• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,852 Member
    Options
    For hopeful travellers ...

This site is the Australia government advice site for travellers. It has some good information about keeping healthy while travelling, about travel destinations that may not be an option just now, and especially about cruises.

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19

And this is a list of countries and their advice levels ...

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations?title=&field_overall_advice_level_target_id=All&order=field_overall_advice_level&sort=desc

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Okie, I’ve had 1 parking lot accident, but two visits with my insurance company to get photos of the damage to my car when the other one backed into me.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,070 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I skimmed a lot of the pages, so I'm sure I missed a lot of things, so bear with me.

Sharon: Good to see your post. Hope your daughter isn't badly impacted by the Coronavirus delaying her op.

Amber: 🎈🎉🎈Happy Birthday to JR 🎈🎉🎈

Michele: Jiminy Cricket turned out well.

Kim: I'm also skimming the flu stuff.

I am taking sensible precautions, but I do think the constant media coverage is overkill. Some People will be sensible, but many will stick their heads in the sand no matter what.

I believe in the power of positive thought. What will be, will be! I will deal with it, IF it happens.

The family had a great time at the birthday celebration for DYD on Sunday. We had 11 for dinner. It was mostly catered food from M&S, but very good nonetheless. I made a salad, and although I was under goal, the weight has bounced a little 😂 C'est la vie!!!

Her actual birthday was on Saturday, and her partner had arranged a day of fun which culminated in a surprise party with her social crowd.

Today, I have my Craft Group, yesterday, I had Monday Painters after lunch, and went to Library Poetry after dinner.

Stay safe, folks! It's a mad, mad, mad world out there.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,852 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday greetings :heart: ... my 2-day birthday is almost over.

Lots of work but also a very nice little cruise. :)

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have decided not to go up to London this week after all. I am developing a cold and can't bear the thought of sitting in a railway carriage trying not to sniffle or cough with everyone glaring at me. Ditto the theatre. There's nothing like trying to suppress sneezing or coughing for it to feel so much worse. :laugh: I had to move upstairs at 5 a m because I needed to blow my nose. Quite relieved actually, as I was going out of loyalty, rather than desire. My difficult friend is just getting over a really bad cough, so I don't want to give this to her. She has respiratory problems and heart troubles.
    So relief!!!!! :D

NYKAREN - The only problem with January is that the sea is more likely to be rough and DH is not a great sailor, but storms can happen at any time of year. We picked this Norway trip because it was the right time of year for us, but we have been to Norway many times now. My Norwegian is quite proficient! I did want to visit Ålesund and I'm sure the whole thing would have been delightful, but I've kind of let it go in my head already, even if we haven't actually rescheduled yet. Keeping an ear open for government decisions, because we would prefer a refund, or to reschedule for later 2021.
    We have visited Morocco for extended visits several times and loved it. Casablanca and Agadir are ports we haven't visited, so it would be different. Neither of us have been to the Canaries. It is on my bucket list to go to Lanzarote, and there are other islands, including the Gomera national park. The ship also calls at Madeira, where we have spent 10 days in the past, and Lisbon, which is as familiar to me as Paris as I have a friend who lives there. It is an attractive option even though, so we are seriously interested.

DH is on good form. We are singing this afternoon and I will sit well away from the others so I don't sneeze over them. :*
    Veal escalopes for dinner, with garlicky haricot beans and broccoli.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx