WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Meg Ohmaha - Big hugs heal up . Dermatologist scraping behind your ear sounds awful!

Amber Tx

Hungry but no clue what to eat for my last meal yet
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,119 Member
    Options
    Hey Pals! Just wanted to stop by....Life has been crazy for me. Working from home everyday is intense. We have a lot of critical contracts in the works. I think my work week is about 55 hours a week now. We have lost 2 family members and 1 family friend this month. We remain mentally and physically heathy so I'm not complaining.

Stay safe!

Tere in RVA

So sorry to hear about your losses. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    TereWilliams,

I am so sorry that you’ve lost loved ones. A friend and two family members are terrible losses. My heart aches for you. Keep yourself safe. ❤️💔❤️

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Terrewilliams I’m so sorry for your loss, stay safe, my heart is with you
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did a You Can Do Anything for a Minute DVD. This is a keeper. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yogalates Weight Loss DVD

M – we don’t have a Salvos

Heather – we see people wearing bandanas for masks. Makes you wonder. The other day I saw a guy with his mask on top of his head (don’t ask me to explain that one). I see people pulling them down all the time

My back feels much, much better today. It’s also sunny outside

Kylia – (((HUG)))

I suspect the people next to me had a fire. The other day we saw a fire truck in front of their house. Yesterday Servpro left a dumpster by their house. I’m thinking that the two are related.

The headline in the paper today is that the governor of NC has extended the stay-at-home until at least May 8. In a way, I’m glad. I just don’t want to see NC opened too soon.

Finished my c2c blanket. It’s about 30x57. Now I’m going to look online for a border. I think I found a uTube video of one which looked nice.

Tere – I’m sorry for all your losses

What are my top 3 or 4 or 5 favorite foods? The list would be much much shorter if I just listed the foods that I *DON’T* like. I will eat but would prefer not to have artificial sweetener, HATE peanut butter but peanuts are OK, not crazy about coconut, Duke’s mayo (has to be Hellmann’s), will drink coffee but prefer not to (I haven’t had a cup in many years)

You know something, when this stay-at-home thing first happened, I was going stir crazy. I was cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Now I’m getting sort-of used to it, only going to stores that I have to go to. It’s just weird.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 57.13min, 143mhr, 13.9amph, 13.23mi= 487c
    apple watch- 497c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.59min, 9.23min mi, 149mhr, .53mi= 56c
    apple watch- 54c
    Jog wrk 2 sta- 4.03min, 150mhr, 8.50min mi, .45mi= 57c
    apple watch- 60c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 15.47min, 9.8amph, 153mhr, 2.57mi= 165c
    apple watch- 144c

total cal 766
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – we don’t have a Salvos

Michele NC

Salvos is Salvation Army.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)Favorite foods whole grain bread, chicken, turkey, chocolate, peanut butter, cheddar cheese, steamed vegetables
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    So we ventured into the topic of food ...

What are your top three (or 4 or 5) favourite foods or meals?

M in Oz

In thinking about it after I wrote this question, I thought I should have added categories of foods. :)

My favourite category of food is "Mexican" but probably a bit of a Canadianised Mexican. I don't like everything but I can definitely put away enchiladas, chimichangas, burritos, tacos, tamales, taquitos ... and love refried beans and guacamole. In fact, guacamole is the only way I'll eat avocado.

Some other comfort foods include: Scottish macaroni and cheese (I say "Scottish" because the absolute best macaroni and cheese I've ever had was in Scotland), grilled cheese sandwiches, and perogies.

And then we move into desserts where my favourites are lava cake, gluten-free chocolate cake, Scottish millionaire bars and strongly flavoured chocolate ice creams.

