WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Margaret - Well darn it! Oh well yeah says he still positive but choosing to be home quarantined due to low to mild symptoms .Hopefully he gets well soon. Says he got off the ship just before the quarantine somehow ...Weird then went home 🏡 . They don’t (like Mall Lady ) know how many he came in contact with or who. He says he didn’t get out much if at all so hopefully no one got close enough to get it or was super healthy it passed them by or he stayed in except for a drive they burger 🍔 or so. (My hubby will not go into a store with a drive through he loves them a lot! Glad he does now but ask me back in December I would have called it a pet peeve)

https://www.twincities.com/2020/03/06/minnesota-records-first-coronavirus-case-health-officials-confirm/amp/

Amber Tx
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Kodak cakes are what our nutritionist suggested for more protein at breakfast. I toss in a handful of frozen blueberries and they’re yummy!
    The rest of your meals sound terrific too! 😊
    ~ Samand
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    😬 *Kodiak cakes
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Samand303 wrote: »
    Rebecca Kodak cakes are what our nutritionist suggested for more protein at breakfast. I toss in a handful of frozen blueberries and they’re yummy!
    The rest of your meals sound terrific too! 😊
    ~ Samand

I'm excited to make it one of my meals! Planning on slicing strawberries and drizzle with honey! On the box it has recipes for cookies adding oats, and muffins! They seem really healthy!
    💖Rebecca
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Rebecca- Hubby introduced me to his fav 🍎 sweet Apple slices drizzled in honey 🍯. Was good! I like honey y strawberries 🍓 diced onion my special K cereal never thought of just berry with honey by itself. Sounds good! I also like room temp water I keep a 2 liter bottle out refill it once during the day.Takes me 24hours to drink 1.5-3litters tho. I keep 1 tiny cold bottle in the fridge but it’s more for if I feel a hot flash comin on .

Amber Tx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- Hubby introduced me to his fav 🍎 sweet Apple slices drizzled in honey 🍯. Was good! I like honey y strawberries 🍓 diced onion my special K cereal never thought of just berry with honey by itself. Sounds good! I also like room temp water I keep a 2 liter bottle out refill it once during the day.Takes me 24hours to drink 1.5-3litters tho. I keep 1 tiny cold bottle in the fridge but it’s more for if I feel a hot flash comin on .

Amber Tx

If I drink cold water from the frig, I get so cold, plus drinking it before my main meal I get a tummy ache! Awe, hot flashes aren't any fun! I so remember in the middle of the night feeling fuzzy hot! I have graduated and don't get anything! Praise be!
    💖Rebecca
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Rebecca- room-temps more for my teeth. After braces they were permanently sensitive. I get chills too so I like no ice in my drinks if I do 1-3cubes. I do like an occasional Starbucks small oreo Frappuccino worth the tooth 🦷 shock! But that I save for warmer Texas days which we get off y one even in the winter. High 80’s all week wish I could get one.

Growing up I ate peanut butter with honey 🍯 on my apple but tasted more peanut buttery than sweet honey, Hubby also loves honey on his bananas 🍌 in his oatmeal. I can’t stand bananas in my cereal I never liked oatmeal. Maybe when I’m 90 I will grandma finally developed a taste for it she said she’s past 90.

Amber Tx

Good night Rebecca lol my food went over by 200 calories lol 😂 I had brown sugar cake 🍰.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Spent the day driving. We left around 8:30 and got home around 6:30. So no exercise today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga for Back Care DVD (one of the new ones)

Amber – I’ve gotta learn that what the residents (year-round) want they get. We’re not there the whole year. You’re not allowed to smoke in the pool area. My concern (and it may be unfounded) is technically someone can smoke outside the pool area and if the wind is blowing just right, the smoke will blow into the pool area. Well, if that happens repeatedly, you know the residents will complain. I’m concerned also that only 20 feet from the building may not be enough, the wind can blow the smoke into the first floor condos. But I guess we’ll have to wait until there are complaints, and if there are we can just amend the rule. Not that I’m going to worry. The thing that affected us was their being able to smoke on the walkway between the condos. That’s no longer going to be allowed. Well, that’s especially good for certain people (like those with lung cancer). I guess time will tell. If you use the apple slice, I don’t know what I’d do but remember that the apples are juicy.

Tracey – love your gd and her new earrings

Came home and we’d said that we would pick up the mail but they delivered it. Well, saves us a trip to the post office….lol Vince looked at the grass and said “I’m shocked, I really thought we’d need to cut the grass” to which I said “oh, good, then we can stay and extra week next year!”

Viv – happy birthday you yungun’

Rori – I’m so sorry about your husband. Well, on the bright side….he may not remember that he didn’t want to go!

