How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Well my TDEE is going down because I can't take my little walks to Starbucks to get my boss his drink anymore because they went drive thru only and now he wants to do online banking so I can't sneak some more exercise in when I go make the deposit so that's pissing me off. :p
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    idk why everyone's making such a big deal out of the quarantine and isolation smh.
    i been inside for a few days now and I'm perfectly fine. even the shadow people who live in the walls are agreeing with me

No joke, i got up to pee last night and kept seeing people in the shadows out of the corner of my eye. That hasn’t happened to me in many years. I don’t like it.

funny enough those types are called "peepers" and ur supposed to pretend you didn't see them otherwise they can

That’s exactly what i do. I make myself act normally. Don’t look, dont run. 🤷‍♀️

Do you hear voices from under the stairs?

Only once about twenty years ago. But not from under the stairs. I’ve decided it was some kind of CB transmission gone awry.

CB or ham? ;)
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    idk why everyone's making such a big deal out of the quarantine and isolation smh.
    i been inside for a few days now and I'm perfectly fine. even the shadow people who live in the walls are agreeing with me

No joke, i got up to pee last night and kept seeing people in the shadows out of the corner of my eye. That hasn’t happened to me in many years. I don’t like it.

funny enough those types are called "peepers" and ur supposed to pretend you didn't see them otherwise they can

That’s exactly what i do. I make myself act normally. Don’t look, dont run. 🤷‍♀️

Do you hear voices from under the stairs?

Only once about twenty years ago. But not from under the stairs. I’ve decided it was some kind of CB transmission gone awry.

CB or ham? ;)

I’m going with CB. I lived close to an expressway and it was probably a trucker coming through my stereo speakers
  • Amanda_mermaid
    Amanda_mermaid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I’m gonna try my hand at making those cloth masks...told my family not to expect it to look the greatest lol. Buuuttt on a side note there’s not been any hallucinations or voices yet....yet. I’m feeling caged in the house pretty bad so I’m sure it’s on it’s way hahaha
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    By no means I want to undermine the respect of the deaths.

But I am totally upset by politicians lack of perspective. They just panicked. Unlike JAPAN that handled it way better, IMO - no panic there.

Don't they realize that severe influenza (not the common flu) KILLS 290 000 to 650 000 persons year after year?

At the end of the current episode/year, we might be in the surreal situation where

[nb of cases covid-19 deaths ] + [nb of case of influenza deaths ] <<< [average of influenza deaths in the last years]

Now we see this very mess.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8155805/Unemployment-claims-rise-time-high-3-28-MILLION.html

I had to proceed to massive lay-offs and I am still under shock. All this money means HUGE debts and tax increases. What the hell are they thinking?

Just my opinion.

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I have discovered just how uncomfortable my home office chair is (ok, it's a dining room table chair). So I ordered a nice new office chair to be delivered to my home and charged it to my work account. I figure if I'm expected to put in 8 hours a day from home I should be comfortable doing it. Although technically we could get away with being "essential" (as my boss has reminded me several times). He's just mad because he has a mental block about working from home so is going into the office but keeping the doors locked and a sign up that we aren't open and, therefore, has no one to talk to.

Never mind that my doctor does not want me out and about due to some blood issues putting me in a higher risk category.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    saintor1 wrote: »
    By no means I want to undermine the respect of the deaths.

But I am totally upset by politicians lack of perspective. They just panicked. Unlike JAPAN that handled it way better, IMO - no panic there.

Don't they realize that severe influenza (not the common flu) KILLS 290 000 to 650 000 persons year after year?

At the end of the current episode/year, we might be in the surreal situation where

[nb of cases covid-19 deaths ] + [nb of case of influenza deaths ] <<< [average of influenza deaths in the last years]

Now we see this very mess.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8155805/Unemployment-claims-rise-time-high-3-28-MILLION.html

I had to proceed to massive lay-offs and I am still under shock. All this money means HUGE debts and tax increases. What the hell are they thinking?

Just my opinion.

There'd be millions of deaths annually, via the severe influenza if: 1st it was new, thus there'd be no immunity & 2nd there wasn't any vaccine, as' the case with this virus.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Everything is closed here. Restaurants are take-out or delivery only. At first the grocery stores were wiped out of bread, meat, toilet paper, sanitizer, etc. People have calmed down a bit. You still might not be able to find exactly what you usually buy but you can get something. I still take my daily walk. I'm retired so no kids home just husband under foot 😁 . The thing that bothers hubby most is you can't get the same answer from officials - social distancing, isolation, what can we do or not do, what should we do or not do, who can get tested, who can't. He's very close to the 70 year old threshold. I'm not there yet. In any case I'm trying to keep my routine as normal as I can. I have read online library books for years. I'm also an avid knitter.

Shirley from Northern NY

Its probably because the city is struggling, but there are alot of areas in NY that are very rural and still fairly untouched. I am glad that so far the US has been letting more local authorities make decisions. Timing is important and different areas have different needs right now.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ilb6 wrote: »
    Schools are shut down
    We are getting a curfew
    Stores are all emptying out

Los Angeles for ya

Holy cow...
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    I’ve been disturbed by this new phrase I keep hearing over and over on the news: “coffin fever”. I am astonished that the media are so callously using this term as a way to describe the critical cases turning up to hospitals around the world. Disgusting. “At this hospital in Italy, people are turning up in hordes with coffin fever”. Such low class journalism, already writing them off as walking dead and giving it a catchy but gruesome-

Ohhh they’re saying cough and fever.

I’m gonna sit back down now

You had me
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I’ve been disturbed by this new phrase I keep hearing over and over on the news: “coffin fever”. I am astonished that the media are so callously using this term as a way to describe the critical cases turning up to hospitals around the world. Disgusting. “At this hospital in Italy, people are turning up in hordes with coffin fever”. Such low class journalism, already writing them off as walking dead and giving it a catchy but gruesome-

...... it must have been their 'West Dakota' accent throwing you off.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wellllll there goes daycare.....
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

...... it must have been their 'West Dakota' accent throwing you off.

*Best
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Yet another species affected: Been looking at a horse for a couple weeks and we were able to still finalize the sale and pick her up yesterday. Old owner was relieved since her husband just got laid off and her hours were getting cut drastically. I don't want to look at the sale sights and see all the people being forced to sell their horse right now due to the financial impact. I really hope the horse community tries to come together and help each other out and we don't see a big spike in neglect cases, they aren't cheap animals to take care of.

I have heard some people dumping their animals recently. So sad! I know a lady who runs a horse rescue locally who would regularly save neglected and starving horses even before this whole situation went down.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I was gonna go to an Optometrist to get new glasses next month, for my birthday since my glasses're ridiculously bent beyond repair, via when I 1st got them & wasn't use to'ving them, thereby I'd misplace them, sit upon them, drop them or step upon them. Whom knows if/when that'll happen now.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Hm, my country has the dubious honor of registering the first confirmed case of Covid19 in a cat!
    My BF and I have probably had the virus and we have two cats, but they seem fine fortunately.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

You had me

I had ME! This is a true story. For a day or so I was extremely bothered by it 😬

😂