Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low calorie or low carb what really works?

DMTlovesyouDMTlovesyou Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
Im so confused about what really is the best and healthiest way to eat for weight loss and health.

Replies

• lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,287 Member Member Posts: 5,287 Member
    If "low calorie"=calorie deficit, that works.

Of course, if "low carb"=calorie deficit, that also works.

Low carb and low cal are not really different and opposing things, inherently.

Are you desiring to do low carb? Is there something about it that appeals to you? If so, try it (but know many people successful at low carb also count cals and anyone successful has reduced cals and created a calorie deficit, with or without counting).

Also, know that calorie deficit does not require "low cal" in the sense of 1200 (or, worse, lower), but just lower than whatever your maintenance may be.
    edited March 19
  • psychod787psychod787 Member, Premium Posts: 3,340 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,340 Member
    Chicken or the egg... 🙄
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,937 Member Member Posts: 8,937 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    eat less calories than you burn

low carb works for some because they find fat satiates them; high protein works for others for same reason

Too easy. Simple not possible.

Keto works, also vegan works. Since they both work, keto vegan and you will lose weight double fast.

I thought I was sarcastic...😉

You have no idea :) at least you know how to read unlike couple others that pressed the wrong button ;)

Vegan Keto? I'm not one to put down an eating style, but that just sounds horrid! Right up there with carnivore!😱
    I honestly did not think, even for a second, that this was actually a thing.

https://www.onnit.com/academy/vegan-keto-diet/
    edited March 20
    Oh, it's a hot new thing. We've had a few threads about it.
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Some people just like to make things as difficult as possible! Apparently! 😂

I’m waiting for the ‘Plant Based Carnivore Plan’ to hit the magazine covers!

LOL
  • psychod787psychod787 Member, Premium Posts: 3,340 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,340 Member

Nothing but beyond burgers and soy chicken nuggets... I cringe...😩
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,937 Member Member Posts: 8,937 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

(Warning: Cynic mode on.)

I think it's just another instance of the sin and retribution model of weight loss. We got fat; we are bad people; we must suffer to expiate our sins; we must eat WFPB carnivore keto on an 23:45/00:15 intermittent fasting schedule cutting out all white foods, alcohol, and anything we personally think tastes good; while hitting the gym 6 hours a day to do HIIT and the heaviest possible lifting to failure!

Lasts about 5 minutes, confirms sense of sin and failure, "fall off wagon" for a few months and eat/drink All The Things, . . . then rinse and repeat.

(/cynic).

Sigh.

For clarity: No criticism of specific food regimens intended, to the extent that people find those regimens let them eat a well-rounded balanced diet in a way that's easier and pleasant for them. Or exercise regimens that are enjoyable, and provide some semi-rational route to health and fitness. It's the "suffer to pay for sin" model I'm railing about.

Soooooooooooo much this.