WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    AzTeri- welcome back been crazy all over it seems. I’m in a hot zone for my state so hunting for meat is the same as living in Alaska wilds with a bow y arrow searching for a something edible in the snow storms lol. I been able to maintain but not lose its all the less veggies more shelf life items. Even when we get veggies it’s a small amount of fresh ones with heavy canned amounts

Amber Tx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    Yes, Rebecca! The sad truth is that obesity is one if the highest indicators of death from COVID19, because the fat, especially around the middle, stores all sorts of inflammatory cells, that can run out of control when the body is infected. This causes pneumonia etc. :'(
    Well done for watching the video. <3 Most people don't want to look the truth in the face.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

What is amazing is the fat around the middle is quite greasy, the organs aren't clearly defined in the body. If I ever need surgery, I want my innards pretty definable. Not a mishmash like this poor yet very brave obese woman's. 💖Rebecca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    a9ba7mdzrq4k.jpg
    My meal today. Started with avocado toast with tomatoes, olives and blue cheese crumbles. Main meal was chicken soup with roasted chicken, wild rice, white northern beans, and a coup!e pieces of leftover scalloped potatoes! Then for dessert I had yogurt and grapefruit.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,162 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Did Patrick Godeaux Metabolic Training DVD. This one is a keeper. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Advanced Pilates DVD.

Barbara – oh, Lexi is much better now. She still has a very pathetic meow and will always have it. It did take her a few years before she could make any sound at all. She does a lot of sleeping but sometimes runs around the house (just not a lot). She can still jump up on things. So she’s happy. Fortunately, her ear hasn’t hurt her any (she had a polyp in her ear and we had to take her for major surgery since it was so far into the ear that our vet couldn’t get it out. They had to go in from her neck.)

I’m thinking that I’ll make a (chocolate because Vince likes chocolate) cake and when we skype with Denise we can celebrate PJ’s birthday virtually. That is…IF she remembers that she said she was going to. Well, if she doesn’t, I’ll take a picture of it and send that to her. She didn't remember that she asked me to stay for 2 weeks after PJ was born.

Our county has only something like 5 people in the hospital with CV. Pete was saying that in DE it’s mandatory to wear a mask. I guess I’d better make some. Don’t ask me to explain it…but for some reason I really don’t want to. Although I know that we should. Buying them…they’re so expensive. Maybe the reason I have this “thing” about not wanting to make a mask is that deep inside I wish life would go back to the way it was pre-CV and making a mask confirms that we’ll never go back . Update: a neighbor of mine will make it for a donation to the soup kitchen

We just heard about the new NASCAR schedule. Run the race with no fans. The drivers probably won’t like this, but at least they’ll be driving. I just know that people are going to go to the race and tailgate, just not go in. It seems all the races are to be within one day’s drive of Charlotte (the hub for NASCAR) so that means races at Darlington and Charlotte. Maybe when VA opens up they can use the tracks there. They’ll probably also do Atlanta since GA is in the process of opening up (I know this from Carol…lol) Bristol, too

One of the good things to come out of losing this bridge is that I find that I’m avoiding chewing on the left side of my mouth and am eating less.

There is no way Vince would drink powdered milk or evaporated milk. No way. I used to make bread and one of the ingredients was powdered milk so I reconstituted a little and gave it to Vince. I’m the only person who likes soy or almond milk. I need to buy it in the small cartons, tho, because by the time I can finish a larger one, it starts to go bad. I just am not crazy about rice milk, but I’d drink it if there was nothing else.

SuziQ – big congrats on hitting that goal!

Ginny OH – thanks so much for reminding me that masks are used for woodworking. How is this relevant, you ask? Well, Vince used to wear a mask when he cut the grass in PA for his allergies. Knowing him he doesn’t like to throw anything out many times. I wonder if he has any of those left? Update: he had about 3 in the detached garage

Lisa AR - love your way with words “reseated it on the round cracker”. You crack me up

Period pains – I’ve always been lucky. I have actually only used Aleve once in all the years I had “the period”

KJ – there have been times when I’ve had soup for breakfast, especially if I wanted to use it up.

M – hope everything is well and you are just busy (more busy if that’s even possible)

WalMart delivered the cat litter yesterday. Their prices are competitive with Target, except when Target has it on sale. I suspect they won’t have it on sale for a while, tho. It seems to me that stores are raising prices a bit and there are much fewer coupons. Those cat litter containers are HEAVY. The UPS man put them in the garage for me. And…if I bought over a certain amount, I get free delivery. Never thought of it, but I wonder if they can combine that with food so I can get free shipping??? I don’t think UPS delivers food, but I wonder……..

Need to call today to set up my appt for Prolia. Hope they’re giving them. Update: they need to hear back from Medicare before they can schedule it.

Had the bridge put back in. It’s actually cracked. But he just jury-rigged it and he’ll put another one in when I go (hopefully) in July for my routine cleaning. Then went to Food Lion to get Vince his soda. I’m a bit disappointed in Food Lion. They advertised Dawn dish detergent and Crest toothpaste at a really good price but the shelves were totally empty and they aren’t giving out rain checks for anything right now. Wonder why they aren’t giving out rainchecks? FL used to be so good about that. Makes me wonder if they advertise a good price but don’t have much in stock just so that you’ll go to their store.

Beth – either way with your son, you should be very proud

Janetr – OH, she’s adorable. Love that hat

Rebecca – I remember seeing the touring show “Bodies Alive” and seeing how things like a lung from a smoker and the big difference between that and a lung from a non-smoker, among other things. Sure had an impact

SuziQ = “Steamed Vegetables” priceless

Karen VA – thanks for telling us about M

AzTeri – welcome back! Glad you’re better, but what an experience!

Found another box of Denise’s things and went thru it. Also found 2 more of Bryan’s but only went thru one so far.

Michele NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💙💚💛💜
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,234 Member
    Options
    Janetr - I thought grandchildren were great, but great grandchildren are just amazing! CONGRATULATIONS! :D<3 Unless my grandchildren are very early parents, (you never know), I don't think we will see another generation.
    Love to you.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,162 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Michele: IMHO If you want life to go back to ‘normal’ then take proactive action and make those masks. A vaccine isn’t likely to be discovered and trialled any time soon, and no one can predict how this is going to pan out. A cloth mask with extra filter material is not full proof, but it’s still a good option.
    Also check the expiry date on the old masks. Michael discovered that the few he has in the garage are out of date.
    Like Katla I believe that we will get through this eventually, and am doing all I can to improve my chances of surviving.

Although Northern Ireland is part of the UK, we are not attached to the mainland, so like many of our islands, our cases of CV are relatively low, with a much smaller %age death rate than the rest of the UK. However, it will only remain that way if people are sensible. Despite the inconvenience, and being separated from my family, I have no inclination to rush out of lockdown.

Re Machka: MFP says she was last on about 2 hours ago.
    @Machka9 We miss you! Hope all is well.

☘️ Irish Terri
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,234 Member
    Options
    SuziQ - I'm not bored! :D I LOVE logistics. :D

Getting ready now for the 'picnic'. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx