least here on the west coast.

My hip is back to being full-on painful and I cannot sleep, so I am enjoying the cool night and a gentle rain. It is a nice change after many days of near 100-degree heat.
      • Faebert
        Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
        Options
        Morning all, happy Friday. I had the worst night’s sleep last night. Up every hour it seemed. I just about managed my run this morning although it was very blustery as we have a storm coming later today. Bits and bobs to do today, feels like the end of the summer holidays is now approaching at a terrifying speed!

Be back on later to catch up with you all. X

Thursday goals recap:
        morning workout ✅
        Online shopping for kids uniform staples and P shoes ✅
        Chase windows guy ✅
        Visit TTS ✅
        Couch to 5K with kids✅
        Make list of house and garden jobs✅
        Stay within calorie goal ✅
        Bed by 10:30✅

Friday goals:
        morning run ✅ 11k