April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,020 Member
    Options
    Great job on your run @quilteryoyo . I hope everything works out with your cousin. That's a tough spot to be in.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

I had to cut my cool down walk a little bit short due a family crisis. I have a cousin that is in the hospital, mental status related. He and his son are estranged, so my dad and I are his next of kin. Since dad can't really hear on the phone, I'm it. The hospital called and they are getting ready to discharge him from the hospital, even though he is still not in a good place cognitively speaking. So, I'm having to help find a rehab facility for him to go to and try to figure out if I can get access to his finances with him in an altered state, and figure out what to do long term if he is unable to live on his own again. Anyway, that's probably way TMI. I'm just stressing a bit.
    @quilteryoyo I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, you have a lot on your plate, remember to take care of yourself. Hugs.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    Options
    4/1- 8.2
    4/2- 6.4
    4/3- 3.5
    4/4- 4.2
    4/5- 7
    4/6- 4.2
    4/7- 4
    4/8- 5.2

= 42.7 running miles in April so far!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    On the shopping. I haven't been to the stores for a while. We had our last order delivered and got most of what we wanted. Some things seem to just be perennially out of stock now though like hamburger buns and frozen vegetables 🤷🏻‍♀️ as well as any kind of hand sanitizers or wipes. They have told us no shopping at all unless absolutely necessary for the next 2 weeks at least. I have been trying to get an order in for a few things for our Easter dinner, the stores appear to have what I need but I cannot get a delivery slot. I have even tried at midnight because sometimes they release a slot at different times. We have plenty of food and don't really need anything and as my husband said if we don't have a fancy Easter dinner it will be ok. It isn't worth getting frustrated or upset about.

@katharmonic - as soon as I can get back into the gym I will start working on those pull-ups. I don't have any kind of bar (tree branch?) to practice on at home.
    @kgirhart - Awesome job on your run!
    @camaramandy648 - I love your 'hopes'! Could your son FaceTime or something similar with his friends to get a little social time in to help with his feelings of isolation? I had a Webex lunch with some of my friends on Monday and it really helped me.
    @hanlonsk - that looks like what I ate all through college!
    @noblsheep - someone else here did a handstand challenge a while back. Maybe @Orphia? We expect to see pictures of how the challenge is going!
    @bearly63 - I am in love with Teddy and the name fits him so well! I suspect you will be visiting him often. Hope the walk didn't make your leg sore!
    @faebert - so glad you didn't fall!
    @quilteryoyo - I sent you a PM. We dealt with a similar situation with our elderly neighbor the first time she fell a few years back. If you didn't get it let me know. Sometimes it doesn't seem to work unless you are 'friends' first.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,101 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I did not get a PM. I'll send you a friend request.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep handstand progression plan, sounds interesting what’s that all about?
    shanaber wrote: »
    @noblsheep - someone else here did a handstand challenge a while back. Maybe @Orphia? We expect to see pictures of how the challenge is going!

I'm following this progression here - only on day 3 so still doing the second step lol. I have very little upper body strength to begin with so this is probably going to take months or upwards of a year... I'll get some pictures up when (if?) progress is being made.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, managing to jump on here this morning for a change. A beautiful sunrise run with the tail end of last night’s pink moon today. Didn’t get a pic but it was lovely entertainment for me as I ran without music or company. I’m not sure if I’m just more aware of it but there’s been some really beautiful days this spring. It’s like Mother Nature is kicking our a**es right now but she’s really doing it in style!

@shanaber - sounds like you have the perfect attitude to shopping during this time. But it is really frustrating when you can’t get basics purely due to people panicking!

@katharmonic - big congrats to you and your PhD student, that’s great news!

@kgirlhart - fab run!

@quilteryoyo - sorry to hear about your cousin and hope you are managing.

Big hugs and high fives to everyone. Keep safe xx

April goal: 75 miles
    April total: 32.5 miles

1/4: 3.6 miles
    2/4: 3.7 miles
    3/4: 3.5 miles
    4/4: 4.1 miles
    5/4: 3.5 miles
    6/4: 3.6 miles
    7/4: 3.5 miles
    8/4: 3.5 miles
    9/4: 3.5 miles

March: 76.4 m
    February: 17.8 m
    January: 0

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @simcon1 - that's great that you are participating in an immunity study. When I hear about things like that I get hopeful. I know the medical and scientific community are doing so much more than we hear about.

@noblsheep that is cool - I might try that handstand progression. @orphia definitely did something like that - she may be a handstand pro at this point.

@shanaber and anyone else, there are pull-up progression plans out there too. This is one site I've looked at and is similar to some of the things my trainer had me work on to get to a pull-up https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/do-a-pull-up/

Thank you so much @Faebert

@quilteryoyo I meant to reply yesterday as well and say I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. So stressful. Please do take care of yourself.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

@shanaber and anyone else, there are pull-up progression plans out there too. This is one site I've looked at and is similar to some of the things my trainer had me work on to get to a pull-up https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/do-a-pull-up/

Oooo I need to check that out