April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,101 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I have thought about buying stuff, putting it in the car, and going back in to get more. I shop by myself, so can't send someone else in. I'm hoping things will get better soon and the limits will be removed...or at least increased. The thing besides paper products that we are having a hard time finding are bread flour and yeast. I guess there is an upsurge in bread making.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    4/2 – 5.04 miles
    4/3 – 3.15
    4/4 – 11
    4/6 – 2.4
    4/7 – 5.18

26.77 miles total

I thought it was going to be a rainy day yesterday but it turned out to be sunny in the morning and cloudy but no rain in the afternoon which allowed me to head to our little park and get my run in. The trail there is only 1 mile so it involved multiple loops. I was the only person in the park except on my 3rd loop I saw a couple with a dog but then they were gone by the time I looped around again. I was pleasantly surprised that no kids were on the playground equipment. It’s not roped off and no signs are up saying it is closed. I guess people are finally using some common sense.

@katharmonic – I got my Week 1 marathon done also – barely! I need to pay closer attention to my mileage.
    @kgirlhart – way to rock that 10k! Those are awesome splits!
    @camaramandy648 – umm, when do you sleep? I like your “hope” list!
    @hanlonsk – yay for sisters! I’m not sure about that mac n cheese and hot dogs? The only other place I’ve seen that even referenced before was on an episode of Big Bang Theory!
    @quilteryoyo – Would it be possible for you to check out with your say 2 limited items, take them to the car and then return to shop again? I know it’s not ideal spending double-time in the store but at least you would get it all done in one outing.
    Sorry about the fishing @Tramboman
    @skippygirlsmom – It’s so good to see you back here! Glad Skip is doing better.

Be smart and stay safe everyone!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I have thought about buying stuff, putting it in the car, and going back in to get more. I shop by myself, so can't send someone else in. I'm hoping things will get better soon and the limits will be removed...or at least increased. The thing besides paper products that we are having a hard time finding are bread flour and yeast. I guess there is an upsurge in bread making.

I have also hit 3 different locations in one run. But that is rare. My son is a good pack mule so handy to have on these trips. :)

Adapt. Improvise. Overcome.

Age-old principles are still solid. :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,020 Member
    Options
    April Goal: 100 Miles

4/1: 5.16 miles
    4/2: 5.15 miles
    4/5: 9.02 miles
    4/7: 6.22 miles
    4/8: 5.51 miles

31.06/100 miles completed for April

342.45/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I ran 5.5 miles this morning. It was a really nice run. I tried to run "easy" and I ended up a little faster than what I calculate easy should be. But if I was just going by feel and not looking at my pace on my watch I would have said it was easy. Maybe easy is just faster for me than it used to be. It was already 70°F this morning and pretty humid so it felt kind of hot and summery. But it was still good.

Thanks for your kind words on my run yesterday @marisap2010 and @Teresa502.

@hanslock My mom used to make mac and cheese and hot dogs all the time when I was a kid. But she usually cooked the hot dogs in barbecue sauce before mixing them into the mac and cheese.

Our stores around here are still pretty hit or miss on a lot of items. They have limited some items to one per customer and I think that helps. But hand sanitzer, lysol spray and clorox wipes are hard to find. And there is no yeast at either one of our grocery stores.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    5/16/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon 🤞
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 thanks. She’s doing great, ran her first marathon in March in Atlanta, working, going to school, dating some boy ha ha, life is good.

@quilteryoyo I never thought about the limit and how it affects people who are shopping for others. So I was able to buy 3 of water because I brought 2 gallons and 1 case (which is what I normally buy), he said that was okay, but I can’t buy 3 toilet paper doing the same thing. Not that I need 3 but you get what I’m saying. Skip tells me I’m a diet coke and dog treat hoarder, I told her too bad ha ha.

@noblsheep handstand progression plan, sounds interesting what’s that all about?

@hanlonsk great sister and I’m 100% behind your food choice. I had a hotdog for dinner last night, but I found these Nathan dogs that come wrapped in pretzel dough in the frozen food section. Love them! Plus I finally found ketchup so life is good in my little world

@Tramboman When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made? I’ll be back to my 120 – 140 a month in mileage and back to my 10 min pace.

@Scott6255 Skip just walked in from her run and I said “is it raining?” she said no it’s sweat. Yipes
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 thanks. She’s doing great, ran her first marathon in March in Atlanta, working, going to school, dating some boy ha ha, life is good.

@quilteryoyo I never thought about the limit and how it affects people who are shopping for others. So I was able to buy 3 of water because I brought 2 gallons and 1 case (which is what I normally buy), he said that was okay, but I can’t buy 3 toilet paper doing the same thing. Not that I need 3 but you get what I’m saying. Skip tells me I’m a diet coke and dog treat hoarder, I told her too bad ha ha.

@noblsheep handstand progression plan, sounds interesting what’s that all about?

@hanlonsk great sister and I’m 100% behind your food choice. I had a hotdog for dinner last night, but I found these Nathan dogs that come wrapped in pretzel dough in the frozen food section. Love them! Plus I finally found ketchup so life is good in my little world

@Tramboman When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made? I’ll be back to my 120 – 140 a month in mileage and back to my 10 min pace.

@Scott6255 Skip just walked in from her run and I said “is it raining?” she said no it’s sweat. Yipes

Your distance and pace goals are great!!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @Tramboman need to get back to where I was a couple years ago
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman need to get back to where I was a couple years ago

Don't we all...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @bearly63 Teddy! <3
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Your daughter's increased vocabulary comment made me giggle.

@hanlonsk Great sister! I got a message from a friend in Seattle looking for lysol spray or something similar. But I couldn't ship aerosols via UPS. She ended up getting some wipes thank goodness. I also mailed tylenol to a lady in NYC.

@Tramboman Sorry the fishing got messed up. That sounds like a peaceful past time right now!

@quilteryoyo I have flour and was able to score some yeast last week so I am going to attempt bread today. It's supposed to be an easy recipe ..... we shall see.

@Camaramandy648 So impressed with your son's perspective! We tried to watch 1917 last week but it only had the option to purchase for $20. Waiting till we can rent. Need to check back again this weekend.

Instead we watched Toy Story 4. (Yes my kids are 24 and 22) but we all agreed that we needed light and cute. Tbh, it creeped me out. I was never a doll person growing up. There are a lot of creepy dolls in the movie, esp. Gabby Gabby and the ventriloquist dummies. Nightmare material.

@PastorVincent Great advice. We are all going to look at shopping so differently in the future. I am definitely getting more creative with what I have.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @bearly63 Teddy! <3

Teddy is awesome!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,101 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I have thought about taking one load to the car and going back, but it feels like cheating to me. Not sure why, as I actually wouldn't be.

Glad you had a good run @kgirlhart.

Awwww! @bearly63 Teddy is adorable!

• skippygirlsmom
    Options

@skippygirlsmom hahahaha I haven't had to pee in the woods yet because there are bathrooms on the trails everywhere. Except this past weekend. I think I'm gonna have to do it again this weekend.... I went for the 10K. I really, really, really had to shove back the thoughts of "No, you should do the marathon or at least half marathon distances because 10K isn't ENOUGH." The thing is, it IS enough. ANY effort is good. ANY distance is good. ONE MILE would be fine. I want to be home with my kids as much as I can since I'm working so much. 10K is fine!

@Camaramandy648 Some of our trails have bathrooms at the trail head but nothing once you go out, some have porta potties, I always make sure I have tissue and a zip lock in my pack. ;)