WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Allie > Thank you very much, I think of all the wonderful times and it simply makes me cry harder! I know it takes time and I hope there will come a day when I will look at him and not burst out in tears. It also came at the worst possible time with this pandemic. I just feel so broken. He was such an incredible man.

Barbie > Thank you Barbie, I Do feel like I will never be normal again. I know it takes time. My girlfriend is very much like your hubby, she has such a hard time staying still... always wanting to go back out. her excuse is, They didn't have everything I needed at that store.. lol I just simply stay home and order groceries etc

Love Tonya UK xx

128yv41u9ljw.jpg
  • Jaxsgma
    Jaxsgma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    KetoneKaren - Thank you on the compliment on my grandchildren, they are the light of my life, and one of the main reasons I need to loose weight so I can do more things with them, although the youngest still wants grandma around, the others are teenagers, and you know like I do, Grandma/parents are not their favorites to hang with.

Thank you for welcoming me to the group. I know everyone already has been really friendly and supportive.

You have a good day. I don't know how it is there, but we are having nice warm weather with a slight breeze, rainy at times, but I'll take it, at least now I can open my windows and enjoy the fresh air.

Jaxsgmam from Cincinnati, Ohio
  • BeUncommon
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Heather UK > I do natural like photography, enjoy portraits. I am not much for people posing, I prefer to photograph when people dont realise they are being photographed lol (yah that probably sounds creepy) lol I have done a couple weddings but don't really like the pressure..lol I won awards for my photography when I attended a photography club, There would be national judges that come in and judge depending on category. The images I have done that won were all portraits :) Right now I don't take many at all, only as a hobby but even then I don't pull out my camera much anymore. x

Carol > Yes simply walking can make such a difference in your mood :) Glad you feel better x

Jaxsgma > It looks okay out today here in the UK> I am in the midlands but honestly haven't even checked it out there! My phone says it is 12 degrees...lol so not bad :) This is a great group... I am very new myself but just love everyone already xx

This one is another that had one Heather. It was category portrait/humorous :)

oenlfk2awk1e.jpg
  • Jaxsgma
    Options
    BeUncommon - Thank up for saying my grandchildren are cute, After I start loosing some more weight, I want to go and spend more time with them. The youngest loves the zoo and aquarium, and there is a lot of walking, havent been able to do that for awhile, but making that one of my goals. My other grandchildren are teenagers, they are into a lot of sports and its hard for me to go to all their games, exspecially when its hot out, (this old bod cant take the sun to well) So I want to be able to do more of that also.

I read that you lost your father, I am so sorry to hear of that. Everyone grieves differently. I lost my mom 9 years ago and there are alot of times I still cry about it. I still love her very much and wish she was still here, the grieving does get easier.

Well, I will close for now, have some laundry to do, and it won't do itself (although wouldnt be nice if it did...LOL)

You have a great day, and I hope to see you on here later.

Jaxsgma from Ohio

• Jaxsgma
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Had some sad news last night brother-in-law has tested positive for Covid and is in hospital. He is 84 and has dementia and is in a care home. He and my husband don’t have a very good relationship (long story) but the youngest brother will be devastated if he dies

On a lighter note I have a Zoom session this afternoon with my knitting group. That should be fun. Started watching Upload on Amazon Prime similar to Good Place. Enjoying it though.

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️❤️❤️

Hi Spikeyhair, sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Hes in my thoughts and prayers.

my name is Jaxsgma(MaryBeth), from Ohio, and I just started on here 4 days ago. I was with MFP for awhile and have been gone for about 4 months. I am 64 years old, retired and I have 4 beautiful grandchildren.

I am anxious to get started on my weight loss journey, and working to loose weight first for my grandchildren and for myself.

Take care and enjoy your day.

Mary Beth from Ohio
  • BeUncommon
    Options
    Jaxsgma > Thank you, I know it will get easier.. it just doesn't seem like it will ever happen right now :)

I totally understand where you are coming from with the losing of your weight. My only child Randie (that you have seen many times already) is only 15 and there are a lot of things I wish I could do with her that I cannot. I am morbidly obese, when i came back to MFP i weighed in at 435 lbs I lost 69 lbs so far and although I have a long way to go I just keep on trucking.. I need to get where I want to be. My fathers death is something that keeps me going and keeps me strong. He always worried about me and my weight. His memory is keeping me driven to keep going. Not only for myself, my husband and daughter but for him xx

Hope you have a wonderful day even though you have to do the laundry :)

Tonya UK xx

5jdujz0vtpgx.jpg
  • Jaxsgma
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    I feel better today...I got up, took a shower, put on makeup and clean clothes and went to Kroger at 9 AM. Got a lot of stuff and walked all over the store. Just getting out of the house for 45 minutes made a big difference. :)

Carol in GA

Hi 1948Peachy - I know how it feels to finally get out, I never though just going to the grocery would feel like an outing...LOL.. Since I have been caring for my father, I have had things delivered to my house through this virus, Now I am so looking forward to doing this on my own again. :)

You take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

MaryBeth from Ohio

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    In my newsfeed just now ...

1i0r2ooyuvwq.png

I subscribe to/like several brain injury associations and information sites because of my husband's situation. Headway is a UK one.

