WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Margaret – prayers. Where again are you located?

Kim – taking temp is common here, too. I had mine taken before I saw the dentist. Now, interestingly, the first time I went to the soup kitchen they took it. Since then, they don’t. What kinds of questions are they asking that need to be kept confidential? The one time they took my temp at the soup kitchen they only asked me things like “how do you feel”, “have you been in contact with anyone who has c-19”, things like that.

Went thru some of the video tapes that FIL had. Threw some away, they were pirated copies of movies, things like Lawrence Welk (I don’t think we’re interested in that). If there was anything I in the least questioned, Vince needs to make the call.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    stats for the day;
    total cal 809
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Tracey- A Man was killed by cops starting a riot. Some say fraudulent check others a certain dollar amount bill. He had money in the bank y on him y relatives who could have paid the jail if it was true..but he never got a chance to prove his innocence. My father got a fraudulent bill from the bank once luckily he got a good cop they drove separately to the bank talked to the teller found more fraudulent bills in her till then by security footage found the person who was passing off fake bills around town . Easily same could have happened to my father. I had a customer once the fancy machines at work said the check was fraudulent it was a computer error. So yeah folks mad about it started rioting tired of this behavior since 3 cops sat on this man for over 10 minutes until his nose bled y his last breath left they still sat on him even after he died. Rioting getting worse because the cops who killed him in cold blood one rocking back y forth on his neck using a car for leverage to put more pressure with an odd pleasure look on his face ,1 on his lungs,1 on his stomach area ,y 1 watching not stopping them all with past history of this are brought to justice. So to stop the riots now that Blk Lives Matter showed up to others in the country their calling in the National Gaurd to stop them. In the meantime the cops are not in jail if they were like any individual awaiting trial I believe it would stop. In the meantime shops owned by good people are being vandalized- oh yeah y the police station y cars too.

Amber Tx

Violence begets violence begets more violence
    Justice is not equal
    Life is unfair but must be lived with hope for a better future for all
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Barbie- Glad to hear of your big haul we’re getting low again I fear another trip to the store soon since growing boys love bread to tortillas y definitely need their milk 🥛.

Amber Tx

Tired of these storms I need JR to be able to go outside run off his destructive boy energy on something other than my house lol 😂.
    Definitely better when he’s grabbing tree limbs tugging to tossing sticks around outside screaming running like a nut case lol.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    W
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Karen VA –. I do not think you strange at all, in fact I admire you! You got moxie! But I am a displaced Oregonian, dreaming of her nudist life in California, but residing in Washington. Kinda a mouthful but that's the way the cookie crumbles.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    yjsu5nf6pao6.jpg
    Here is the newest member of my iris family

How beautifully unique a flower! It looks like black velvet!💖
    💖Rebecca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Tracy a white officer killed a black man during an arrest by leaning his knee into his neck enough to kill him It was caught on video. It is all over the news here in the U.S. It has set off riots, fire, and looting. A shopping center a mile from us was looted this afternoon. Not only are businesses getting looted they are getting burned down. We have been told to stay home. Our neighbor has the same name as one of the other officers involved. There were three officers that stood by and did nothing to stop this officer. He had to change his social media name because of all the hate.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Lisa: Your idea that indifference is the opposite of both love and hate is thought provoking. I can’t say much about that, but I think indifference can become effective personal armor when needed to protect ourselves from love & hate life-challenges. :flowerforyou:

Karen: I think Barbie’s comment is just right. We are lucky to live in a time and culture where you can be who you are and love who you love.
    :heart:

Amber: Speaking as a retired American history teacher, in my opinion, the founding fathers were wise. They gave some powers to the national government and reserved other powers to each of the states and the people. They fought a war against the British to accomplish those valuable goals. We now have 50 states with their own governments and laws they choose. Cost of living in those 50 states varies widely. :star::star::star:

Margaret: I am so sorry that the police in your area acted so harshly toward your son. I remember when you were going through that travesty and my heart still aches for your family. :heart:

