WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Chris Powell Levels 2 & 3. This one is definitely going in the garbage, WAYYY to easy. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Karen Voit Get Fit Firm and Fast DVD.

Went to Sam’s to see about the rib eye for Steve. I always got it here and it was good. They didn’t have any rib eye. So went to WalMart. They only had Choice so I got that, not sure how it’ll be. I also got 2 pork tenderloins. I forgot the bag with the Ground Clear in it so I had to go back, then sprayed the weeds on the pavers

Kate UK – happy birthday

Momnafit – welcome!!! I find that if I don’t do my exercise first thing in the morning, it doesn’t get done. I tried going for a walk after dinner, but that didn’t last. I just have a muffin in the morning, then exercise, then a big breakfast. Maybe if you can find one time and consistently exercise at that time it’ll help you???

Pip – when is your birthday? Yes, momnafit, she WILL give you her opinion, sometimes more than you’d want….lol

Lisa – (((HUG)))

Tonya – you definitely deserved that award. How talented you are!

Katla – happy early birthday to your hubby

Is there some way to search for posts that just one person made? Machka, I know a while ago you posted a link about some positive thoughts, I would like to find that. I think it was probably months ago. Anyway, if I can search for only the posts that you made, then maybe I could find it.

Michele NC

lmao!!! you know i will.... my bday is 5/25/59
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Kate UK Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:

Friend's son is finally recovering. Haven't heard much about niece.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Happy Birthday Kate!! <3 My DH will also be 75 come November. Doesn't seem very old to me. B)

All of this talk about squid has me drooling for battered and deep fried calamari that I used to get a restaurants in Seattle when I worked there. There's a little store in town with a gas station that makes mighty fine deep fried chicken gizzards and livers.

Shona - welcome and looks like you have great plans for your day.

In researching where in Germany my ancestors came from nearly 2 centuries ago, seems most of them hailed from Alscace Lorraine - they spoke German. That region isn't exactly on my bucket list but would be fun to teleport there for a day. B)

Luci
    - thank you for the baby photo - great way to start my day!!

Kim - I'm late to the party here.... love the entry to your place and that gorgeous archway. How neat that people are interested in growing some of their own food - that's right down your alley!

Beth - I got shivers reading your rainbow story. Would your son be able to do any on-line teaching at some point? I don't know if I'd have the patience for it though. :o

Time to break from here for a while. Make it a good one!

Lanette
    Rainy and cool SW WA State B)

>>>

Me too. Perhaps a river cruise…we went in 2015 and it was fun.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely sing-song with DH this evening, singing along with our teacher's audio posts. :D Managed about 40 minutes before settling down to watch John Nettles last Midsomer Murders episode from 2011. The perfect evening. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather If I divorce her I will have no one to blame when I misplace something, and it would make seeing Lilliana complicated. So that's a no go. I'll have to deal with her picky palate. For now. Plus, we like to sing together like you and your husband, and she's a better singer than me, so she sort of carries me…and there are a few other good qualities...

Barbara I know, right? A Tavern on the Green party would have been one of the highlights of my life…

Awwwwww...Randie was such a tiny little peanut…

Lisa I would make up a story in my head that my bosses are giving every employee the same pep talk/planning session with "achievable rewards" as the emphasis because…drum roll…grant money isn't flowing right now. I'd tell myself they are trying to ameliorate frustration among grant writers, and have no clue how much it is stressing people out. As far as "building relationships", you could teach that class! I would have a box of Samoas nearby, and offer them each a couple, then act as a proxy Samoa eater for them. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,088 Member
    Options
    SuziQ:
    🥂🍾🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂🍾🥂
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,088 Member
    Options

Kate UK:
    🥂🍾🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂🍾🥂
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Machka Love all the pictures on here and at your page.

Lisa Sorry to hear you are going up also. I am doing better in other ways also, but after all the work to lose, I am frustrated.

Opening too soon rant:
    I know it is a very touchy subject. I understand people needing to get back to work if they can’t work from home, but I am very concerned the US is going to have a really bad relapse of Covid19 because they aren’t willing to adhere to the social distancing rules. I live in the Bible belt (and don't get me wrong, I am a Christian, but...)…many think just trusting God to protect them is safe. I think God gave us brains to follow the recommended rules to avoid getting ill. Sorry for the rant…it is so frustrating here!
    Also, I am ordering more toilet paper. As I have said too many times, with IBS, I always needed to have extra tp in the house for security. When I have episodes, I can go through a roll in a day…very TMI!! Anyway…I am more comfortable now with two packages in the house and will continue to add one order at a time when I order shipped groceries. I have only been to the store a few times since before March 14. Those were trips when I needed Rx. Otherwise, most of my orders have been from Walmart online and one pickup from Sam’s. I have not tried Instacart…not sure what it is like in our little town.

Momnafit Welcome! Congrats on the prep for July 4 going well! You can do this!! I lost 45 last year, so I know it is do-able!! (I have no will power normally.)

