WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    BeUncommon: I think the “drive through” graduation ceremony the school district has arranged is a great idea. It is likely to be a unique graduation that will be long remembered by the students, and their families. I envision a very LONG line of cars but I don’t actually know how many graduating seniors there are this year and the online information isn’t a bit helpful. What I do know is that the community seems happy about the celebration they have planned. I hope they have good weather. :star:

Barbara in Southern Oregon: Thanks for the link to the governor’s document. I looked it over but plan to do so more thoroughly. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: I’m happy to hear that you’ve gotten information about your younger son in the navy. :bigsmile:

I did my shopping at Safeway this morning and we’re back at home. DH waited in the car. I couldn't persuade him to come with me.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    I went back and looked at before/after photos in the success stories. So motivating! Otherwise I forget what my extra pounds really look like. It reset my dedication to losing. Here's to keeping the goal in sight!

I have been texting a guy, and we will likely meet up in a few months when the virus is over. I want to be slim and strong by then!

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    SuziQ - Sent that one to my daughter, with a kindergartener, a 4th grader and an infant at home. :) Not that I think she would, but Lord, that's funny.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did the YRG DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jeanette Jenkins Core Stretch

Amber – even if I buy the meat frozen, when I defrost it in the refrigerator I still leave it in the plastic bag.

M – that is the way I used to eat kiwi. But then I read that there’s more fiber in the skin. So I thought I’d give it a try. Not bad, no real taste. Like a plum…sometimes the skin can be bitter. But I didn’t find that with the kiwi.

Kim – what lovely masks! A friend of mine made a mask for me and she put a pipe cleaner at the nose so that you can get a better seal but can take it out when you wash it. Wonderful job!

Made more chocolate bran muffins now have banana bread in the oven. The recipe makes 2 loaves so I’ll freeze one. Depending on how much we go thru, I will probably give the second one to Steve. Or else I’ll make something else. Yup, that’s what I’ll do. But it will be banana something since I have all those bananas.

Vince went thru all the CD’s that Bryan had so it looks like I’ll be making another trip to the Salvation Army. At least this time my car won’t be totally packed.

Made a somewhat goof yesterday. I was mentioning to Lynette that I really didn’t feel that fast food places were essential. Then she reminded me that she really doesn’t cook. I tried to save myself by saying that most grocery stores sell things like rotisserie chickens, sandwiches, etc.

Those in GA – how’s the “opening” going?

Annie – I always liked a handmade card rather than a store-bought one

Krm – so glad you decided to come out from the woodwork. Come back often. I’m sorry about your losses

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,391 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Allie:Glad to hear that you have found at least some employment. You will be good at that task.

Noticed today that our strawberries have set fruit. I shall be watching eagerly for them to ripen.
    ☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,391 Member
    Options
    Katla: My Dad was in a reserved occupation as a shipyard worker, so wasn’t in the services. He did have a few near misses during the Belfast blitzes.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    I did 40 reps instead of 30 for my dumbbell exercises tonight. Might be hard on my back but I did it! Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,815 Member
    Options
    We have been having snow squalls all afternoon. Very weird for.May...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

jog w/yog- 32.16min, 10.24min mi, 5k= 429c
    apple watch- 376c
    short backwards jog- 1.50min, 14.01min mi, .13mi
    walk home w/yogi- 13.53min,105mhr, .63mi= 27c
    Apple Watch- 76c

total cal 505
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Michele- I separate my meat because we normally buy in bulk .Then I separate it so I can grab a few pieces from time to time. If not we’d have to eat 10lbs fast lol 😆.

Amber Tx

Watched a movie with Hubby. Documentaries we have hit bottom of the Netflix options.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    Looks like one of the effects of COVID-19 is a move to a regional lifestyle. If/when working from home becomes a more permanent thing, it will be very tempting for us to move further out from the city.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-10/post-covid-19-pandemic-simpler-life-migration/12229082
    Post-COVID-19 wave of regional migration predicted as people seek simpler life, get back to basics

""I think we have all realised now that we can work from home very effectively and we don't actually need to travel to meetings like we used to," she said."

Machka in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Barbie- Same here not heading out except if hubby hurt needs me to get the groceries.3Xs so far he needed me only. He hates me going since JR counts on me for his daily routine.We don’t want him getting this so will continue as we have been.

Amber Tx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful that California is taking it slow; I will be at a slow speed also; although I am out "alot" it is because I go to the camp farm (drive alone work alone) or to a gardening job also mostly alone... So I am alone just not at home. I feel lucky that personally I only know OF one member of extended family that has died; they are so far out on the extended that I did not know or even know of him until he passed. He was 98.

Kim
    Northern California
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    6ywf7o6ppbk0.png

M in Oz