Kate UK: I am so sorry for the loss of your BIL. I hope you are able to arrange an appropriate service. Perhaps a graveside service would allow the family to be together and maintain safe social distances. :flowerforyou:

Tracy in Edmonton: I’m not sure I know what “clean eating” means, unless it is the opposite of eating junk food. :huh:

Sharon near Seattle: It is so great to see your post. I’m sorry that your daughter’s domestic drama is difficult for others, including you. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Your black Iris is gorgeous!!! :flowerforyou:

Our old barbecue worked for us for many years and is now in recycle land. Our new one is excellent. We had our first hamburgers cooked on it this evening. We ate on our deck and watched the boaters on the river. Most were very courteous regarding speed and noise. One or two got blasts from airhorns that prompted them to slow down and keep within the speed limit. I know the names of the airhorn users and applaud them for reminding people to go slow.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Margaret - that has made our news as well. I wasn’t connecting you to being in the area. I don’t and probably never will understand how that can happen over and over it seems.
    Stay safe.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Barbie, your newest member of your iris family is drop dead gorgeous! I am having extreme iris envy, I have some plants, but my yard doesn't seem to get enough sun to make them happy and they have not bloomed since we moved here. :(
    Kate UK, I'm so sorry to hear of your BIL's passing.
    Katla, your first bbq with your new grill sounds like a lovely way to spend an evening!
    Tracy, your deck is lovely! Mosquitos......grrrrr. I grew up in skeeter country, not sad to have left! We do get a few here, but nothing like where I grew up!
    Karen, I have to agree with others, it's so very fortunate that we live in a time where people are allowed to be what they want to be and to love who they want to love. I know that's not the case (still!) everywhere, but I like to think that we, as a society, are coming around.
    Margaret, as I have no words, I'm sending virtual {{{hugs}}} your way.....
    Heather, lovely photos of the grands!
    I think clean eating means eating without the junk food, nothing processed, nothing that can't be put back in its original form. Not my style at all! lol (obviously or I wouldn't need to be losing weight! lol) I think we all need treats, maybe not all the time, but definitely they need to be there!
    Day 3 for me is a done deal. I am under calories, pretty much only because I burned 760 cal getting to work and back, but that's okay. The day was tracked and that's the important part. I find I will eat something that doesn't track easily, so I'll just not bother, and that makes it just too easy to stop tracking, but I've been more diligent the last few days, even tho there have been some challenging items I have just tried to pick something similar and gone with it.
    That's it for me, hugs for those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any newbies that I may have missed (haven't seen any new "faces" for a few days, doesn't mean there aren't any tho!!)
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    Cute table! :)

cb2zpi1w1yu9.png
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Margaret}}}
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Kim - My question about 'clean' eating was said in an ironic, comedic way. :D The phrasing was not English English. That was me trying to be funny. Oh well. :laugh:
    However, if I had to say what it meant I would guess it meant no additives, no processed food that requires chemicals added to it. No hydrogenated fats. Nothing out of a box or jar with unpronouncable names. The opposite of Amber's video with the SAD diet.
    I would add to that most processed meats with nitrates, any meat with hormones, antibiotics , chlorine etc.

I do know how lucky I am to have very easy access to healthy food. I only have to walk around the corner to be able to buy local, organic veggies and eggs, meat at the family butcher from individually named local farms, artisan bread with no additives. I know a lot of people live in food deserts and do not have the money, the time, the energy, or the skills to eat healthily. I'm not working at two jobs and having to feed a family of five.
    Tonight I'm going to cook the paneer I made. :D It's a curry with spinach and red pepper.

I hope things calm down b]i]Margaret[/i[/b. Worrying times. <3

Now things are opening up a little I'm finding some of my anxieties returning. I was awake at 4.30 this morning. I liked being locked up. I've certainly got a lot of writing done. o:) I've lost weight. I've eaten better. I've been exercising more. Now I've got to start thinking about how to meet family and friends, when and where etc etc etc. Help! Lock me up! Please! :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx