Options

Okay, onto some goals.

Today I will:
    - post 😁
    - take my antibiotics 😁
    - write at least one blog post😁
    - make 3 Pinterest pins😥
    - listen to course and use bookmarks😁
    - figure out dinner😐Big bowl of pasta with butter. My ultimate comfort food.
    - 50 word challenge (I MUST do this!!)😁

I finally got a blog post written! It felt good. It pretty much used up most of my brain power though. I spent the rest of the evening watching baseball and just kind of letting my brain bleed out onto paper.

I talked(wrote actually) in circles and repeated myself but it felt great to just write and get things out of my head. I kept losing focus but that's okay because I always came back to it.

I'm waiting on an email from my work about starting school again in September. Once I'm back in the classroom my mindset and mental health will improve so much! Even if I do have to get up at 5am every morning.

Today I will:
    - post 😁
    - take pill 😁
    - create 3 pins
    - listen and bookmark more of the course
    - 50 word challenge
    - Healthy dinner

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB so good to see you! Biggest of hugs to you. I went through my own dark times for a few months with lockdown and all the crazy uncertainty. I’m not completely better, but being back and focused on daily manageable goals is helping. Hope it helps you too xx
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY
    1. 8 C water :)
    2. 5 freggies :)
    3. leave the house at least once (it has been...at least a week) :smiley:
    4. walk on one work break :)
    5. pick blackberries after work :( fell asleep after work

THURSDAY
    1. 8 C water
    2. 5 freggies
    3. walk on one work break
    4. pick blackberries after work
    5. Review PT exercises
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - it sure is tough not seeing our kids and grandkids. I have been fortunate that we've had some restrictions lifted so I'm able to again.
    7. Do not spend more than one hour watching the news today. Deep breaths. - I quit watching the news about a month into this because I was finding myself so depressed. I follow our province's and my home province's FB page for any updates regarding Covid and I just bury my head about the rest of the news.

@azulvioleta6 - What are freggies?

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY:
    - eat sensibly🔴
    - Paint desk🟢
    - RSVP to baby shower🟢
    - Indoor / outdoor chores🟢
    - Contact priest about Saturday’s wedding🟢

Heading to the beach today with some friends. I’m a little nervous about the crowds, but my friend was there earlier this week and said it was manageable.

JFT FRIDAY:
    - eat sensibly
    - Chores
    - Pack for beach
    - Figure out dinner
    - Figure out if I’m singing for a wedding tomorrow. 🎶

Hope everyone has a great FRIDAY!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

@littleblackskirt - what are you counting down for with your countdown calendar you have to make?

I will be turning 60 early next year, and wanted to make a countdown to the big day, in the hopes it would encourage me. I am not looking forward to the day!

JFT Thursday 27th August

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises no
    5 fruit and veg 7
    Walk 33 minutes in the rain
    Make dieting calendar nope
    Weekly shop yes
    Admin, it's piling up yes, took ages as laptop froze for several hours

JFT Friday 28th August

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Walk, post letter
    Sew duvet and load car

I've already spent an hour on the phone regarding business, and about to go and visit mum for an another hour or more. Then some time on the phone to dad, it's so easy for the day to just disappear without achieving anything! I don't know how I used to work full time and manage to get everything done, I can really stretch it out nowadays!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡💕💕💖 AUGUST💕💖💕🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    💜💜💜
    Isn't it funny how time disappears.
    I've been watching the first series of FORT SALEM
    Still sticking with my goals. Consolidating my new normal.
    Nothing strange or startling to relate.
    Just taking it day by day, step by step.

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together
    (Vincent Van Gogh)

💜💜💜
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2

August Daily Goals: Week 4
      Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅
      Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri:
      Weight < 155: 6/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

