Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I had read the same thing about smokers. Does Italy have a lot of smokers?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options

Yes. Young ones too.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options

Yes. Young ones too.

Are smokers (or heavy smokers) disproportionately male in Italy, as they were in China?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options

Yes. Young ones too.

Are smokers (or heavy smokers) disproportionately male in Italy, as they were in China?

No, I'd say there are many women smokers too.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry Paperpudding! Being separated from loved ones is one of the most difficult aspects of all this. Hugs!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    OKC mayor on tv now. Declared a state of emergency because it is verified we had a locally spread case. Didn’t say from who, but hinted? He limited public meetings to 50, but strongly suggested just don’t have any, cancelled all concerts, etc., closed city libraries. He said he won’t close restaurants yet, but may soon. Suggested carry out or delivery for now, don’t eat in. Right now our count is 7.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

(((hugs))) I know anxiety makes this harder (one of the reasons I'm very thankful for the way this is being handled in NZ, but I'm anxious for other reasons atm). You are prepped, you know what you need to do to keep yourself safe :)

If you need to chat with another anxiety-suffering, ME/CFSer, please feel free to reach out to me anytime xx

Thank you. You are amazing.

You're right. Anxiety makes everything harder. I think I would feel better if we could just work from home. Again, we can do our jobs remotely. We don't interact with direct customers. I have even worked from home before (once as a trail/test for the system they had a number of us do it and then I was allowed after my dad passed away) and my bosses are 100% for it. Fingers crossed that something changes as the week goes on.

Groceries here seem to be hit or miss. My one friend went to one store and had no trouble getting what she needed but did say basics like eggs and bread were low. However, my cousin had to go to 3 stores before finding a gallon of milk. I will need to go shopping by the end of this week so I am hoping the stores can catch up. I am going to leave work early on Thursday (I have some random time leftover (1.5 hours and I will get more days on Friday) to go shopping and I will have a list of what I would like to have and then like 3-4 backup ideas. Then I won't be caught unprepared.

We have 121 tested now in Indiana with 19 cases. Cases have been found in both the county I work in and where I live. So yay. I honestly have pretty much come to terms that I will get it and only hope it doesn't hit me too hard.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options

California, Ohio, Illinois, Massachusetts close bars and restaurants in effort to slow coronavirus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/15/coronavirus-bars-restaurants-closed-states/5055634002/