Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What worked for you today?

Replies

• AndreaTamiraAndreaTamira Member, Premium Posts: 268 Member Member, Premium Posts: 268 Member
    Preparing my vegan stuffed peppers in my air fryer worked like a charm. Low calorie yet very satisfying.

Do you have a recipe, and are they adaptable for having only an oven?
  • kali31337kali31337 Member, Premium Posts: 1,048 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,048 Member
    Packing my lunch last night as I'm in the office today. Also will be taking a walk post lunch/meeting so I can ensure I still get my steps in
  • lauriekallislauriekallis Member, Premium Posts: 553 Member Member, Premium Posts: 553 Member
    iowalinda wrote: »
    Reminding myself that nothing tastes as good as thin feels :)

I use this thought a lot. Especially when friends detail their treats.
  • azalea4175azalea4175 Member, Premium Posts: 122 Member Member, Premium Posts: 122 Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    A few things have really worked for me! I found a high fiber low carb tortilla that is 50 cal, and allows me to have tacos again. I put the meat with a bunch of veggies and no cheese, and enjoy. :) Another thing is the Built series of protein bars, preworkout gels and vitamin drinks - very tasty, very low sugar. And finally, I started sitting on an exercise ball. I don't feel so sluggish at the end of my workday.

can you share what brand and where you found the high fiber low carb tortilla? i am having a tough time finding them! they sound delicious
  • FivefootninebaddieFivefootninebaddie Member Posts: 10 Member Member Posts: 10 Member
    I started working out because I enjoyed it and it thankfully increased my metabolism a lot, allowing me to eat what I want within reason and lose weight.
  • ashmherrinashmherrin Member Posts: 16 Member Member Posts: 16 Member
    I didn't feel like going out for a walk, so I booted up Just Dance and used that for my cardio instead.
  • BMcC9BMcC9 Member Posts: 3,797 Member Member Posts: 3,797 Member
    ashmherrin wrote: »
    I didn't feel like going out for a walk, so I booted up Just Dance and used that for my cardio instead.

Just Dance as in on the Wii? I boot up Walk In Out on my Wii ALLLLLLL the TIIIIMMMMMEEEE
  • lauriekallislauriekallis Member, Premium Posts: 553 Member Member, Premium Posts: 553 Member
    Logging what I ate, even though I overindulged. I had a willpower problem with some Trader Joe's chocolate-covered blueberries and was ready to just throw in the towel for the whole day since I already "messed up." Once I logged I realized I was only 250 calories over. Seeing that was enough to make me realize that it won't really affect my progress in the long run.

This has been so important to me - though I still resist when I overindulge or eat something unexpectedly. Thank you for putting it in words, because I had not yet. This is an important guiding light that should be highlighted everywhere on MFP.
  • foodieizzyfoodieizzy Member Posts: 33 Member Member Posts: 33 Member
    Knowing that I'm getting Panera for lunch is keeping me going today! 1.5 more days until the weekend :D
  • azalea4175azalea4175 Member, Premium Posts: 122 Member Member, Premium Posts: 122 Member
    preplanning and packing my breakfast and lunch. I start work early, too early to eat, so I have tea with a collagen powder then eat around 8ish. I find if I pack my breakfast and lunch every day, and plan for an afternoon snack with protein, I am not tempted to snack on junk when I get home. Oh, and not buying junk for the house!!! :D
  • ashmherrinashmherrin Member Posts: 16 Member Member Posts: 16 Member
    BMcC9 wrote: »

Just Dance as in on the Wii? I boot up Walk In Out on my Wii ALLLLLLL the TIIIIMMMMMEEEE

Haha, nice!! I have it on the Switch, but I've definitely put some hours in on the Wii version lol
  • BMcC9BMcC9 Member Posts: 3,797 Member Member Posts: 3,797 Member
    BMcC9 wrote: »

Haha, nice!! I have it on the Switch, but I've definitely put some hours in on the Wii version lol

There was the original Wii (which I still use); then Wii U (basically Wii 2.0 and backwardly compatible) and now Switch (basically Wii 3.0 but not backwardly compatible) .... so yeah, I would say you were (sorta) on the Wii!