March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    fell off the running wagon hard.
    a friend stood in front of a train last week. another friend lost her niece to suicide. it really shook me up. tis the season apparently. a dancer i follow on instagram lost his brother too but they are saying how but guess is od or suicide.
    but after moping for the week and weekend, i have a renewed dedication to taking care of myself and running. so long run tonight. and then back on track with my training plan

Wow, sorry to hear all that :(
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    fell off the running wagon hard.
    a friend stood in front of a train last week. another friend lost her niece to suicide. it really shook me up. tis the season apparently. a dancer i follow on instagram lost his brother too but they are saying how but guess is od or suicide.
    but after moping for the week and weekend, i have a renewed dedication to taking care of myself and running. so long run tonight. and then back on track with my training plan

Oh my heavens. That’s a lot. I’m sorry.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I did exactly the same @enaliba and when I first started I timed it so each run section was downhill and the walking back uphill. It was still running and it still worked in the end so stick to it.

You've got this @Camaramandy648 and I hope to catch you up soon :smiley:
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I did exactly the same @enaliba and when I first started I timed it so each run section was downhill and the walking back uphill. It was still running and it still worked in the end so stick to it.

Yes, me too! It still works!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 No words, how terrible. Lots of hugs to you
    @RunsOnEspresso Hugs for you as well..
    To those who are hurting, injured, sick etc. So sorry and healing wishes coming your way.
    Thanks for the thoughts on my foot/toes everyone. Yesterday I did go for a walk with a friend around the lake. It was actually nice to just have a pleasant walk. The toes felt ok, not great. I went home and did a whole set of massages, and today there is no pain at all. Tomorrow we shall see during my run. I'm a bit timid about it, frankly.

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Wow. Inspiring for sure. I would never have thought to do that!
    @quilteryoyo Great work!!
    @Avidkeo I wish I could begin to love running in the rain
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    With all that, I'm seriously actually starting to contemplate a full marathon in July. If I were to, when would I need to start training? Or amping up the training? Going to have to look at some training plans I think.

I'd look for a plan of about 20 weeks and start now.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo oops hope that wasn't me! :-p Erm every novice plan I've seen was like 18 weeks, so if you're really thinking about that you should probably look like now! Hal Higdon's seem pretty sensible, and there's an app now that you can use to plot your plan with...
    Yeah we keep bringing him up, but the Hal Higdon plans really are good. The Novice 1 is great for a first marathon. You can start now :) and there's no need to commit yet if you want to start the plan and see how it goes when you start to increase mileage. Unless you see that the marathon you're looking at is going to sell out or have a huge price increase.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Ooh, @avidkeo, which one?
  • enaliba
    enaliba Posts: 146 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Yes, me too! It still works!

Ok! I will, then. It was waaaay easier.

Unrelated, but where did the use of “*kitten*” originate? And does it stand in for all the good words?
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    enaliba wrote: »
    Unrelated, but where did the use of “*kitten*” originate? And does it stand in for all the good words?

MyFitnessPal has a filter in these forums so that if you type profane words, they are replaced by *kitten*. So if I type *kitten*, it comes out as *kitten*