WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    The chocolate mint plants are planted! I put both plants in one pot. They are sitting on a cantilevered support on the outside of one of our deck fence posts. 🦋
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Tina-So true a jobs just a job a guy with medical degrees can be a janitor temporarily until a position opens up in their city. I also hate when I get asked are you going to have more kids? They don’t see adult daughter so they ask like I have 1 kid need to make a sibling for JR. Lol 😂 at my age I couldn’t handle another toddler on top of toddler JR .

Watching a movie on Hulu today shall be soup day. Broccoli y cheese Bear Creek y Progresso their both 170cal per bowl. Drank water with lunch. Dinner not sure might be water again. For a night meal not sure thinking fries with cheese in the airfryer or nachos.

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Lucy So sorry you are saying goodbye to your magnificent creature. Such a glorious dog. I am so sorry for your husband, too; from what you have said he will suffer greatly from the loss. Just know there are so many animal lovers here who share your grief and understand how impossibly painful this is. Helping him over the Rainbow Bridge is an act of love, which makes it even more exquisite.

As far as what to do about the ongoing racial divide, my friends tell me not to ever think that I know what it is like to be a person of color. That's the first thing to get through one's head.

Karen in Virginia
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Tina-So true a jobs just a job a guy with medical degrees can be a janitor temporarily until a position opens up in their city. I also hate when I get asked are you going to have more kids? They don’t see adult daughter so they ask like I have 1 kid need to make a sibling for JR. Lol 😂 at my age I couldn’t handle another toddler on top of toddler JR .

Amber Tx

Frankly, I don't know how you do it with a toddler. I am not even up to handle an adult dog at this point.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    And this heartwarming video from Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/rosario.viola.96/videos/10219993465660087

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,679 Member
    Well i work tomorrow, but here i am Jean working late and other caregiver is a nursing student and has an exam at 5. So she needed to get home... my brother usually here is up north for extended period so there is no relief except for the 2 of us and Maria who does some weekends..
    Was going to go to bed early tonight.. we shall see
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Karen VA ~ Great photos! I especially like the fox and the cow. :)

Allie ~ I know you like the money you are making and that you are a wonderful care giver for Faith, but, it really seems like this is going to end up being a tiring experience since the set schedule you were given isn't being abided by. JMHO

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Karen wonderful photoes
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,441 Member
    umx3znscg7k2.jpg
    💖Rebecca
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Margaret I’m so sorry you are dealing with the awful illness your son is going through. It is a vicious beast! I hope he can get help and I’m glad you are able to walk together!

Flea I’m so sorry about your doggy, too! Rocky is no longer eating and is wasting away…he is in pain, too. We just cannot make him wait any longer.

Tina Sorry you are struggling with pain and sleep issues. I am right there with you. I am getting 3 hours if lucky, and grouchier than usual. Every time I do anything, my body shuts down. Last time I tried working two hours, I was down for a week and a half afterward. My body is much older than my chronological age.

Karen Great photos!

Thank you, All, for the encouragement and sympathy! It seems harder to do these things during quarantine. (We continue to stay home.)

<3 Luci in WNC on way to animal hospital… :sad:
  • Whidislander
    edited June 2020
    4vra3hnij6vp.jpg
    My salad:
    Spinach
    Cabbage bits
    Pickled beets
    Garbanzo beans
    Diced tomatoes
    Sliced black olives
    2 hardboiled eggs
    Walnuts
    Blue cheese crumbles
    Drizzle of shiitake mushroom sesame dressing and a bit of ranch

Then I had the option of a Safeway Everything bagel or a slice of marionberry pie. Pie always wins!

Closed my eating window up quick! So I will open my eating window tomorrow at 12 noon. That will be 22 hour fast. I will have the navy bean soup I am making, and my bagel, or pie.
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,679 Member
    Well Jean is a cytotechnologist, reads slides under a microscope... when they take a biopsy she is the one who reads the slides and sends it back to Dr.so this was an emergency they found a mass and she just cant get up and leave.. so I will be here until.she gets home...
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Rebecca LOVE IT
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Debby messaging you now .

I can manage JR but another his age group impossible which is why I had the doctor burn my tubes shut. Was different in my younger years had tons running around was easier to keep up. Exercising to get my body back in shape is helping but my back still loves to act up.

Watching Hulu thinking it’s time for fries 90cal in a bag for 12 add cheese cook 15minutes in the airfryer.
  • Whidislander
    Well I have taken the ham hocks out of the bean soup, shredded the meat, put the meat back into the bean soup and then transferred the fat and bones to MY broth to get more fat out! Haahaa! Simmer those suckers until there's nothing left!😁
    💖Rebecca
    r9e721oi652z.jpg
    l6i2ebljlc7l.jpg