WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Just heard from my son we have Zoom tomorrow for the answers to DH's quizzes on the Spanish Armada and How the World Began. :p
    Then he told us Fatto a Mano is now open for collection. :drinker: He is going to pick up two of our choice on Sunday night. I'll pay him, but I'm very excited! I actually knew it had re-opened because on my run this morning there were piles of empty Fatto boxes beside the rubbish bins on the seafront. Day trippers with no respect. :# As I ran back I saw the trash collecting lorry arriving. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Lisa: what a beautifully delicate flower painting 🥰 love the droplet on the petal.
    Later: I saw the second painting that you’re working on. You do have a delicate touch. So much movement in this one.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Awww, Amber you were a little cutie!!!

Heather I think snogging might be the same as necking or petting.

Lisa - Golden Girls - love.

Margaret it would be fun to see the pictures you took.

Kelly I really really really hope you are OK. I wish I could remember where you live exactly. My spouse lived in Saginaw & Frankenmuth as a child, so she is quite worried about her old friends and classmates.

Pip don't tempt me into trying to offend you

My renewed effort to get the weight, exercise, and food balance I need to optimize my health and well-being is going well. Had a good last 3 days with logging, lots of walking, and a good show on the scale. Always encouraging to have that initial whoosh on the weight loss even if it's not sustainable. I feel better already, and I'm really enjoying the HealthyWeight challenges. Very motivating. I realize it's not for everybody, but I am feeling more encouraged than I have felt for a very long time. I've been much sadder than I actually realized. I think my new job has helped perk me up. I enjoy it, I'm getting good feedback after each shift and I feel energized afterwards.

I'm super tired from all the exercise, so am going to close my eyes. Maybe I'll sleep better.

Karen in Virginia

please try, give it your best shot baby!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Lisa- oh love that painting .in my favorite color also.. Bravo....
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    I have read roughly 30 papers on aspects of misinformation in digital media. A bit disturbing!! A bit eye-opening too. Makes me feel like deleting all my cookies and checking my ad settings.

For reference, this is a list of Fact Checkers: http://guides.lib.berkeley.edu/c.php?g=620677&p=4333407
    If you're presented with something on Facebook or wherever that doesn't sound right or makes you upset or whatever, check it before reposting.

Anyway ... onward to writing my paper on misinformation in digital media.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Re snogging :D:p . I think my whole life was focused around that activity for about a year in 1964. :laugh:

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    3afqindn8rcx.png

Tell us about you and music.

Do you play an instrument?

Do you sing??

Do you dance??

Do you listen??

And generally speaking ... what kind of music do you like? :)

Machka in Oz
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    B)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I’m finally caugt up.

Not ready to jump on the Keto train, but I did try a chaffle this morning. It wasn’t bad, but a little eggy. I might up my almond flour a little next time.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    KAY ~ I had to look up chaffle and they seem interesting. I wonder if you could just cook it like a pancake if you don't have a waffle pan?

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    3afqindn8rcx.png

Do you sing??

Do you dance??

Do you listen??

Machka in Oz

Play an instrument? Not anymore. Growing up I had piano and accordion lessons. My dad played both and had a band. As a teen taught myself guitar and played in the Christian rock band in high school. But sadly, never kept up either.

sing? not very well though was in choras in elementary and high schools.

dance? only in my dreams! Lol

listen and type? I have been around music all my life. I listen to and love all types except gangsta rap.

RV Rita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Karen in VA: Congrats on your progress in optimizing your health. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

We had French toast for breakfast, a rare treat for us. DH had his made with gluten-free bread and was delighted with flavor and texture. I’m sure we will be buying this particular gf product again. I had mine on regular sourdough bread. I put unsweetened applesauce on mine rather than syrup. I like it best that way.

We have ordered a new gas barbecue because our old one is burned out. It served us well for seven years and DH rebuilt it twice during that time. It can’t be rebuilt again. When the new one arrives we’ll see about hauling the old one to the county recycle facility.

Music: I love classical music, "classic" rock & roll, & selected country performers. (Johnny, Willie, Kris, Joni Mitchell, Buffy St. Marie . . . )

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I mostly listen to classic rock. It gets me going, even if I no longer dance. I never did well with instruments although I tried piano and flute. My mom listens to older slower music that acts like a sedative.

I had a great phone call from a friend today. He is encouraging me to write the book I started. Maybe I will after all. I need a good project.

Annie in Delaware
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    3afqindn8rcx.png

Do you sing??

Do you dance??

Do you listen??

Machka in Oz

I do not play an instrument

I sing all the time but do I sound good? NO lol

I don't really dance anymore but I used to dance when I was younger

I listen to music everyday, I have been to many rock concerts etc

I listen to music from Heavy Metal to Pop to Classic Rock and Country. Mainly bands/singers such as Guns N Roses, Darren Hayes (Savage Garden) Ricky Martin, BTS, CCR Van Morrison, Tim McGraw ... all kinds really. I do not like Rap music.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    KAY ~ I had to look up chaffle and they seem interesting. I wonder if you could just cook it like a pancake if you don't have a waffle pan?

Carol in GA

I don’t see why not. I have to be honest, though. If I was going to get out a regular pan, I’d be having scrambled eggs and spinach and skip the cheese. They tell you to use a mini waffle iron, which is what I purchased. I think the waffle iron keeps it contained and fluffy. It’s supposed to be a no carb substitute for bread.

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    DH said my chowder was a 'triumph'. It's been a couple of years since I made it. Used to be a standard entertaining dish for a foursome. I've never made it with all smoked haddock before. A tiny bit salty, but pretty good.

I've finished all my bank transfers. I find it all so scary in case I get it wrong. :s I think I've managed it alright.

Karen - Pleased that your study course is helping you to focus. Sometimes we just need a new angle. For me my 'bonus exercises' made all the difference. I will have to do double bonus on Sunday for my pizza! >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx