March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman you would fit in great here... everyone in southern Spain truly believes they will melt if they get rained on! When we went to Galicia (opposite end of the country, where the weather is a lot wetter) last Easter, my husband was amazed to see people working in the rain (you know, construction workers, road works, street cleaners... anyone working outdoors) and he asked the taxi driver how come they were working. Guy replied "well we'd never get anything done otherwise, would we!" His face was a picture.

That is pretty much how it is here in Pittsburgh, PA, USA too.

I am the weirdo in Phoenix that enjoys being out in the rain!
    mbaker566 wrote: »

i want running to be something like brushing my hair, or taking showers. just something that needs to get done. some days it feels better than others.

I am hoping to get there again. I used to be so good at that.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    dudasd1973 wrote: »
    I'm gonna shoot for the moon and say 1 mile :)

W00T!!! You can do it!
  • dudasd1973
    dudasd1973 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

W00T!!! You can do it!

You're gonna need to add an extra 30 after you eat those pepperoni rolls :)
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    March goal: get back to running 2-3 days per week. 5K in April.

3/3 - Ran 1.76 miles (total run: 1.76 miles)
    3/4 - Walk 3.3 miles (total walk: 3.3 miles)
    3/5 - Ran 1.8 miles (total run: 3.56 miles)
    3/7 - Rode stationary bike for 20 mins - - - Week 1: Goal accomplished
    3/10 - Ran 2.01 miles (total run: 5.57 miles)

Over the weekend we drove over to Ohio. Ok, I did all the driving, but it was still a relaxed trip. Saw the Christmas Story House (drove by, didn't do the tour), ate at an actual Big Boy, had a local fundraiser pancake breakfast where they told us to "make sure we comeback next weekend!", and spent half the day wandering only 2 floors of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Need to go back to complete the other 4 floors! My plan on Sat morning was to run. However, the hotel was not in an area to make a "run around the block. Next choice, the hotel dreadmill. However, that was down, so the 3rd choice was the stationary bike. But I got a workout in!

My question to all the Ohioans: is it some kind of state law that Christmas decorations have to stay up through March? Everywhere we looked, rural to towns, still had them up, and lit at night!

As a native Pennsylvanian who has lived all over the world and currently lives in Ohio, this is a matter of efficiency. Putting them up once and leaving them up is far more efficient than putting them up and taking them down annually.
    I'm surprised you didn't comment on our traffic control devices, which to Ohioans are merely suggestions.

Agreed. It's a selling feature if the house comes "pre-decorated" for the holidays here in Cleveland.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

W00T!!! You can do it!

You're gonna need to add an extra 30 after you eat those pepperoni rolls :)

Oh I can not eat them. I will be giving them away.