Coronavirus prep

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner -- good advice above. There are also softwares that HR can get that allow monitoring of productivity remotely of work computers. That industry is thriving right now with Covid-19. Many companies, that are more traditional brick and mortar, have learned new things out of necessity. Now, likely they wouldn't want to pay for something like this but most of the time the concern is that if someone is home, they won't work as hard.

Panogard is like $5 a month per computer. If they want to see what you're working on any time of the day, they could see it.

Sure... the argument isn't productivity, though. There just truly is no explanation of why she is opposed to it. Instead, just saying no. I'm sure she can't defend the reason and therefore is just avoiding it.

I am going to try to fill out the form to request an accommodation and be clear about it. We know that glycosalation of ACE2 receptors is needed for SARS-COV-2 to enter cells, a condition increased during hyperglycemia. But since I am not yet infected, my guess is that it won't matter. But worth a try. If nothing else, maybe I can ask for a transfer to our corp. office. Everyone there is working remotely anyway and I report to corp.... not a big change to just update my home location.

FTR, I'm doing work for 4 plants in 3 states with 3 legal entities anyway. Most of my work is already being done remotely from my base location.

Does your form have a place for a doctor's note/signature? Sure way to get an accommodation to WFH.

No, there isn't a spot for it. But of course we can attach something. She had suggested I could attach medical documentation if I would like, but didn't say it is required. Maybe the response will be that she wants a dr. note after I send it?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,893 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Anybody else here notice their house/yard gradually getting more unkempt during this pandemic? It's the opposite of what I would expect. I'm already a stay at home person. I figured with extra time from curtailed outside activities, I'd get more done at home - DIYs, deep cleaning, major yardwork. That's not what's happening, though. I'm actually doing less than before. Letting stuff go. Just recently started realizing it. Better formulate a plan to fix this before it becomes habit!

Is it just me, or is this a thing?

The opposite is true on my street. Lots of us are taking the opportunity to do home improvement tasks. One neighbor painted their foundation, my OH started pressure-washing the patio, killed that washer, bought another, finished the patio, and then pressure-washed the fence. This inspired another neighbor to pressure-wash his deck, and then paint it. Etc. (I think it's an environmentally irresponsible waste of water during a drought, but...)

On the inside, we finally got around to going through more of his mom's stuff - she passed away 3 years ago. I scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees and took everything out of the frig and cleaned it. This is NOT normal for me, lol. (Some of this activity is because the heat has trapped me inside and I can only do my normal indoor cardio so much. I'd much prefer to be cleaning hiking trails.)

I plan to paint the bathroom and kitchen once it cools off enough for the windows to be open.

I wanted to stencil in the bathroom but my OH objected. I think I did that a million years ago, but don't really remember. This kind of thing:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jacobean-Flower-Wall-Stencil-SKU-1778-by-Designer-Stencils/113155641

20873762-499b-4915-ba34-48bbe11f5991_1.f30a77a01820e23a1ebbd97c1dfdb3a5.jpeg?odnWidth=612&odnHeight=612&odnBg=ffffff

There's another room he won't object to me stenciling.

I have chemical sensitivities and so would want zero VOC paint - not sure if I can get this in small sizes. I've only ever bought gallons.

Anyone have stenciling tips, from zero VOC paint sources to techniques? If a lot of you, I'll start a new thread.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Our subdivision is looking real good. People spending more time on yard and outdoor home care, new landscaping, etc. Several houses getting pools put in, more basketball hoops, etc.
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Our neighborhood looks noticeably more rundown since March. It's an older area with a high percentage of low-income residents.
  • ElioraFR
    ElioraFR Posts: 91 Member
    edited August 2020
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I was at the farm implement store buying some seeds and I ran into some Hell's Angels on their back home from the moto rally in Sturgis. I asked them how it was and they said it was just alright, kinda flat this year. They were going into the mountains and back through the Park on their way to Cali.

They did say that no one was wearing masks over there. They were there buying bungee cords because there was so much gear that had fallen off bikes all over the road and they cherry picked the best stuff. Right before all of these Sturgis rallies inexperienced people buy brand new bikes. Some drive there in fancy trailers and simply try to ride their bikes into the rally. Others drive off the roads, wreck, lose gear and keep going. The older folkaronies break bones and get hurt.

mbx0a7v9yarq.png

This one looks just like a tough old bird even though they are called Angels. ;)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited August 2020
    @ElioraFR There are different kinds. Arch o:) and fallen. One variety and size does not fit all. o:)

@spiriteagle99 It's the exact opposite here. The housing market is soaring and there's not a single place to rent. College kids are going to have a tough time finding anything, anywhere. Everything that was for sale or rent is gone. The moving trend from the coastal regions to the smaller population states is not likely to end for years. Crowds of them are coming here like a swarm of locusts. We're sad because the farms and ranches are becoming celebrity mansions or party homes for hollywood. Yuck, I need a bucket.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @moonangel12 When the farms and ranches are gone who's going to provide that extra fancy grassfed beef for paleo folks. B) When everything becomes a party home, all that's needed are service people who will work for peanuts to wait on everyone hand and foot. Cooks and cleaners, bottlewashers, fetchers and drivers. There's no place for service people to live so they crowd together in some rathole or live in tents. One iconic place has already been overrun and ruined just like this. It's hard to see the side effects of 'Rona happen all around you.