WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Powder sugar Falafel 🧆 recipe has bananas in it https://quicheaweek.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/sweet-baked-falafel/

It’s one of the weird things they serve out here it’s actually good! German town here serves them they made it their own lol . I also like their fried bread desserts with powdered sugar there too. It’s served at carnival 🎡 to fairs here y holiday touristy things.

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Warning, Peach! - virus talk:

Machka
    LOL! well, the Tasmanian government certainly doesn't seem to be at all concerned about the largest reservoir of SARS-CoV-2 (asymptomatic infected people).

So...the Tasmanian government's message is "you don't have to wear a mask to protect yourself from COVID-19".

Yep. That's true!

You have to wear a mask only if you are interested in protecting others from your glitter. If you don't feel like doing that, just leave that pesky mask at home!

Geez.

How irresponsible.

Like I said before, "the optimistic & healthy among us will doom the vulnerable".

I guess if we don't actually see the deaths of the people we kill by not wearing a mask, we can be in denial about it & it doesn't bother us. :#:#:#

>>>

Lisa So sorry for your hubby and his sister. Lost my dad & my sister this way.

>>>

Heather Did you enjoy 'The A Word'? I might watch it. Are there more than 2 seasons?

>>>

Karen in Virginia,
    who doesn't think wearing a mask is an inconvenience

::::::::::
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Karen- The mask still offers the wearer some protection from spit droplets 💧..just not the aerosol spray of it all unless it’s N95.It protects children to elderly around you.

Papa john pizza selling masks now
    https://the-john-h-schnatter-family-foundation.revv.co/storefront/

Amber Tx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Barbie - pizza is the only food delivery we are allowing in the nursing home so it is probably the safest bet.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Katla – I like the True Lemon and Lime. Have both in my pantry. Great for enhancing the lemon/lime flavor. Sometimes I add the lemon to water to give it a flavor.

Carol GA – I usually just skip over the posts about COVID. I just find it interesting when someone posts stats of what the numbers are like in the different states and countries. Other than that, I prefer to be optimistic in that this will all be over soon.

Laughing – please stop in often and tell us about your meals. I, for one, would be interested.

Lanette – we also have really clay soil, the red clay stuff. We have found that there’s a cleaner, KrudKutter for Red Clay that works fantastic. Nothing else will get the red clay out, you can even use it on clothes. You have to order it on the internet but you can pick it up at Lowes Hardware. Why they don’t stock it here is a mystery to me. I would think it would be a great seller once word got out about how good it is. Our financial advisor talked about buying and we told him to go for it

Someone told me that using coffee filters works in masks. What do you all think?

Heather – I totally agree with you about immunity. When I was growing up, a/c was an open window. Vince had a/c growing up and I must say that he seems to be more susceptible to illness. And he doesn’t eat a wide variety of food, exercise is non existent, his weight is decent now, fruits? Very little, VERY little, he’s on about 5 different medications (he has a printout of all his meds that he give to the MD/hosp when he needs to)

In a way I wish I could garden. But I live vicariously thru all you ladies who do great at gardening

A friend went to this ceramics place in SC and brought back for me what I had ordered. Honestly, I wouldn’t have gone myself. At least not for a while.

Nanners – how interesting that you mentioned the amaryllis. A friend of mine was here (Vince is helping her with a new monitor), she’s a master gardener, and she said that the leaves on these plants I have look like amaryllis. To my knowledge, I’ve never planted an amaryllis. Guess we shall see if something blooms or not

Barbara – thanks so much for that falafel recipe. I think I can get that into Vince and he won’t know he’s eating garbanzo beans as long as he doesn’t see me putting them in. I will have to alter it some since I don’t do artificial sweeteners. Then again, he won’t eat anything with raisins in it. Can’t do coconut oil so I’ll probably use canola oil instead. Wish it had the nutritionals, but I can put it into the recipe maker-thing here at MFP and get them.

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Barbie - when we got pizzas I picked up the boxes with gloved hands, opened it, not touching the pizza and got the pizza out with a fish slice without touching it at all. I had the plates ready. Took the gloves off and washed my hands.

Karen - I've very much been enjoying it. So far 2 series and I've just finished the first one. The boy is amazing! The mother really gets on my nerves. :p Love the scenery.