10 Aug 2020: 149.9
      23 Aug 2020: 150.1
      27 Aug 2020: 148.2 😍 Not getting too excited about this until I see what tomorrow brings.
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7 (another small drop today 😀)
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.5 (and a small increase here 😀)
      It's so encouraging to see even these small improvements that my efforts are producing.)
      Calories < in the green 🦄 6/7
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 6/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 6/7 Essential Shopping and mostly indoor walking as we have storms passing through. Nothing like as bad as the States are getting, but enough to keep us inside.
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 6/7
      Positive intentions for today
      🌟Meditation 6/7 🌟Exercise 6/7
      🌟Gardening: 2/7 🌟Declutter🦄 6/7
      🌟Laundry 5/7 🌟Circuits 6/7
      😜Housework 6/7 🌟Shopping 3/7
      🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄4/7
      🌟Update Journal🦄4/7
      🌟Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)1/7
      🌟Crochet🦄 1/7 🌟Puzzles 🦄 6/7
      🌟Watch TV🦄 6/7 🌟Read 6/7
    • TerriRichardson112
      Options
      @Snowflake1968
      Those are both in the South of Ireland. Both counties are very rural with typical Irish country scenery. We have visited both counties a number of times on holiday. We live north of the border on the coast in County Down, near Belfast. We live in a ranch style villa in a leafy suburb, although we usually rent holiday cottages in the south for our annual holiday with my elder girl and her ‘children’. The granddaughter is. 26, and we have gone on these holidays every summer since she was born until this year, which has not been possible because of Covid.
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
      Options
      Setting goals for today:
      1. log all food -- pizza tonite, so eat lite all day
      2. mow grass
      3. help hubby with work
      4. do laundry
      5. concentrate on 8+ cups water
      6. mindful eating
      7. finish quilt
      8. start on chemo hats
      9. go for long walk

• TerriRichardson112
      Options
      @PackerFanInGB @mytime6630
      Lovely to see you both back again.
    • Snowflake1968
      Options
      JFT - Thursday August 27
      1L of Water - :)
      Log all Food - :) Yes, the good, the bad, the ugly and the really ugly!
      No Chips - :D:D It was treat day at work
      15 minutes of activity - :)
      Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Friday August 28
      1L of Water
      Log all Food
      No Chips
      15 Minutes of Activity
      Gratitude Journal

195 on the scale again today, I was expecting a bump up actually as I didn't eat well yesterday and there was a lot of sodium involved. I did drink a lot of water hoping to counteract it so maybe that helped.

@mytime6630 - Great to see you. It's nice to see that your husband is done the radiation and though the hormone shots are not pleasant it is better than the alternative.
      I understand both of your sides with the whole Covid mess. I also work in a nursing home, honestly the way we had been locked down in here the only concern was the staff bringing it in from the outside. There was no way for it to get here without that. The residents up until July 23rd were not allowed any visitors and were not allowed to even go out to a doctors appointment. If there was a new resident admitted they were put on isolation for 14 days. We don't have the cases in Canada that you have in the United States though so it's different I'm sure.
      As for staying away from the News, I had to do that quite early on as I was overwhelmed with all of the Covid talk from work, I didn't need to hear it from other sources too.

@littleblackskirt - Isn't 60 the new 40? :) I have a few years to worry about it, but so far I haven't had any of those milestone birthdays bother me a whole lot.

@TerriRichardson112 - Thanks for the information. Ireland, Scotland and France are my dream trips. I am not interested in the cities, more the countrysides. I have no interest in drinking Guinness, but would love to go sit in a pub some night and listen to the music. My Grandmother's family immigrated from Ireland.

I am so thankful it is Friday, I am looking forward to the weekend. I want to get another year or so of Mom's diaries read. I think I want to write from my childhood to my girls births for them for their Christmas present. I don't know if I'll get it done this year or not, but I'm going to try. I will have to go back and read my Grandmother's diaries from 1968 - 1982. I have my Mom's from 1982 to I think 2013 when she stopped writing.
    • azulvioleta6
      Options

@azulvioleta6 - What are freggies?

Fruits + veggies
    • azulvioleta6
      Options

THURSDAY
      1. 8 C water :)
      2. 5 freggies :)
      3. walk on one work break :)
      4. pick blackberries after work :) picked a half flat...so nice to get out in the fresh air!
      5. Review PT exercises :(

FRIDAY:
      1. 8 C water
      2. 5 freggies
      3. walk on one work break
      4. review PT exercises
      5. do some housecleaning/cooking
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
      Options

I am so thankful it is Friday, I am looking forward to the weekend. I want to get another year or so of Mom's diaries read. I think I want to write from my childhood to my girls births for them for their Christmas present. I don't know if I'll get it done this year or not, but I'm going to try. I will have to go back and read my Grandmother's diaries from 1968 - 1982. I have my Mom's from 1982 to I think 2013 when she stopped writing.

