WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    LISA ~ Love the photo of Levi and mom. They look so serene!

KAREN ~ Thanks for all the photos of "a view from my window." So many beautiful scenes and especially the old mill that your GGGP ran.

MACHKA ~ So sorry that you are going through such a rough time. You have had way too much on your plate and know you will be glad when the Uni classes are over.

TONYA ~ Welcome and come back often as we are a very chatty bunch who support and love each other.

HEATHER ~ You are blessed to have such a lovely family near by. The children love you and Johnny and I know you both are a blessing to them.

I actually got outside yesterday and did a little pruning among my azaleas and roses. Enjoyed it and know that it really helped my disposition! Before my knees went bad, I did almost all of the yard work and would love to be able to do more.

Carol in GA

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    TONYA welcome to our busy thread. Plenty of advice and encouragement on here NO judging though. I’m in Liverpool UK my brother lives in Ripley, I love Derbyshire.

Waiting to watch Elvis in King Creole, I was a great fan when at school. The film channe which is showing it is very interesting as it’s run by a man and his daughter from their garden shed (google talkingpictures.co.uk)

HEATHER love the picnic pics and gratitude journals. Looking forward to A Word did you watch Vav Derby Valk

MACHKA glad to see you posting again

My son has sent me a message saying he has ordered supplies for me which will be delivered on Tuesday we don’t need food so think it might be gin related as mine has all gone. He is a bit of a gin connoisseur. Well we’ll see I’ll let you know Nice to have something to look forward to

Kate UK ❤️
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Haircut- Well I can cut my own have for years actually but pregnancy I can’t y JR was so hard with a Csection.I never knew a cut to the stomach could knock one so low! As a kid I studied under Louis y Luis (Hispanic /Native American community we teach our young our skills so they have a more versatile job ethics). Pays to be mixed race. So at age 9 y up he they taught me y even had me nervously cut my Dads hair y a customer who was going to get a full head shave was a good sport. It was a barber 💈 shop not a beauty school so nope can’t do the fancy stuff just a trim. They taught me how to cut my hair like Farrah Faucet Gal does. They said I have her face shape they also taught me roaring 20’s wave cuts. That was the only gal hairdos they knew lol. They work luckily. I had long hair so they taught me how to trim with shaving tools to scissors. I shave JR hubby too we were both taught as kids.

Glenda- Sounds like you started off on the right step! The getting stranded just threw you off track is all that happens.Every day is a new day. Dust off start again! Smirnoff ice has a low alcohol content compared to the regular Smirnoff y vodka one. ABV 4.5% for Smirnoff Ice 🧊. I was born in the desert 🌵 too lol 😂 Odessa Tx used to run barefoot on the hottest days even with rattle snakes underfoot every where. Grandpa farm was goats out there so was a fun place to play.

Amber Tx

Today chicken,mayo,toast sandwiches with veggies on the side. Banana pepper on the side for lunch.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Lisa- He could be the gerber baby! So cute!

Amber Tx

Walking today knees healed but got to build myself up slowly. Hubby cutting the grass while JR being convinced fingers crossed that Daddy removing the mean old cat poop 💩! Here’s hoping JR buys it so he’ll touch grass again. He’s so finicky y hates cat poop 💩 with a passion . He wants a cat don’t see that ever working out the first time it poops he would refuse to come back in the house again. 3yr olds are weird age to begin with.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Levi is adorable!!! :bigsmile: Our local Walmart is a much smaller version of others I’ve seen. It doesn’t have a fresh food section. You can buy things that are packaged but the grocery section is small. For example, I can’t buy brown rice there but I can buy boxed cereals, Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn and Kind Bars. The pet food section is well stocked, and I am thankful for that. :ohwell:

BeUncommon aka Tonya: Welcome to a great group. You can find support and encouragement here. :smiley: I am so sorry about the recent loss of your dad. :broken_heart:

Machka: I had a black kitty long ago. She was brilliant and personable. She was murdered by a neighborhood cat poisoner. I am quite sure the man has been dead for decades and if there is reincarnation, I hope he comes back as a cat over and over again. :mad:

I have no particular plans today other than a walk in the neighborhood. I’m sure the dog will accompany me and hope DH will also come along.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Any kid or baby you know who gets a full body rash during coronavirus get to a hospital it’s a rare bad sign for kids who get it. The ones who get the rash have a high fatality rate for the virus cause their body fighting harder. Watch this to see what to look out for. Education saves lives. Our God kids to grandkids even kids we see on a daily basis whether baby sitting to a church friends grandkid we need to know this sign.
    https://youtu.be/NIuIroDcvio

Amber Tx

Stay safe. Here’s hoping this goes away or down for the summer..but it will come back in September or October so be ready for it 2nd wave. Hopefully soon a cure will be here
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Kylia-so sorry for your loss.

Sounds like most of us are still muddling through. Got flowered weeded yesterday. The three rose bushes there seem to be doing very well without any assistance from me.

My cats wanted out Friday evening and didn't come back before last call. Saturday morning, the one of them charged through the garage door first thing. Lucy (my profile pic) has yet to return. Very concerned but not much I can do. Maybe sometime today. Mainly hoping she is hurt and suffering somewhere.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💙💚💛💜
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,239 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Ginny - hope your cat comes back soonest. <3

Went for my 5k run with DH. It was cool and damp, so we reckoned there wouldn't be a crowd out. It was fine and I was able to weave my way through. We got back just in time when the drizzle turned into rain. :D It's funny, but every time I complete a run I am relieved I can still do it. It really makes my day.

Then my friend rang by appointment at 4 pm. Nice chat. We are all Zooming on Wednesday, but Gwendolen and I do chat, meet in normal times and phone independently. <3 She is getting a bit frustrated at the restrictions, as she has already had it, but, as a lawyer, she feels she has to obey the law. :|
    Brighton and Hove have not had any new confirmed cases at all for a few days. The total number still, at 376. Our city population is over 110, 000. The health authority trust, which includes another nearby big town, Haywards Heath, is counting 96 deaths, but I don't think B and H have had any. Certainly not recently. Not sure about care homes. :'( That is probably a different story.

Dinner tonight is homemade chilli from the freezer, roasted butternut squash and broccoli. Stewed plums and yogurt.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Tonya, I found this thread a few years ago after decades of thinking I could never lose weight. The things that helped me the most were making a food plan for the day and sticking to it no matter what, seeking every opportunity to be active, and becoming an active interested part of this thread so I had a community to support and encourage me.

:) Yesterday Jake decided that his new computer tank game was taking over his life and decided to delete it from his computer. I had noticed that he was spending more time on it each day, spending more money on new tanks, talking about it more, and getting more "huffy" when I tried to get his attention to tell him things. This morning he says he already feels less stressed. His new computer thing is listening to "Spotify" while he works at the computer. His music taste is different from mine but isn't something I hate.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Thanks Barbie... I have found a plan that is working great for me at the minute but it is very repetitive. I eat the same thing pretty much everyday. I do plan to shake it up a bit but right now I'm just sticking with what is working and it is food I am enjoying but have to learn to eat different types of food that will still continue to bring my weight down :)

Peachy > Thank you very much for the welcome :) Everyone seems very friendly here xo

Kate > Thank you also for the welcome :) Yeah NO judging is a good rule... xo

Katla > Thank you very much for the condolences. I am really struggling with it and instead of running to the fridge or the takeout or comfort eating everything in the house, I decided to get strength from it.. He was the strongest man I had ever met and he always worried about me (mom also) and my weight so instead of doing what I would normally do, I am doing the opposite .. xx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Buckles he yelling.We still can’t master saying bubbles gp8z096tovb0.jpeg

Got JR to touch grass again!! Hubby cut it told him he was “Cleaning it “. He missed the poop 💩 ( raccoon poop!! Not cat had huge tree nut seeds in it! Cats don’t eat fruit plums in mass quantities including the seeds!) . So I raked it all away out of sight. Then blew bubbles plus had the ball to get JR to reconsider touching the grass repeated Daddy cleaned it yeah!! He finally ran out into the grass after a long time a whole hour! I posted while we were outside he ran into the grass played around finally back inside after he had fun!! Success !! Convincing a toddler isn’t easy.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options
    I
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Tonya ~ What a lovely daughter you have. Beautiful green eyes. <3 Please add your name at the end of your posts so we can remember.

Amber ~ Glad JR touched grass! :)

Carol in GA
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    suzi > that looks delicious :)

Peachy > Thank you very much and will try to remember. Don't suppose you can set a signature for the message boards anywhere?

Tonya xx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,467 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies! <3

I decanted my "fire cider" this morning. Rebecca, it looks like your chicken broth with turmeric. :D Taste is not as hot as I thought it would be, but it still has plenty of zip. It will be great in salad dressings, and to make my nose run/eyes water when my sinuses are acting up. I'll try a teaspoon of it next time I get a sinus headache and let you know the outcome. :o

Heather - what a neat picnic with the kids and grands. Glad your son is making some progress selling the AF beverages, but what a bummer with bars and restaurants closed down. Crossing fingers relax a bit with summery sunny weather.

Regarding stimulus check - the IRS silently slipped ours into our checking account on April 15th. Had I not gone through the bank statement when I saw we had a larger balance than I anticipated, I never would have known. It is labeled "Federal Tax Refund." The IRS already had our bank account number from the refunds we get nearly every year.

Shopping at Walmart and Safeway was busier than I expected this morning, but stores still weren't that crowded. I was able to speak to a long-time checker at Walmart who said not a single cashier has gotten the virus to her knowledge, despite being with hundreds of customers each day. Only within the past week have they put up the sneeze guards and made mask wearing mandatory for employees. So something's working and I'm very grateful.

Lanette
    Rainy and windy SW WA State

Can we be Turmeric Twins?💖💛💛💛💛
    Sounds great! Every so often we used to buy sweet & sour spicy Chinese pork, and husband would get his side of Chinese hot mustard! Quite entertaining, with the sniffing, red face, and sneezing!
    💖Rebecca
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    After running out for essentials, planting some starters, mulching, wiping down everything new and putting in away, showering and in to pjs.....
    5dzlva7m8ggz.jpg

Karen, I was going to enjoy this outside but it was getting a little hot. And,, although not as breathtaking as some of the photos you've been posting this is the view from my kitchen counter. :smile:
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Heather - ah, loved those gratitude journals from the kids, as well as the pics of the whole family in your garden. Would that have ever happened pre-pandemic?

Tonya - what a beauty! You'll get used to the signature, and no, to my knowledge, there isn't one on this forum. You could do what I do for other things and keep them in a Word doc on your desktop. Like my word for the year, which I seldom remember to add at the bottom of mine. :)

Thanks for all the love going Levi's way. My daughter's children are possibly the most photographed kids in the known world. (Although Rebecca's Athena is getting right up there!) Since one of mine was born in Germany, one in Missouri and now Levi, who is her last, in Kansas, it's made me feel much more of a part of their growing up than I would have otherwise.

Wish I could say Levi looks like me... but honestly, something I seldom think about is that Kelsey is no genetic relationship to me or her dad. Corey adopted her when she was just two, and then divorced Kelsey's birthmother and married me when Kels was 17. Doesn't matter. She's our daughter and she knows it. :smiley:

Lazy afternoon after a busy morning - and yesterday was filled with chores. Time to go read a book and... maybe nap. Not sure yet.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

nicu7aw16on3.png