I don't eat these things very often ... fortunately, probably. :)

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Tere W. I am so sorry for your losses.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Favorite foods

Mexican- chili rellenos, guacamole, crispy tacos, mole
    Chinese- moo shu veggie, salt and pepper calamari, fried rice
    Italian- pizza, eggplant parmesan, pasta with creamy pesto

Favorite breakfast – eggs benedict, with hash browns
    Favorite dessert – berry pie, but I am a crust snob so it must be homemade and very flaky, ice cream – especially if it has chunks in it

Drinks – unsweetened tea, and typical “chick” cocktails (if it comes with an umbrella I’ll like it), jammy red wine – especially port

Kim from N. California
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    My favorite drink - TEA!! Addicted to it since my first sip of moms cuppa. I like tea made lots of ways even.
    Favorite foods- Depends on my mood really my cravings are based on that.
    Can be steak with garlic butter a baked potato y broccoli with cheese or asparagus on the side with a buttered roll
    Can be enchiladas with a side of desert tamales y goat milk candies
    Can be a Starbucks Oreo Frappachino with a huge chunk chocolate chip cookie
    Can be something family used to make me
    Fried Rice with chicken in a sauce any with veggies of course a NY style American Fortune cookie 🥠 cause why not.
    Can be cheesecake with meat street tacos 🌮
    Duck-ala-orange used to make it for Christmas with quail stuffing
    Corn on the cob with butter bell pepper y onion
    Chocolate cake with cookies 🍪 y a tall chocolate milk shake with hamburger y fries all done to the hilt!
    Lots of foods I like being from a mixed race family I have eaten rattlesnake to homemade candies. So got wide likes
    Also like Tuscan flavored goat milk cheese spreads on puffed up toasted crackers German kind sour dough type. Also like homemade jams on those.
    I love fruit y veggies straight from the ground. I used to eat raw corn on the farm with my grandpa to keep from dehydrating while we worked in the desert 🌵.
    I love but it’s bad for me Indian fry breads !! Y falafels with powdered sugar. Flan 🍮 with Carmel y chocolate drizzled on it!
    Lots of my favs aren’t diet friendly tho lol 😂 or to my stomach condition (I pay after ouch)
    Vegan burgers Blk bean especially!!! With onion rings on it.

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Options
    sy38hg5wu7wy.png
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Favorite Foods:

Mexican: Tamales, Guacamole, Pico de Gallo
    Vietnamese: Yellow Pancake
    Italian: Shrimp Scampi, Caprese Salad
    American: Chef Salad, Cheeseburger
    Greek: Gyro, Spanakopita
    Thai: Pad Thai
    Spanish: Paella

Bonefish Grill: Mussels Josephine

And from the Land of Dee (my amazing mother):
    -Everything!
    -But especially:
    -BBQ Chicken
    -Smothered Pheasant
    -LoHeet Chuck Roast with Carrots and Potatoes
    -Wilted Spinach Salad
    -Spinach, Grapefruit, Avocado & Red Onion Salad with Catalina Dressing
    -Green Salad with Pickled Red Beets & Italian Dressing
    -Marinated Potato Salad
    -Skillet Root Vegetables
    -Cheesy Cauliflower or Broccoli
    -Grilled Sweet Corn-on-the-Cob with butter
    -French Green Beans with Almonds
    -Egg Salad
    -Fried Egg Sandwiches
    -Baked Barley
    -The Joy of Cooking's Fudge Cockaigne & Cream Caramels
    -Black Licorice

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Options
    COVID-19 Welcomes the World to Brain Injury-Type Isolation
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/concussion-is-brain-injury/202003/covid-19-welcomes-the-world-brain-injury-type-isolation

Applies to both the person with the brain injury and the carer.

This paragraph in the article especially ...

"I can watch mini-music concerts on Twitter put on to cheer us all up; I can write this piece in response to this week's StayHomeWriMo; I can join others in disseminating good information on SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19; I can virtually participate in church (something my church turned its nose up at when I suggested that it would help its downtrend and serve the disability community); I can work at my own pace without the pressures of the outside world demanding I do things their way or demand I endure early mornings, long rides on public transit to attend in-person appointments; I finally have the mental space to think about my life, what brain injury has done to it, what kind of community I'm in. And since this will be going on for about 18 months until they create and provide an effective vaccine and/or until effective treatment is found, I can work as slowly as my brain injury insists I do. I don't have to push myself to unendurable levels of fatigue. I'm still recovering from several months of pushing myself and inadequate rest. I enjoyed all the opportunities that exceeded the limits of my energy levels; but I feel so, so relieved that I can rest now. At last. Finally."

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Irish Terri Somalian Pirates! Epic Adventure! !!!
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    And I love Scottish Shortbread