WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I spent the morning trying to update my dog’s license. FRUSTRATING! They were not willing for me to come in and do the paper work in person. They required that I mail it in. Their reasoning is that the Corona Virus made it necessary to do everything by mail. I put it in an envelope and mailed it. Done.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Couldn't you have done it online?

• Machka9
    Options
    @Machka, you can probably find medical masks in pharmacies if they are not requisitioned for hospitals. Social distancing PLUS masks. Here in a major city it's impossible to go out on a normal path without crossing someone.
    I had to go to doctors etc. Now they ask you to wear masks, and, sure enough, people not wearing masks on public transportation (once it opens again on monday) can be fined 135 euros!

I checked again online and it appears that our biggest pharmacy should have some now, but they were completely out for the longest time.

If it becomes necessary, I might order some. Meanwhile, it's been 9 days since we've been in shops etc. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    ylwkg08c3d12.png

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – applesauce. Apple bread/cake. Pork Chops with apples. Remember that as long as you have the room, you can freeze the applesauce

Michele NC

I don't mind the idea of applesauce, but I just don't use it.

Regarding pork chops ... they're like steak ... I've eaten neither since I was 18! Unless someone served it when I was invited to visit or something and I've blocked it from my memory.

Meanwhile, my husband has picked the granny smith apples and it looks like he's going to do something with them so I might have to wait a bit to do something with the red apples.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Another fabulous sunny day here, but it's going to be all change tomorrow, turning wet and COLD! I would love to do my run first thing, but it so throws out my Atomic Habits :p that it doesn't work well for me. I may still do it, as it's Saturday and I don't normally write, but I didn't write Thursday or Friday either. :'( One was the 'episode' and one was the kids wanting to Zoom. :|
    If D H will come, I will go.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Great job on the masks, Kim. :D
  • Machka9
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Saturday -- cool, damp autumn day

Zwift! -- cycling inside with the Zwift program

Distance: 14.15km
    Elevation: 247m 
    Moving Time: 1:03:17
    Elapsed Time    1:03:17 

......................... Avg ..........    Max
    Speed ..........    13.4km/h ...    79.2km/h
    Heart Rate ...    146bpm ....    163bpm
    Cadence .......    74 ............    102
    Power ...........    67W .........    113W
    Calories ........    241

Perceived Exertion: Moderate
    ZwiftBike: OCR3

3zhm7fcbsq36.png

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    Kim: if they have a filter pocket then the front can be purely decorative. These are fab.
    Heather: m The weather is still fine over here, but we are getting our walk in before lunch as it’s forecast to deteriorate.

Woke in a writing mood this morning. I will be taking a short trip to our local shop for a roast for tomorrow, and one of their artisan loaves for today’s lunch.

We had afternoon tea yesterday to celebrate VE Day so I’m on a healthy eating kick today to offset the cupcakes I baked.

xgglwrylquc0.png

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Options
    vqimpnr77vem.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I did go out for my 5k and it was BEAUTIFUL! B) What a glorious day! We were out of the house by 8.00 and when we got to the seafront it was nearly deserted. Where was everyone?! Then we saw that it was an exceptionally low tide and lots of people were walking on the flat sand at the water's edge. Those who were in the water had to wade a long way out to get up to their waists! Lots of paddle boarders. The sea was like a mill pond. Everyone looked very happy in the glorious sunshine; runners, cyclists, kids on bikes, I felt as if I was on holiday.
    As we were coming back we came across a couple we know from the Swing Dancing classes. Had a nice, socially distanced chat. :D They have decorated the whole of the inside of their house!
    I tried to take some photos of the streets and gardens on the way home, but the light and shade contrast was too strong for my phone. Anyway, quite a few flags, some funny jokes, and gorgeous flowers and trees everywhere.
    We bought milk and the newspaper, plus some fresh veggies and rhubarb from the deli.
    Having salmon tonight. AF. May make coleslaw to have with the mixed grain packets that are coming today from Amazon along with peanut butter and tins of organic haricots.
    Reading the paper now after doing extra rowing, weights and yoga.

Norwegian series on tv tonight. It was pretty good last week.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    We walked to the local shops in glorious sunshine. Not much sign of the forecasted rain so far, so planning to mow the lawn after lunch, and deadhead all my beautiful tulips/daffodils. Our summer planters won’t be as colourful as usual unless they allow the garden centres to open (with social distancing, of course) but we do have begonias and a variety of over-wintered plants to make some kind of show, and have sowed some seeds we got on line. Tomatoes, courgettes and cucumbers are doing well. Green beans are ready to be planted out. Already cutting some of my lettuce.

Off to have lunch. Later, Lovelies!!!

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Tyyy
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    TONYA ~ I kept trying to figure out who Grandma was and finally realized you were speaking of our Allie! LOL :)

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) My walking friend found zucchini seeds on her shopping trip to a store I don't go to. It will be warm and sunny today so I'll go out in the morning and begin preparing the ground where I want to plant the seeds. Around here the suggestion is to wait until after Mothers Day which is tomorrow so I can plant the seeds on Monday and rain is forecast for later in the week.

:) This morning on the before breakfast dog walk I listened to the chapter in "Stillness is the Key" titled "Enough". A perfect thing to think about right now. The chapter started with the story of two successful writers talking at a party in the home of a billionaire. One says to the other, "There's one thing we have that our host will never have". "What?" asks the other. The answer---"Enough". Feeling that I have enough has been one of the things that has made this shelter at home work for me.

:)Kim the wedding masks are awesome

:)Allie, congrats on getting some work that uses your greatest strengths.

:)Katla, we have always liked taking care of things in person so it was a big leap of faith for us to renew the car license online and mail the check for property tax.

:)Tonya, Just doing something is better than nothing. So what if you don't have a lot of energy to tackle the big jobs. Do 15 minutes a day. Things will get done.

:) It has been 10 days since I shopped. I think I can go at least another 15 unless Jake decides that he was wrong and he really does want to keep having bagels and cream cheese. By myself I'm fine, but his eating desires ebb and flow---what he wants today, he may not want next week and vice versa.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Karen - you look just like your dad. <3

My little bruv just rang to thank me for his birthday present, a selection of cheeses and chutneys that arrived today. They were meant to arrive next week, nearer his birthday, but never mind. He is very excited about trying them.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

It's going to be a fine day. B)

Tomatoes went into their raised bed 2 days ago, and despite the afternoon wind whipping them around and hot sun, I just checked them and they look great. And discovered volunteer marigolds popping up in that raised bed. I just love the little surprises nature gives.

And the ancient dill, fennel, colored yarrow and kale seeds are sprouting. Sunday evening - once the garden is in the shade - I'll get them put into the ground.

The apple trees have a fairly good fruit set despite hail and lack of honeybees, though I think I saw 2. We always seem to have plenty of other little flying insects that do the job.

Make it a fabulous day! <3

Lanette
    Sunny and soon to be hot SW WA State (probably 90 this afternoon) B)
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Carol > Yes ..lol I should have realised that Allie is also in the username :) If someone does not sign their post I just use their username or part of :)

Barbie > Yeah thats it, just taking it slow and easy :) It is amazing how the world has changes since the lock-down. The planet has improved, people spend more time with their families and we are spending alot less money and really taking time to see what is really important in life :)

Tonya UK