WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    @bertiebassett127, if you look to the top of any page, just over the page numbers, there is a single star. Select that star, and you've bookmarked the thread. You've joined the group merely by posting, please come back often and join the conversation wherever you feel comfortable!

Lisa in AR
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    (((Kylia))) So sorry. For you and your poor husband. So glad he got some time with her.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    Kylia - sending you strength and peace at this time. <3

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    ju1notke1tqz.png
    Kylia and Family
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited May 2020
    Welcome New comers

MIL- Sorry for your loss big air hugs 🤗

Karen- She looks so cute in her wig let’s hope this is the last of her Chemos . My Mom always said she felt more in her heart for the kids getting chemo than herself because their so small. Mom didn’t have big words but she had a big heart.

Amber Tx

Cut my hair 💇‍♀️
    b9sz7118wlz6.jpeg
    d6iq7psgal5p.jpeg

Brandin Hicks of Austin Tx here 25yes old wouldn’t social distance pushed an older cop in the water ! Almost hit his head on the wood dock. Already rowdy drinking young crowd issues hope they don’t have to shut down all their parks again. Yes the Hick was arrested. https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/lake-austin-ranger-pushed-into-water-suspect-arrested-viral-video/269-a1de4da3-be68-4c28-8d05-e841458d3855
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :'(<3Kylia, so sorry for your loss.
  • 1948Peachy
    Heather ~ I love the wisteria hanging over the fence but must tell you if it starts creeping into your yard, it will take over. My MnL planted some at the back of our house and it eventually took over and killed all the trees behind us.

Karen ~ Those are long work hours. Take care.

Michele ~ If Denise forgets to Skype, perhaps you could call her and remind her.

Beautiful day here! The Blue Angels are flying over around 1:35 and I hope I can see them. I am getting really tired of being inside but the Gov said us elderly should do so until late May and early June.

Carol in GA

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Lanette- I’m surprised it even spread at the plants they keep it freezer temp y sanitized all over .I doubt it was caught at work in the plants itself. Maybe some workers shared a vehicle to get to work or got it in town shopping 🛒 or even in the break rooms.
    My Dad worked for Tyson back in the day he was always bundled up even a scarf in the freezer area..even the slaughter areas cold 🥶 sanitized regularly every so many minutes. My Dad drove the forklift inside the freezers everyone wore mouth coverings to gloves because of the cold he washed daily they all did .

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited May 2020
    :)Carol,wisteria is not so invasive in milder climates like where Heather lives. It is an expensive and beloved plant. A few years ago I read a book that was set in Georgia and was amazed when they talked about how invasive wisteria is. Climate can make a big difference.

:) One of my favorite plants in my house in Northern California was geraniums. They thrived and it was easy to snap off of piece of a plant, stick it in the ground, and soon have a new plant that would last for years. When I moved to NW Washington I was amazed to find out that they were annuals unless you had them in pots and could move them indoors during the winter.

:)Michele, When Jake's daughter's kids were young, she was always promising to Skype and she was a lot like Denise and forgot most of the time.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Kylia - I'm so sorry for your loss, and your husband's.
  • 1948Peachy
    Barbie ~ Thanks! I didn't know that. It is beautiful when it is blooming. It completely invaded the neighbors yard behind us and I know they hate having to deal with it.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    morning ladies~
    I am on my second cup of tea... and have some cleaning to do, so I can get outside and get the leaves off my patio..and see if I can get my chair hanger together to get outside...
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    Kylia: So, so sorry. What a blessing that you were able to spend time with her before she passed. How thoughtful of her to have plans in place. I will pray for your family in the weeks ahead.