My Norwegian series has finished, but a new one starts next week. I still can hardly understand a word. :p

Barbara - It was 72° in the afternoon the other day. Too hot for me for running. I went out before 8 am. today on a cooler day. It was decidedly chilly. :o I was definitely under dressed.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    @wizzywig We actually had a great time on that cruise, which was our first one. We enjoyed all the onboard activities, and I ticked off quite a few items on my bucket list. We have done 2 further cruises, both to Norway. One to see the Northern Lights, and then a second one for our 50th wedding anniversary in July 2016. We treated ourselves to a suite for that one.

We had planned to book another cruise later this year, but have put that on the back burner because if Covid 19. I don’t think cruise ships are a healthy place to be at the moment.
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Still catching up…so grateful to wake up to you wonderful women!! Welcome Newbies that I have not reached out to yet!! I am hit with how easy it is to spot the beauty in the world around us with this slower paced life! Also, surprised at my lack of tolerance for the people who continue to put lives at risk. Especially upset at all the essential workers whose lives’, and the lives of their families, are put in danger because others do not think the quarantine is “fair”. This seems like an American entitlement issue. All the demonstrations – many without social distancing or masks…the death tolls are sure to rise again.

Heather I’m sad for you as I see your itinerary for the trip you missed. I hope you get your refund soon! I know I will have a hard time as it gets closer to when we were supposed to go visit our family. We had to postpone our family reunion to next year. Sad for me as I miss the children and grandchildren (last saw the Florida gang at the wedding in MI last November). Summer 2021 seems so far away for seeing everyone!

SuziQ I laughed so hard at the night club stamp!!

Sue Beautiful kitties! I am all over the place trying to catch up…forward, backward, sideways…

Well...I am really far behind now!! I got down about my doggy. He is hobbling around okay, but it is tough knowing what is coming and I love him…and he is such an incredibly good doggy! This is life, and I know that, I just do not always like this part. I am eternally grateful for the wonderful friendship we have. I will not forget that. Afraid I am aware how accepting and faithful pets are compared to people. I am blessed with wonderful friendships and a great family, but something about my greyhounds over the years…I DO know how blessed I am though, and I hope I do not appear ungrateful!!…

Hope everyone is doing okay!! Health, love and safety to All! <3 Luci in WNC
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Our supper: Roast beef with mushroom gravy, half baked potato, bi-color corn, green beans and a blueberry muffin made with Kodiak cakes meal
    Nancy in Texas
  • nannersp61
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I had a non scale victory this morning. I tried on my engagement ring and it fit! Today's a good day for a good day!
    zmcqd1zm40wx.jpg
    Love ya all!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington

Losing weight has that effect. My wedding ring is very loose. I usually stuff the underside with rolled up bit of paper so it doesn't slip off. I have lost it several times, thankfully recovering it each time.
    The last time I lost it, I was in Michigan packing treasures, sorting photos and bagging up trash in my mother's old residence. I left to return to her current apartment for supper, looked down and realized my ring was gone! I dashed out, jumped back into my car to go through various piles, trash, boxes, finally locating it in a chest packed with mom's Christmas decorations. It was inside a box of trinkets. Now whenever I work packing boxes, gardening, doing any deep cleaning, my ring gets stored in a safe place. I don't need that kind of stress in my life!🤪😭🙄
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Nanner they make plastic ring covers to fit your finger better without damaging (nice cause if you swell up their removable!)
    Ring Adjusters (I use one on many of my rings)
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Easy-Ring-Adjusters-3-sizes/137797845

Amber Tx

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    ========
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Very, very windy here today. I am glad Pip does not have to ride her bike to work today. Horses are in the back yard pasture grazing. We got our hole in the arena filled up and the goats are turned out there. DD has mowed the lawn and I did some trimming. My wedding ring is not loose but the ring I inherited from my DGM is. I have started wearing it on a different finger. I have started an afghan for my DD's friend. I think it will turn out nicely.

Welcome to the newbies.

Meg _ Good to see you again here.

Sharon - The traveling nurse who is renting the cabin from us was previously in Issaquah.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • nannersp61
    Options
    For any not familiar with Sonic Drive In here's a few photosaex3aaa8sxh9.jpg
  • nannersp61
    Options