Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I know you're right re birthdays @TerriRichardson112 , I need to stop being obsessed with getting old lol.

@clicketykeys glad your test was negative.

JFT Monday 31st August

Try to log everything (having lunch at sister-in-law's, so will be guessing)
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Walk
    Pay parents bills
    Start ironing
    Gardening
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to think positively right now. I try not to worry about things that could happen and that are out of my control, but I’m a little nervous about today/this week. Hoping a situation sorts itself out. Sorry to be so cryptic. Lol! Anyone have good coping strategies for things you can’t control?

For today, I need to focus on things that are in my control. Starting with diet. I haven’t been on my game this month. I’m only up a pound, but I’m feeling it.

JFT MONDAY:
    - log food / stay green
    - Pick up supplies at middle school
    - E to swim at friend’s house
    - Library run
    - Indoor / outdoor chores
    - Budget - close out August and start Sept.

Have a great week! 💕
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 It's so difficult to be dispassionate about our families. I think you an hubby have come up with a workable compromise. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it. I hope the DOMS have eased.
    @cschmitz110515 😍 The dog and the sunflowers. Sounds like you enjoyed your staycation. I sometimes feel that my whole life is a staycation. Grrrr on the antisocial behaviour of those girls. They're probably the local 'mean' girls who lost their normal victims when the schools closed.
    @Faebert It's just typical of the vagaries of the scale. Mine invariably takes a bounce up on weigh in day for my Challenges. And any drop is invariably followed by a bounce up.

Hubby has just called me for lunch, so will be back later.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @clicketykeys So pleased that your test was negative. That must have been uber worrying for you.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Late again to check in, although on track with goals so far.

Great news on the test @clicketykeys. Hang in there @pridesabtch. @TerriRichardson112 - as ever your consistently is amazing.

I feel tired today - hope I can keep going with the goals. X

Sunday goals recap:
    morning long run ✅ 8 miles 😁
    Abs and upper body ✅
    Put away all laundry ✅
    Name labels for school shoes ✅
    Online grocery shop ✅
    Cleaning ✅
    Couch to 5k with the kids ✅
    Revision session with L ✅
    Write birthday cards ✅
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Bed by 10:30✅

Monday goals:
    morning workout ✅
    Leave early for uniform shop- remember return and pack birthday cards and bits for parents✅
    Stationery shop for school supplies (protractor, compass, calculator)✅
    Parents house for coffee and to leave birthday stuff ✅
    Finish cleaning
    Kids to pack schoolbags and check uniform ✅
    Tan and eyebrows
    Lay out running gear
    Stay within calorie goal
    Bed by 10
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday August 30
    1L of Water - >:)
    Log all Food - >:)
    No Chips - >:)
    15 Minutes of Activity - >:)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Monday August 31
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    No Chips
    15 Minutes of Activity
    Gratitude Journal

Scale read 198.0 this morning. Yesterday was a down day, I was missing the girls and grands, had nothing to really keep me active and engaged. It was cold, windy and miserable and that didn't help my mood at all.

Today is a new day and I'll get it back together again.

@cschmitz110515 - What a terrible thing for your neighbourhood to have to deal with. It seems the world has gone crazy. Beautiful photo of the field of sunflowers.

@clicketykeys - Thankful for you that your test was negative. I have a coworker at home waiting for a test result now. Her Granddaughter also had to have one.

@SERmom3 - I found praying about problems I can't control has been the best thing for me. Also, when I'm stressed I look on Pinterest for positive quotes and share them on my FB. I hope whatever it is, resolves itself soon. To me the unknown is the worse thing to deal with.

@pridesabtch - You are very hard on yourself, I hope that your daughter is more forgiving of you than you are of yourself. Will they accept a birth certificate or other piece of identification. We aren't allowed to use our Social Insurance Cards for ID here in Canada.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @mytime6630 So glad your husband is done with treatments! I've been on hormone therapy for 8 1/2 years now...18 more months and I'll be done with that. So, although it sucks, it does go fast! Happy for you all! I think your compromise is good regarding your daughter. She probably needs her "safe place" even more in the world the way it is right now, so it's nice you found a way for her to be able to come over and come 'in'. I miss having my kids over. I have visited with my kids a few times outside but they won't let me come within 6 feet of them because they work in public and don't want to be responsible if we should get sick. So nice to see you back!

@littleblackskirt I turned 60 this year. It is the first birthday that bothered me a bit. But having had cancer, I am grateful to have turned another year older!

