Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Decided to make a goulash y chili together lol. Turkey chili can, spinach 1 serving, top with diced onions,diced carrots in it,Blk beans drained,a whole can of corn with juice, 1 serving cheese. Well balanced meal.

Good enough y quick to reheat.
    Making JR his 2nd quesadilla this morning we’re still in a growth spurt. This is looking like it will be a big one. His feet grew out of his shoes y he went up to sz7 clothes so far

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    We have bought a rake, so its rake up pinecones time! We have no grass to speak of, but we do have weeds go figure. Since we have the huge trees, our place gets no direct sun.😧 Husband bought weed killer for some of the prickly large weeds.
    Today we are rich ( in our account!) Stimulus checks posted and retirement pays posted. I will get to play bank today, paying bills and spending it. Need to think of a nice 1st birthday gift for Athena Rose, she'll be 1 on the 11th.💖. Can you believe it?💖

Thanks Barbie for starting us out each month, on the right foot.... Looking down.... No, no the OTHER right!😁

I watched a YouTube video of a autopsy on a 60 year old, obese woman yesterday. Why? It is a somber reality of what fat does inside your body, how it compromises every organ. The examiner takes each organ and shows you the damage parts, and tells you what a normal organ should feel like. Its a stark wake-up call, and one I give myself every so often. I want my organs to be happy campers, free to have their spaces inside me. Not crowded, with layers of fat. I picture my liver being like some unhappy layered New Yorker in the winter. Grumbling, and whatnot. What I want my organs to feel like are nudists, just sipping on straws, lying around happily! I shall get there!
    💖Rebecca

Rebecca-

You crack me up. 😀😀😀😀 I like watching shows like that too. I sometimes have to keep hammering into my brain that eating good food and not binging on sweets really does pay off.

Athena Rose will be one already?? Can't wait to see her birthday pictures☺

Lanette
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Beth great news about your son's graduation. At a school i work at they read everyone's names for graduation (and gave them certificate last year) but in the program there were about 25 out of 130 who had * next to their name and in fine print it said they they still needed to pass an x proficiency test to finalize their diplomas.

@Rita I've got allergies too. They are not the worst ever, but i'd be happy to do without.

@Heather i'm sorry about your son's job. nice that your DIL keeps you abreast a bit. awesome about seeing the kids. Enjoy!

Did go for a walk today. I was dragging, so kept it short. Usually i easily fully walk my 1h.
    I realize i can be grateful for having easily walked an hour most days exept the week when i had the fever.

I'm gonna write gratitudes for May.

Grateful
    1. Balcony and sun 2. Quiet 3. Good fiction to read 4. Good shows to watch 5. Healthy food

Food
    1. Had a soup w cabbage onion curry+olive oil and gomasio and homemade chocolate maple tahini spread on a few crackers for dessert. yum

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ++DONE TODAY
    -walked some
    -tracked food and kept under calorie goal
    -read some short stories by Truman Capote
    -turned off wifi at night and slept well
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    ))))
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for the new thread.

Let's hope May is a fresh start for my fitness and weight loss! We can do this!

Annie in Delaware B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Rebecca: It’s hard to believe it’s a year since Athena Rose was born.
    Janetr: Con very congrats 🥳 on new granddaughter. 👶🏻 Cute babies are always a joy to behold.

Still no Machka? That’s a worry!

☘️ Irish Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I envy your planned “picnic” with the grands. I’ve seen my grandchildren through the magic of the internet, and I am very grateful for that blessing. We have no opportunity to see them “live and in person.” We simply live too far apart. :ohwell:

Rebecca: You have the gift of humor and the ability to make sense of things. WTG!!! :star:

Rita: Happy pollen=happy bees. I hope you will be able to enjoy a bit of honey after suffering from the pollen. :wink:

SuziQ: Steamed Vegetables is fabuous I’m forwarding it to family members. :heart:

I hope we are all able to find joy in these challenging times. The humor among this group is a gift I cherish. Thank you to SuziQ and others’ who’ve given us a reason to smile.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr OMG!!! She.Is.Beautiful!!! Lydia Lucille is Loverly. <3<3<3