Barbara Interesting idea of the fear of gaining triggering cortisol. I am going to let that one soak into my brain for a while and see if I can change the outcome! Thank you!

UnCommon Adorable granddaughter! Love the snake shots as well as others. And Randie! Wow!! The award-winning photo! Amazing!

KJ The boys look terrific! I love all these little kids without even meeting them! The expressions!

All the preemie stories are incredible! Great pictures! I have two close friends from high school who had their babies each at 7 months. They were both one-pound babies and both survived and have lived incredible lives. It amazes me what can be done these days!

Bath time cuteness:
    bfv380r30vcu.jpg

<3 and non-contagious hugs, Luci in WNC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Lanette ... my son has tried to secure work online as a teacher/tutor/etc... sadly, recruiters and employers see his disabilities not his abilities.

Lisa ... oh yeah ... I hear Sam Elliott's voice ... >:)

Ok, so I'm going to confess to you all how stupid I really am. My son and husband have been getting information back from their Living DNA tests they took last year. Just recently they were able to make "matches" to others who share a portion of their DNA. My husband asked why he had matches in France when his ancestry was mostly German, Irish, Scottish areas. I reminded him that his dad always said he had family from "All Saints Lorraine" :# Your posts today have shown me that it's "Allsace Lorraine." LOL!! Sigh

I'm not signing this post ...

Beth - I like All Saints Lorraine! Hurrah!! <3 Hey, I bet I'm your DH's 45th cousin 20 times removed or something!

Lanette
    Cloudy, sunny, windy, rainy, wierd SW WA State B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Beth - thank you, I understand exactly what you mean.

I've realized, and occasionally say it here, that by writing these things here, I do exactly what you're talking about - I get out of my head, I observe rather than simply brooding. I air out my worst-case scenarios in order to give room for the best-case scenarios to thrive. Which, all things being equal, they usually do.

So, for a gift, Sam Elliott telling me pretty much the same thing. I don't know about you, but I read it in his voice:

n6xazoy9f1jz.png

Yep, that's right. And something Pip would say, most likely. :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Lisa

Damn straight skippy
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Is there some way to search for posts that just one person made? Machka, I know a while ago you posted a link about some positive thoughts, I would like to find that. I think it was probably months ago. Anyway, if I can search for only the posts that you made, then maybe I could find it.

Michele NC

There are a couple ways to do it.

From the main page of the forums ...

lzqudxc2nwm3.png

Click Search ...

zo8aiaaazdx3.png

Click the down arrow in the Search box ...

h88fnyjm5z0u.png

Type the person's name (Machka9) in Author, and the subforum where this thread exists (Motivation and Support) in the category. You can also narrow the search further if you remember dates or key words.

8c7xh9vjo9v5.png

(right at this moment, the search feature appears to be down but it is usually available)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Another way to do it is within the thread you think has what you're looking for. If you think I posted something in this May thread, you'd go to where it page numbers are at either the top or bottom

o9dfwba5q1ho.png

See the little magnifying glass there? Click it.

y4qxp24rmv1f.png

Now I prefer to just type a letter to get into more options. Type a letter and click Go

b58yjlhcmny9.png

And now you're here ...

64q5lo2fmbzo.png

Click the down arrow in the search box and voila ... advanced search within this particular thread ...

4nkve45o521k.png

Delete the letter you typed to access the advanced search, and type the person's name in Author. Use other settings as desired.

pigvtmy4txs1.png

(again right at this moment, the search feature appears to be down but it is usually available)

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station, rain/sprinkles- 1hr 3min 53sec, 141mhr, 12.4amph, 13.24mi= 486c
    apple watch- 467c
    jog sta 2 wrk, sprinkles- 5.37min, 141mhr, 10.03min mi, .55mi= 55c
    apple watch- 59c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.26min, 9.50min mi, 149mhr, .45mi= 52c
    apple watch- 57c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.16min, 8.7amph, 156mhr, 2.65mi= 187c
    apple watch- 143c

total cal 780
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I’m hoping that your brother and DSIL will be treated well by the crowds at the anti-everything rally. :flowerforyou:

Michele: Thanks for the Happy Birthday wish for my DH. :bigsmile:

Lisa: Thanks for sharing the wisdom of Sam Elliott. :star:

Kate UK: Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:

Snowflake: Our masks were a gift from a generous neighbor. She makes them. As far as I know, the state hasn’t bought face masks for anyone other than key people working in hospitals and public safety. :ohwell:

Barbie: Happy gardening!!! :bigsmile:

DH and I took the dog for a walk along the river bank and had a lovely view of the river on a nice day. We were not the only ones there, but nobody was anywhere nearby. It felt as though we had all the space and air we wanted. When we came home I checked the area where I planted bean seeds last week and saw that they are starting to come up. I still have beans in the freezer from last summer’s garden but there aren’t many left.

Tomorrow is DH’s birthday. Normally we would go out to dinner to celebrate. Not possible tomorrow, but we may order takeout dinner from our favorite Thai Restaurant. The other option is grilling at home and that is my fall back plan.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon