How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,044 Member
    Options
    A small stupid thing.....my kids are maniacs with TP. I had to start buying single ply Scott tp at some point. Like, they go to a friends house and will be like “the smith’s have such nice tp!” “Well, if you didn’t use so much and plug the toilet up 86 times a day maybe you’d have nice tp too”
    Well we’ve had to get whatever kind at the store now and they are back at their sick games. 😩 What is wrong with these people?
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Ohh 2020...what a mess
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    tovq1ov74dr5.jpg

If this year had a face it would be this
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I have gained so much weight I’m afraid to step on the scales.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Well. I’m fatter. And less happy. Those things might be related.

My children and I have been home together for weeks now.

I’m less patient with extremism and straw man arguments even if I agree with the underlying reasons, and I am calling it out where my energy permits. I know it is sometimes perceived as angry or hostile in spite of my having genuine affection for many of the people I’m talking to and despite my best efforts to be calm and factual. It’s what my conscience requires.

I’m also trying to be kinder to people I’m only meh about because they deserve kindness before they die.

Eta: and I’m buying houseplants the way other people buy toilet paper
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    I haven't gotten gas in a month. I've lost weight because I don't need excess calories being in a one bedroom apartment lol. I do take brisk walks and runs every so often. I've been catching up and binge watching shows I thought I would never finish. Playing video games I never thought u would get the time to play. More sleep and my stress levels have been on an all time low since early March. So many wonderful benefits.
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    Haven't spoken to another person face-to-face for 2-wks. In another wk, I'll go food shopping, which will be about 24-days without human contact.

I'm actually nervous about seeing another person. Do I say 'hello'... keep my head down & an 8' distance just to be sure, nod, wave & smile through my mask?

Geez... as an introvert, who's not always comfortable around others, this isolation is making me want to go out less & less rather than craving contact. If I weren't a girl & worried about safety, I'd walk a few miles outdoors at 3am, just to ensure I didn't come across another human.

I'm trying not to be weird... but I feeling pretty freakin' weird.

giphy.gif

There's an app for that

I have not had any close contact with anyone for a month...just online messages, phone calls and video chats
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    I have gained so much weight I’m afraid to step on the scales.

Haha it's okay I hear many people are Fat and Happy Now and are enjoying it!!
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    AquaMeow wrote: »
    I haven't gotten gas in a month. I've lost weight because I don't need excess calories being in a one bedroom apartment lol. I do take brisk walks and runs every so often. I've been catching up and binge watching shows I thought I would never finish. Playing video games I never thought u would get the time to play. More sleep and my stress levels have been on an all time low since early March. So many wonderful benefits.

Same here. And, I feel slightly guilty in saying that this lockdown has taken away the bulk my stress... been interviewing for a long time with no luck, so now that I'm not pummeling the world with CVs 15-hrs/day (no kidding), for the 1st time in a long time, I feel some peace. Worried, but not stressed to the nth degree, as per usual.

Like you, I'm slowly losing weight... I'm a stress non-eater & also rationing to cut down having to go out for food. I'm stretching shopping to every 3-4 wks.

Also, it's of benefit to not think I have it worse or better than others. We're all affected, in varying ways. It can be depressing to be alone... but, I'd imagine irritating at times, to be with others 24/7.

Be well.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Quote thingy not working. But I have the same issue as the previous poster - I'm losing weight, not gaining. And I'm already at maintenance, so I don't need or want to lose. Also losing my fitness - used to lots of long distance outdoors exercise and those days are gone. It's depressing.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Working from home, curfew affecting my outdoor walks, lost some customers, cancelled an overseas trip, unable to attend church in the usual way, doctor cancelled my appointment, upset about a friend who can't have her scheduled brain surgery done, shopping restricted, salary cut, .......

Didn't even realize the list was so long until I started typing!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    I'm jaywalking a lot more!
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    It's now Month 2 of Quarantine. Anyone traveling soon?
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The negative: I'm super stressed out between working 70ish hours a week out of the house (anxious about bringing COVID home to my kids) and homeschooling 4 kids (currently failing 6th grade math🙋‍♀️🤦‍♀️).

The positive: I'm still employed and working out of the house a lot ( I can pretty much have as much OT as I want), which means I'm not stuck at home 24/7 with 4 kids.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    The negative: I'm super stressed out between working 70ish hours a week out of the house (anxious about bringing COVID home to my kids) and homeschooling 4 kids (currently failing 6th grade math🙋‍♀️🤦‍♀️).

The positive: I'm still employed and working out of the house a lot ( I can pretty much have as much OT as I want), which means I'm not stuck at home 24/7 with 4 kids.

marh is hard.

...... so is speling.