July 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    So running storytime...

I was on the way back from my normal route, plodding along at "are we done yet" level of pace when this black cat comes trotting out holding a bunny in its mouth. It notices me and drops the bunny, and backs off a few steps. The bunny shakes its head and looks around like it was think "how in the world did I get here?" The bunny looked unharmed and I just kept plodding along so not sure how that story ended.

So you cat people, what do you think happened there? This is not a cat I know, just some random black cat and I was still at least a mile from home.

Bunny too big to be killed maybe? My cat caught a rabbit once, had no idea what to do with it it was too big to kill, or even maim. Bunny got away when cat gave up.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    umm, 60miles.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman Glad your back is doing better.

@kgirlhart Great run in those conditions.

I didn't run today. Instead, I spent 2 hours helping to saw up the limbs from some of the trees that were cut along my driveway on Monday. There was a lot of pulling and tugging and climbing up and down the hill to get to them, plus a little workout with a logging chain. :wink: I had other things that had to get done, so didn't have time to run afterward. Same thing may happen tomorrow. So, slow start to July.

That’s some workout!
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    7-1 7k slow

July Total: 7k
    July Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k

2020 Total through June: 1056k

Sunny, upper 60s F and a light breeze from the northeast today. Back has improved to the point I could run the last kilometer at an easy pace, up from a slow pace. Just need to remember to be cautious.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH

Yes, take it easy!
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Welcome new people!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Lost my post - but 2.6 miles for july 1. Be back tomorrow to catch up
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    So true.

1an1aw8q3xda.jpeg

A wonderful quote! It'd couple nicely with SISU (@garygse) or Embrace the Suck (@stoshew71) on a running shirt. I want one in Hawaiian small (eh @Honinui).

ya'll and youses need a monthly question? Any one have one?
  • I_Want_A_Donut
    I_Want_A_Donut Posts: 101 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Any one doing this "scavenger" hunt