I totally forgot to take our bag of refrigerated items. Well, it’s not like those things can’t be replaced. It just annoys me that I forgot it. How neither Vince nor I saw it with all the times we were in the kitchen is beyond me.

M – happy birthday

Doing a load of darks right now. It’s funny, when we left the condo, I don’t have to do any laundry. The only dirty clothes were clothes that I leave down there so if I don’t wash them until we go again, no big deal. Vince couldn’t get over that I just left them. Well, I’ve been doing that for years, it”s not like their wet and will get mildewey

Welcome to everyone new and returning

So many pages, I’m afraid I’m going to have to skim, pretty tired right now

Will probably have to do some grocery shopping tomorrow

Can’t wait to make yogurt in my IP. How I missed it!

Allie – I was thinking, too, that it would be awesome if all you gals could go to the same place!

Rebecca – whenever we go out to eat, I always ask for “water, no ice”. So many places put ice in cold water that when you drink the water, you get “brain freeze”.

Michele who is off to bed
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla Sorry about your fender bender!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Karen:
    Thank you. Not my best day and your kindness is comforting. 🌹
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Oh grrrrr! What a miserable waste of your time and energy Katla. :#<3

Made the mistake of nodding off during a Vera repeat :o and then looking at replacement Saga cruises if we amend. Bad move. Had to move to the spare room and read until 1.30 :s My mistake. I should know better. I do know better.

Cleaner coming in an hour. She had her new bicycle stolen earlier in the week. :sad: From outside my son's house just before we got there. I think it was locked, but not locked to anything. Grrr! Personally I would never leave a new bike outside, or rather, I wouldn't buy a new bike, just an old one that no one wants to steal if I am just using it for transport. Poor girl, she was so proud of it!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Waiting for 2 more riders to come in from our cycling event.

Meanwhile we had a driving tour of a beautiful piece of Tasmania and got out for a walk as well.

We headed up to the north coast to support the riders coming through that town and stayed a while to walk and stop for lunch in a cafe. Then we drove back via another stop for the riders to check on a friend of ours who was waiting there for the riders. When the first riders came in, we drove back to the finish.

It's been a lovely day. Everything is so green from all the rain recently ... it looks like it does in the winter when the world is a blanket of bright green! The sun has been out. The temp got up to about 19C. And the wind wasn't too bad.

But I am tired. Looking forward to sleep. :)

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Mary - superduper photo! <3 Are you there on your own with them, or are the parents around?

My cleaner turned up on a bike which she carefully chained to our porch. One of her clients had given it to her. :D It's a bit tired looking, but it works and won't be stolen! Nice thing to happen. :D

It feels funny to expending lots of energy on our exercise machines while she is busy cleaning! I could be burning the same calories doing the housework! But I truly hate hoovering. After about two minutes my back hurts. We have two flights of stairs as well. Mainly we employ her to stop marital arguments as we never seem to be able to get it together to do the basic cleaning at the same time. We do keep the kitchen clean and divide other tasks between us, but somehow the vacuuming, dusting etc gets left. If I lived alone I would probably do it myself! :|

Saturday newspapers today. Thai green curry tonight with salmon. I bought some gorgeous little zucchini yesterday to put in it. Peas, celery also going in. Broccoli with it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Caught up on reading! Had a busy week. Happy to say I got 4 workouts in this week. Steps were a bit lower than I like.

Corona virus hasn't hit in Ohio yet (that we know of). Of course, I think we just recently got test cases. We are meeting with county and state leadership early this week. Since we are a public agency, we have limited choices as to how we handle things-if we close people go without necessary services. Everything we are being told is that the precautions people should take are really not much different than you should do anyway. It is sad we have to remind people to wash their hands, over mouth/nose when sneezing, stay home when you are sick. We will be providing extra cleaning supplies for staff to keep their area wiped down after client visits (but they have those anyway). I do feel bad for those who work who have no paid time to cover them if they don't go to work. This shouldn't be a problem for most of our staff, but those who run through every bit of accumulated leave as soon as they can may have problems. We'll just have to see how this whole thing develops.

Going to see if I can use last pair of computer glasses frames for sun glasses. I have been using the solar shield sort but have some extra money left on flex spending from last year that I need to spend or lose. I like the old frames so don't see use in just pitching them or donating if I can use. Other than that, grocery, laundry, etc. today.

All of the talk about fish on here has gotten to me also. Going to pick up a small bit of salmon and give it a try for a meal or two this week. Have only ever made salmon patties from canned salmon. Trying to decide if I want to try one of the pre-seasoned ones or something on my own.

Going to Columbus tomorrow for lunch with son and his gf. Think we are going to an Indian restaurant. I don't get that often so am looking forward to it.

Happy Saturday all,

Ginny in Ohio