OMG -- this is so nice that you have your mothers diaries to read!~! What a treasure! I used to keep a diary all the time until I got married ... I still have them. I wish so much that I kept it up. Its just fun to go back and read. You have quite a treasure there ... and that would be the most thoughtful, wonderful gift you could give your girls if you can write one for them. Priceless!
    • Faebert
      Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
      Options
      Hi guys. Late check in today as this morning was hectic. Staying on track generally but today might be a struggle to stay in calorie goal. I only had scrambled egg and salmon for brunch and not even half of the toast. But I try not to eat back strength training calories so there really isn’t much wriggle room today!

@mytime6630 it is so nice to see you again and I’m really happy your husband is doing well. It must have been so scary dealing with cancer and Covid at the same time. And you stuck in the middle trying to care for everyone as always. I hope you are looking after yourself. Big hugs.

Thursday goals recap:
      morning run ✅ 10K
      Take L to play date at 10 ✅
      Take P out for coffee/walk and a chat ✅
      Pick up L at 2pm ✅
      Haircuts 2:30pm ✅
      More name labels 😩 ✅ But still more to do!!
      More house stuff 😩 ✅
      Stay within calorie goal ✅
      Bed by 10:30✅

Friday goals:
      morning workout ✅
      Take P to play date at 11 ✅
      Brunch with the girls 11:30 ✅
      Meet L and F after brunch ✅
      Measure balcony ✅
      Measure TV space ✅
      Ring for quotes ✅ (and emailed a couple)
      More name labels 😥
      Stay within calorie goal
      Bed by 10:30
    • Snowflake1968
      Options
      @azulvioleta6 - Ahhh I get it!

@mytime6630 - I have my Mom's diaries, my Maternal Grandmother's which go back to the 20's-30's and up to around 2007. My Dad's that he kept the last few years of his life and my paternal Grandmother's that kept them sporadically through the 70's and 80's.

The book I want to write is from my Maternal Grandmother's and my Mom's. My thought is to use their diaries to write my memory from specific days. I am going to scan in their entries and then write my own.
      As I have been reading my Mom's diaries it has invoked a lot of memories for me. I also have a lot of pictures from the different times so will use those to intersperse throughout. This is why it might take me until next year to get it done!

An example is:
      My Mom wrote that my Dad had taken me out to supper at my favourite pizza place. She wrote it as it was this big happy event when in actuality it was a big momentous night in my life.

I was in Grade 10 and not doing well or enjoying school and had decided that I would quit. My Mother was the "wait til your Father gets home" type so as soon as Dad opened the door that night after work Mom told him I was quitting school. He sat his bucket down, looked at me and said come with me. My thought was "this is where I die". (I may have been a bit dramatic) He took me out for supper, we sat and talked for about 3 hours over pizza and garlic fingers. It was the first time I saw my Dad as a friend, understood something about his life growing up, some of his regrets and what he wished for me. I can still smell that restaurant and feel the atmosphere when I think about that night. It just ended up being a pivotal moment in my Father's and my relationship.

I ended up promising to finish out the year and I did. I didn't return for grade 11 but I did finish grade 10.

I know that my Grandmother will have something about that night in her diary as well, she wrote more about her feelings and lived right next door to us. She was a teacher and school was very important to her. My Mom wrote a synopsis of her day, what she did, who she talked to where Dad was working (he had a full time job, but almost every evening and weekend would go work for anyone that needed something) and what my brother and I were up to that day.

• HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      Options
      Today I will:
      - post 😁
      - take pill 😁
      - create 3 pins😥 Only one
      - listen and bookmark more of the course😁
      - 50 word challenge😁
      - Healthy dinner😥 nuggets, popcorn, and chocolate... I'm gonna be 10 pounds heavier by the time I feel all the way better

Well I'm definitely feeling better. I can swallow with barely any pain. I still have five days left of my antibiotics though. I always finish the course because I'm prone to getting resick if I don't.

I woke up with the worst migraine I've had in years this morning. It was terrible. I thought I was going to throw up it hurt so bad. I took some headache stuff, forced down a cup of coffee, and hid under my blankets for another hour. I was feeling better after that. Thank God for coffee and migraine medication.

Then, of course, Matt nearly gave me a heart attack while I was food shopping. He made a bad joke about having to find a new job and me being me starts freaking out. So that triggers serious anxiety that I'm still dealing with 2 hours later. I'm about ready to kill him.

I'm posting my goals late today so I got some done already.

Today I will:
      - Post😁
      - Aldi😁
      - trash can 😁
      - take pill 😁
      - dishwasher
      - laundry
      - 50 word challenge
      - healthy dinner
      - clean bathroom
      - listen/take notes for course