How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

Options

Replies

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Yep so my office base being closed. Reduced hours and working from home when possible.

YIPPEE thank God for small mercies. 🙏

In other news, my bf is having a total meltdown about caronavirus. I NEED a beer tonight he is busting my balls !!

In some ways, it's good to be single and live alone. In others, not so...

Hope your BF settles down and enjoys the time with you. ;)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    3/25/2020 - Ventured out to the store to buy some corn meal and cat litter. Found the elusive chicken, finally! Only picked up two packs. Wanted to make sure there was plenty for others. Store also had a couple of other things I was looking for, but oddly.. no sugar except for teeny tiny packs. Still no bread or tortillas, but I can make both of those so no biggie.

It was eerily quiet. I know people are still going to and from work, but they are working on shifts to cut down on continued exposure with one another. I know people are still working, but the roads today made it seem like I was driving through a recently abandoned town. It was downright spooky.

A sunshiny day, 81 degrees and not a soul out... and no cars on the road. Super freaky.

The silver lining is that with the extra time? I don't mind cooking for the family as much. And now that I have the elusive chicken, I can make enchiladas (finally). Whoot.

Small things, right?
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
    Yep so my office base being closed. Reduced hours and working from home when possible.

In other news, my bf is having a total meltdown about caronavirus. I NEED a beer tonight he is busting my balls !!

Yeah, it definetly has it's perks! Not so long ago I was still living in my own flat, before moving in fully with him...lots of good aspects to sharing a home, but yeah, I do miss my own 'me time'. And 'me space' from time to time. Especially now when he is asking me to wear a very imposing respirator mask. It's a half face mask (as opposed to the full one, which I'm sure he gave consideration to) I say asking, more like hauranging. But in my job, working with some of societies most vulnerable & mentally unwell individuals, it would scare the beejesus out of them. I need to be able to protect myself but still be respectful and approachable. And the thing is, I can't wear that mask all the time, I'm running about constantly so it needs time to be fitted absolutely correctly in order to protect. It's ok for him saying he will wear his, when he goes food shopping once a week but I would be wearing it A LOT
    And tbh nobody else is wearing anything remotely as hard core as that. My work gave me a small white mask today which doesnt offer as much protection but it's just more feesable.

This saga with the mask will not end. I need to find a good mask, that won't make people back away from me 😂😂

It's been a few years since I've lived with someone. But, I can completely relate on some of that stuff. I get his concern. But, I'd say you have the right thoughts on it scaring them. The smaller one, if it's an N95 mask should be good for general use and a bit more ease of use. All in risk mitigation I think. I'd keep the larger one in a bag though if you do need to go out. The black mask is a bit of work to fit, and they are uncomfortable. When I was on the fire dept we had full SCBA which gets uncomfortable after a while. Painful after a while

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

Yeah, it definetly has it's perks! Not so long ago I was still living in my own flat, before moving in fully with him...lots of good aspects to sharing a home, but yeah, I do miss my own 'me time'. And 'me space' from time to time. Especially now when he is asking me to wear a very imposing respirator mask. It's a half face mask (as opposed to the full one, which I'm sure he gave consideration to) I say asking, more like hauranging. But in my job, working with some of societies most vulnerable & mentally unwell individuals, it would scare the beejesus out of them. I need to be able to protect myself but still be respectful and approachable. And the thing is, I can't wear that mask all the time, I'm running about constantly so it needs time to be fitted absolutely correctly in order to protect. It's ok for him saying he will wear his, when he goes food shopping once a week but I would be wearing it A LOT
    And tbh nobody else is wearing anything remotely as hard core as that. My work gave me a small white mask today which doesnt offer as much protection but it's just more feesable.

This saga with the mask will not end. I need to find a good mask, that won't make people back away from me 😂😂

It's been a few years since I've lived with someone. But, I can completely relate on some of that stuff. I get his concern. But, I'd say you have the right thoughts on it scaring them. The smaller one, if it's an N95 mask should be good for general use and a bit more ease of use. All in risk mitigation I think. I'd keep the larger one in a bag though if you do need to go out. The black mask is a bit of work to fit, and they are uncomfortable. When I was on the fire dept we had full SCBA which gets uncomfortable after a while. Painful after a while

I better not tell him about the SCBA mask....that will be the next thing 😂

If that's the case, then he'll have to pony up for an air tank, harness/framepack and a compressor to fill it with. ;)

Might be a bit cost prohibitive. But, you could always use it as an argument. :D
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
    How is it affecting me? Luckily my fellow work mates are keeping a sense of humour in all this chaos, we need to in order to keep functioning!

You really have to keep that sense of humour! Even without current events, I've found that having a bit of a dark sense of humour while working in medical field and emergency services was necessary. One of the reasons why I love nurses so much. ;)
    Anyone who is Scottish will LOVE this.

Caronavirus, so tragic as it is, is also bringing out peoples sense of caring for each other and being 'in it, together' hope this video brings a few laughs !
    https://t.co/ujvbxy1DS8

I'm not Scottish (but I do wear kilts on occasion), but I do love it! :)
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    edited March 2020
    Options
    How is it affecting me? Luckily my fellow work mates are keeping a sense of humour in all this chaos, we need to in order to keep functioning!

You really have to keep that sense of humour! Even without current events, I've found that having a bit of a dark sense of humour while working in medical field and emergency services was necessary. One of the reasons why I love nurses so much. ;)

Caronavirus, so tragic as it is, is also bringing out peoples sense of caring for each other and being 'in it, together' hope this video brings a few laughs !

Sense of humour is a must! And now we must get a kilt picture soon !! 😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I'll get right on it! Just as soon as @TwitchyMacGee gets her picture of a bald me and we see a pic of you in Class A hazmat and full SCBA kit. ;)
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

Sense of humour is a must! And now we must get a kilt picture soon !! 😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I'll get right on it! Just as soon as @TwitchyMacGee gets her picture of a bald me and we see a pic of you in Class A hazmat and full SCBA kit. ;)

I was over here keeping my mouth shut hoping foofoo had the mojo to make a miracle.

Kilts are nice 😊
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

I was over here keeping my mouth shut hoping foofoo had the mojo to make a miracle.

Kilts are nice 😊

It's not unheard of. I've posted both before. ;)
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

Kilts are nice 😊

Were you ever in the uniform thread???
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

Kilts are nice 😊

Were you ever in the uniform thread???

I think so. But, if I was, was under similar name.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    idk why everyone's making such a big deal out of the quarantine and isolation smh.
    i been inside for a few days now and I'm perfectly fine. even the shadow people who live in the walls are agreeing with me

No joke, i got up to pee last night and kept seeing people in the shadows out of the corner of my eye. That hasn’t happened to me in many years. I don’t like it.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    idk why everyone's making such a big deal out of the quarantine and isolation smh.
    i been inside for a few days now and I'm perfectly fine. even the shadow people who live in the walls are agreeing with me

No joke, i got up to pee last night and kept seeing people in the shadows out of the corner of my eye. That hasn’t happened to me in many years. I don’t like it.

funny enough those types are called "peepers" and ur supposed to pretend you didn't see them otherwise they can
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

funny enough those types are called "peepers" and ur supposed to pretend you didn't see them otherwise they can

That’s exactly what i do. I make myself act normally. Don’t look, dont run. 🤷‍♀️
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

That’s exactly what i do. I make myself act normally. Don’t look, dont run. 🤷‍♀️

Do you hear voices from under the stairs?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

I heard the 'voice' again this morning...all it says is my name (usually), clear and crisp - excellent enunciation - a little urgent
    ...auditory hallucination, I suppose - but wakes me suddenly and gives me the creeps a bit
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

Do you hear voices from under the stairs?

Only once about twenty years ago. But not from under the stairs. I’ve decided it was some kind of CB transmission gone awry.