Machka in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    Tonya - in comparison to some other countries Canada has done well. I live in Alberta but all of our family lives in New Brunswick. I am concerned Alberta is opening things up too soon. As of today we are allowed gatherings of up to 50 outside as long as you can social distance. I guess we will see how it goes.

voq8t7xyu2mx.png

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Allie: I think you’ve begun a successful new career. I hope you enjoy the work and your own great skills. WTG!!! :star:

Amber: Congrats on your new lifestyle as a "Senager." :bigsmile:

Tracey in Edmonton: We’ve been sitting at home since lock-down, except for food shopping. We have been able to take lovely walks around town on dry days and that has been delightful. We’ve also been able to chat with neighbors outdoors from a 5 or 6 foot distance. :bigsmile:

KateUK: I’m sorry to hear that your brother in law has tested positive for Covid 19. I’m especially sorry to hear about the dementia. My grandmother had dementia when I was a child, and it was a sad experience for the whole family. :broken_heart:

SuziQ: Enjoy your birthday as long as you want. :star:

Machka: I could go back to living like we did in the 70’s but I’d really miss the opportunity to stay in touch with my adult children who live far away. I could hear them talk then. Now I can hear and see them talk. Viva la Smart Phones with audio and video! :star:

Heather: I envy your proximity to your grandchildren. Lovely! :flowerforyou:

BeUncommon: I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. (((HUGS)))

Barbie: It is drizzly here in NW Oregon, too. The deck and sidewalks are wet but it isn’t raining this exact minute. :smiley:

Peachy: I’m glad you were able to go out and do a little shopping. Getting out of the house makes a difference for me, too. :star:

Yesterday I harvested parsley and set up the food dehydrator to dry it. This morning it is still not dry enough. I’ll leave it running as long as necessary. I’m tempted to raise the temperature from 95F to 105F.

Looking down the hallway I notice dog hair dust bunnies. I guess I know who will be vacuuming today.

Katla in Drizzly NW Oregon
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    Tonya - my Dad passed in 2012 it was a long time of depression following. I started feeling better when I started talking about him. I thought my husband and girls would think I was talking about him too much so didn’t talk about him. Turned out they weren’t talking about him because they were afraid of upsetting me. It was a relief to talk about him and share memories.

Hugs to you, lean on your friends and family.
    Tracey
  • BeUncommon
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Tracey > Yeah Canada has done very well really. We are 34000 deaths here in the UK. All my family is in Ontario and I know that they did not go into lock-down but we supposed to social distance.. There are protesters here I seen on Facebook in Nottingham protesting the lock-down.. ugh so frustrating. Lets just get rid of this virus so everyone can go ahead with their lives! Hopefully there is a vaccine soon! Stay safe xx

Tonya UK xx
  • Jaxsgma
    edited May 2020
    Options
    BeUncommon wrote: »
    Jaxsgma > Thank you, I know it will get easier.. it just doesn't seem like it will ever happen right now :)

I totally understand where you are coming from with the losing of your weight. My only child Randie (that you have seen many times already) is only 15 and there are a lot of things I wish I could do with her that I cannot. I am morbidly obese, when i came back to MFP i weighed in at 435 lbs I lost 69 lbs so far and although I have a long way to go I just keep on trucking.. I n <3 eed to get where I want to be. My fathers death is something that keeps me going and keeps me strong. He always worried about me and my weight. His memory is keeping me driven to keep going. Not only for myself, my husband and daughter but for him xx

Hope you have a wonderful day even though you have to do the laundry :)

Tonya UK xx

5jdujz0vtpgx.jpg

BeUncommon - Loosing 69 Lbs. is great, You have two great inspiration's for losing even more, your daughter Randie and also your father, You can do it! Maybe carrying a picture of both of them can help you. Everytime you want to eat something that you know you really shoudn't have, pull out that picture and they will help you. Make them both proud...I know its in you girl, go for it.... :):)o:)o:)

Marybeth from Ohio

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Tracy- Gosh a long weekend with nothing to do - because of the pivoting I have had to do to make ends meet financially I have been working so much much more I’d love to have a long weekend. So I would pre-make some stuff for the next couple of weeks and freeze them (chili, soup) I would make a couple of loaves of bread and freeze one. I made some ricotta cheese and I would do another batch and then make a lasagna. Then I would groom the dog! Work in my yard a bit, and then pull my calendar out and look up birthdays for the next month and get cards for those folks (maybe make cards) address and stamp and then have them ready to drop in the mail a few days before the birthday. LOL I’m day dreaming about your long weekend!

Lisa – It sounds like the Council knows that 2020/2021 is going to be a rough year financially and they felt the need to self protect, and do not want to spend the time and energy to help folks understand that Covid19 and the sheltering has ripple effects. So you are the fall guy, that SUCKS and shows what small people they are. Just don’t internalize it! YOU are worth more mentally and physically healthy to your family, your darling hubby, and all of us healthy than if you let the yahoos at work break you down. I know you and hubs can make the finances work, and you can find some gig writing work and you can if you need to tell the office to go fly a kite!

Katie - so sad, sorry to hear about your BIL

Toyna - I lost my dad in 1977 and while I still miss him, and I still cry, it's not everytime I think of him, or mention him...and it is not as intense a feeling as it was in the first few years, so be kind to yourself and know that you are not alone.

Well off to work, I have to get a bunch of embroidery done for clients, and need to get my irrigation settled in for my veggie garden, I disconnected part of it to make the garden larger, and decided to re-route some of it, and I need to get it back together so I can turn it back to automatic, I have too much on my plate to be hand watering every day.

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    Oohw2wu060ke86.jpeg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Sunset here last night. Have to end with something nice!
    pvm2ri7m4uzm.jpeg
    lat7wonmyrem.jpeg
    jsejbsgqhrfy.jpeg
  • Jaxsgma
    Options
    lpeifer24 wrote: »

Welcome, I just started on here about 4 days ago, everyone is so nice and they are aoo willing to hep in any way they can. Good Luck on your journey.