@cschmitz110515 That is pretty crappy these "mean girls" are vandalizing your neighbor's house. Are they doing this to other houses also, or do they have a problem with that neighbor? I hope we don't start having stuff like that around here. With everything going on in Kenosha, I've been feeling afraid for Green Bay. Love your picture of the sunflowers and love your profile photo!

@clicketykeys Great to hear your test was negative!

Today, I plan to spend a lot of time downstairs in my quiet zone. I have many ideas reeling around my head as far as fixing the area up (paint, flooring, decor, etc.) but it all takes money and I'm not working. So that leads me to think about how I can perhaps make money at home, which leads to other ideas reeling around. Realistically, I'm not good enough at anything to make money doing it, but I keep trying to come up with something I can do from home because I am truly struggling to find jobs to apply for with the limitations I have. Health insurance is so expensive when you have chronic issues and meds, that it will be tough to remain home going into this next year and near impossible to make it to 65 for Medicare. But all things come when it is time, and I know the answer is just around the corner. I just have to be patient! (Patience is definitely NOT one of my virtues... LOL) :mrgreen:

Just for Monday:
    • #NoBS 24H Assessment and Plan / Readings: SA, NDNM / Daily Dialog / Take a.m. meds
    • Prelog food. Stick to plan. Stay in Green.
    • 90 oz H2O
    • Clean and cut veggies for this week's refrigerator salad bar
    • Clean fruits for grab-n-go
    • #NoBS Facebook live for Day 1 of 21-day challenge / Print out worksheet for challenge / Listen to pre-challenge video for summary of what to expect / do assignment for tomorrow
    • Trim dog's nails. Teeth cleaning.
    • 30 minutes activity
    • Evening Routine: Nothing to eat after 7pm / Brush & floss teeth / wash face & night cream / Assess #NoBS 24H for today / readings from SA and DO / Gratitude Journal / Read for an hour and then lights out.
    • Set alarm for 0630 to establish morning routine. No snooze.

Ongoing Task List:
    1. Letter to rental company - deliver to drop box on Monday.
    2. Call D. Health and have them call insurance.
    3. Sept budget
    4. Take pics of H's art
    5. Upload pics of H's art with description
    6. Open H's Etsy shop
    7. Research Blogging
    8. Research Etsy shop for tso
    9. Paint wall by fridge in LL
    10. Ask DH to move deer mounts to different part of basement
    11. Paint bar in LL
    12. watch for sales for flooring in LL
    13. Read first chapter of "Finding your North Star".

2020 WOTY: PERSISTENCE
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    JFT Sun. 8/30
    1) Walked dog 3.47 miles gorgeous late summer morning B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Watch church service video w/ hubby :smiley:
    3) Move hourly at least 10/14 :)
    4) Enjoy day w/ hubby before we return to work Mon. :smiley:<3
    5) Supper is grilled brats & yak patties, maybe cucumber or couscous salad & ??? / net cals green / 12c water :smiley: green & 10c
    6) Finish laundry (one load hanging, other in washer, then towels) / prep lunch/snacks/water bottle & overnight oats :) 2/2
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / eye drops / set alarm (ack ~ this will be tough) :neutral: 3/5

JFT M 8/31 ~ first day back to work & not going to get up before sunrise = rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Net cals green / 14c water
    3) NHC to-do list / GA-IT push to finish / sort email backlog / print, sign & submit month end report / don't let the *kitten* get me down
    4) Prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats
    5) One evening chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / eye drops / set 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

In office first time since vacation and read another email from idiot management sent while I was gone. Of course, they aren't stepping up, just assigning work to staff. Know other staff (without business skills) are looking for work to do, maybe I can get an assist. Grrr. Will do my best to meet multiple expectations, control what I can, and let the rest go.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 That is pretty crappy these "mean girls" are vandalizing your neighbor's house. Are they doing this to other houses also, or do they have a problem with that neighbor? I hope we don't start having stuff like that around here. With everything going on in Kenosha, I've been feeling afraid for Green Bay. Love your picture of the sunflowers and love your profile photo!

2020 WOTY: PERSISTENCE

Happy me to see you back posting! :smiley: Funny that we picked the same WOTY. I have to remind myself of it lots of times, through everything that's been happening.

The next door neighbor was not targeted to my knowledge. There's a swing set other side of their back fence and hubby and I think girls were on it to throw stuff over the fence, just for something different. Our house has lots of trees on our back lot & motion lights, so not an easy target. Other houses have had banging on patio doors and/or ringing of doorbells, not limited to our street or even immediate neighborhood. Last night was quiet, thank God.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch - You are very hard on yourself, I hope that your daughter is more forgiving of you than you are of yourself. Will they accept a birth certificate or other piece of identification. We aren't allowed to use our Social Insurance Cards for ID here in Canada.

My daughter is actually cool with it, I'm just not.

They require a social security card or a tax document with your SSN in addition to another form of ID like a birth certificate or passport. It's a real bummer. Some folks say they didn't even ask for it when they went for their permit test so we are going to go and hope for the best.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Today I will:
    - up at 10 😁
    - post 😁
    - take pill 😁
    - text D about school year 😁She said that the Paras employed by the district can choose to be in the classroom or remote. I don't know what that means for the permanent subs though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
    - 50 word challenge 😁
    - listen to course😁
    - clean up living room😁
    - steak for dinner😥 Made a salad instead.

Yesterday was quiet.

Today I will:
    - up whenever😁
    - post 😁
    - take pill😁
    - finish scene
    - go through email
    - email P
    - peddle
    - cook dinner
    - NO CHOCOLATE
    - Walmart
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Gosh, that's a busy list you're working on.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡💕💕💖 AUGUST💕💖💕🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    💜💜💜
    Isn't it funny how time disappears.
    I've been watching the first series of FORT SALEM
    Still sticking with my goals. Consolidating my new normal.
    Nothing strange or startling to relate.
    Just taking it day by day, step by step.

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together
    (Vincent Van Gogh)

💜💜💜

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2

August Daily Goals: Week 5
      Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅
      Weight < 155: 3/3
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

10 Aug 2020: 149.9
      23 Aug 2020: 150.1
      27 Aug 2020: 148.2
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.5
      It's so encouraging to see even these small improvements that my efforts are producing.)
      Calories < in the green 🦄 3/3
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 3/3
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 3/3
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 3/3
      Positive intentions for Today
      🌟Meditation 3/3 Exercise 2/3
      🌟Gardening: 1/3 🌟Declutter🦄2//3
      🌟Laundry 2/3 🌟Circuits 3/3
      😜Housework 3/3 🌟Shopping 1/3
      🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄1/3
      🌟Update Journal🦄1/3
      🌟Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)0/3
      🌟Crochet🦄 1/3 🌟Puzzles 🦄3/3
      🌟Watch TV🦄 3/3 🌟Read 2/3

Feeling apprehensive because my digital food scale has given up the ghost, and I am having to use an old mechanical one. My portion estimation is notoriously inaccurate. I will have to look for a new one when I go shopping on Wednesday morning.

• littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 955 Member
      Options
      Happy September everyone!

JFT Monday 31st August

Try to log everything (having lunch at sister-in-law's, so will be guessing)
      Stay in the green
      Back exercises
      Foot exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      Walk
      Pay parents bills
      Start ironing
      Gardening

A Big NO to everything I listed yesterday! Although I did do a little bit of weeding in the evening.
      My Sister-in-law served cheeseburgers and cake for lunch, it was very nice lol. She doesn't diet, and I haven't told her I'm dieting. It was a lovely afternoon sitting in the garden, suitably distanced.
      So as I couldn't guess the calories in that, I used it as an excuse to keep eating, telling myself I'd start again on 1st September. It's weird that one "junky" meal makes me want to eat more of the same, I find it easier to eat healthily if I stick to better foods.

So todays goals will be a rerun of yesterdays.

JFT Tuesday 1st September

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Back exercises
      Foot exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      Walk
      Pay parents bills
      Start ironing
      Gardening
      Phone roofer
      Recommit to being serious about losing weight

I saw a woodpecker in my garden this morning, first time I've ever seen one!
    • Faebert
      Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
      Options
      @littleblackskirt I am exactly the same about ‘good’ and ‘bad’ food. I think I might need to be more of an abstinence person than a moderation person. Once the sugar monster has woken up, it’s game over for me!

I had a great start to yesterday, but crashed a bit towards the end. Still achieved a lot though. Today I have smashed through this morning with two runs and lots of walking. I ran once for exercise, and the second time to practise my commute from school run to work. Unfortunately I have no childcare help and with the new Covid staggered start times in school, it will be very tough to get to work on time after dropping my little one off. Tough year of juggling ahead... 😔

Have a great start to the new month everyone! X

Monday goals recap:
      morning workout ✅
      Leave early for uniform shop- remember return and pack birthday cards and bits for parents✅
      Stationery shop for school supplies (protractor, compass, calculator)✅
      Parents house for coffee and to leave birthday stuff ✅
      Finish cleaning ✅
      Kids to pack schoolbags and check uniform ✅
      Tan and eyebrows ❌
      Lay out running gear ✅
      Stay within calorie goal ❌
      Bed by 10 ❌

Tuesday goals:
      morning run ✅ 10k
      Kids up and ready for first day back! ✅
      Walk kids to school ✅
      Practice/time run from kids’ school to work ✅ 1.8k
      Health food store/ groceries ✅
      Tan ✅
      Reply to building quotes/chase more
      Builder visit 1pm
      Alarm maintenance visit (pm)
      School pick-up 3:45pm
      Eyebrows/nails/pamper
      Couch to 5k with the girls
      Prep for work tomorrow/ kids sort schoolbags and homework
      Stay within calorie goal
      Bed by 10
    • pridesabtch
      Options
      teigansdad wrote: »
      Hitting a wall. COvid and weather really put a wrench in my race season and now starting to just feel burnt out a little. My eating habits have not been as good and I’ve been slack about writing goals. Yesterday I wrote goals but don’t think I posted them. Ended up not working out and missing my caloric mark AND having couple beers. I’m blaming sleep deprivation and stress. We are struggling here because our 13 year old toy fox terrier seems to be quickly declining. So much so that we are starting to worry if we should have her put down. Right now she seems happy but other times not so much. Vet says she has doggy dementia, liver disease and oh BTW she’s pretty much def and now also has to wear a little doggy diaper cuz she drinks, paces and pees when she’s not sleeping.
      My daughter is not gonna do well with this...

Sorry for unloading.

I noticed you hadn't been posting, glad to see you back, but sorry things are tough right now. Take care and don't quit when you've come so far!
    • pridesabtch
      Options

JFT Monday
      - Up early for work by 7:00am :smiley:
      - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
      - Fill out & mail paperwork for V's new SS card :smiley:
      - Off work at 2:15 :smile:
      - V to DMV, to see if she can take her test and bring the SS card later... :(
      - Laundry :smiley:
      - Parent meeting for crew at 7:00pm :smiley:

Well, V couldn't take her Learners Permit test at the DMV without her social security card, and with Covid scheduling, the next available time for her to take the test isn't until November 4th. I feel awful. She was disappointed, but not angry or bitter. She is a good kid.

Had a meeting for crew for my oldest, S. It looks like they will get to do some small races this fall, but no big regattas. US Rowing is hoping to have spring regattas, but due to covid may only race singles. This is a huge thing as we have a small team with limited boats. Our team actually only has 1 single, and it isn't a light weight boat. Looks like my gravel bike money may go to buying a lightweight single for my girl. This is a perfectly acceptable option in my book. She isn't sure about racing the single. She doesn't have much time in one, so she is afraid she'll not do well. Fear of failure is a powerful force to fight.

Today we are doing senior rowing pictures. S is not big on pictures, but after today's crew pictures and tomorrows outdoor pictures she should get a break.

Lets try this goal thing again today...

JFT Tuesday
      - WOrk early :smiley:
      - Protein bar for breakfast
      - suck up to global quality leader, I mean make sure he knows I'm interested in the new project :smiley:
      - Fix X-Ray machine (hopefully)
      - Leave at 4:00
      - Senior pictures at 4:30
      - Meet with rowing coach at 5:30 (before practice)
      - Ride Peleton
      - Log food
      - Laundry, there is always laundry

• Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
      Options
      JFT - Monday August 31
      1L of Water - :) 2L
      Log all Food - :) and in the green
      No Chips - >:)
      15 Minutes of Activity - :)
      Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Tuesday September 1
      1L of Water
      Log all Food
      No Chips
      15 Minutes of Activity
      Gratitude Journal

The scale read 194.8 this morning, I knew it was a lot of sodium making it high and if I could get my water in I would be fine.

@PackerFanInGB - I have a friend of a friend that has started recording audio books from home. You just need a very quiet room and from my understanding the companies help set up the equipment. It might be something to look into. I have no idea how to go about it. UPS here in Canada has all of their office staff working from home now and a lot of telecommunication companies do as well.
      I understand the ideas that swirl around your head when you're at home and there is a lot you want to do, but you're frustrated because you don't have the money to do the projects.

@littleblackskirt - I find I really want the unhealthier stuff when I have it too. You would think that you could just have a treat and go right back to it, but it's hard to do.

@Faebert - It sounds like you are going to have a very busy school season.

@teigansdad - sorry about your dog, pets are so much a part of our lives it is heartbreaking when they leave us. You're back today posting your goals, so that's the first step.

@pridesabtch - Sorry she wasn't able to get by without her Social Security card. Don't beat yourself up too much.

My back is killing me today, I know that the problem is my couch and my bed. We need both desperately, but they are so expensive. I am hoping maybe October we can get one or the other.

I have a lot of work to get done today so should get at it.

Have a great day everyone.