WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Exercise over the past 90 days ... hoping to be a bit more consistent once I can breathe better and once I finish uni. :)

wpzrs1odooek.png

M in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Ginny - Hugs!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Was going to take my granddaughter today her mom only works until 1today and I got a text from my son saying he couldnt find his glasses and he had cut his hand on a glass.. so i went down awhile ago.. woke him up and we had to tear the bed apart taking off mattress and boxspring.. and when we went to put it back together..there were the glasses ,must have gotten caught in his sheets...
    His hand ok...he put bandaids on it.. so came back home and havinf my cup of tea...and will clean up some after seeing his little place a shambles,im ashamed of my bigger place almost in the same shape...
    I am hoping to get over to triple A and get my licence done.. need it to fly...will call again today... the lady i spoke with was real nice..
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on the C2C crochet, Cheri - That looks like something I could definitely work with. I know a few stitches, but the complex patterns make me a little nutso. :) Now, where did I put that graph paper? Your Project Linus afghans look wonderful...

Ginny - tough memories, much support and many hugs coming your way. I try so hard not to remember the anniversaries of pain, and celebrate the good memories, but they sneak in on you anyway.

Yesterday, we got the upright freezer that I ordered May 1, and got everything shifted over. Simply impossible to tell what's there in a small chest freezer stuffed to the top. And by the time I get to the bottom, I nearly fall in, so even worse. :p

Did find a few vegetables (green beans and carrots) from last year this time, right down at the bottom of the chest freezer, and chicken soup base, so will see if I can get a vegetable soup made and canned this afternoon, or at least made and cooled down.

FAR too hot to even think of soup for dinner, so will have to store it/freeze it, but at the moment I'm just procrastinating getting in there to do my exercise. Then I have to water everything, as it's a dry hot week/weekend ahead.

Forgot! Non-scale victory... Had to order bras yesterday, as all my medium ones are getting too large, not supportive enough. Not exactly overendowed at this weight, and happy for it.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    Katla: I made the decision at the beginning of lockdown in March that I was going to continue my usual workouts using YouTube etc. It’s been quite good as I mostly worked out at home anyway.

I haven’t really missed my usual busy volunteer schedule as a I have kept up with my groups by email. I have enjoyed the extra time to write/paint/craft/garden and spend quality time with hubby. It has made me re-evaluate my present volunteer commitments.

I am missing face to face contact with my family, although we do see DYD at least once a week, albeit at a distance. And DSiL and BiL have visited us twice.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    As many/most of you know, I'm in Tasmania and it's winter here.

So while you're enjoying heat, we're getting overnight temps about 0C and daytime temps about 10C. Frosty.
    e9ojf2d7whup.png
    Feeling quite chilly this evening and I've even put the heater on in the back of the house!

I'm debating if I want a heavy dressing gown for my night in the hospital, or if I'll go with a light one as originally planned. Or if I'll care. I may be well asleep under several heated blankets.

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Karen - what a lovely way to touch the infinite loop of existence, even if only for an instant. I did not know you'd lost a child, many hugs coming your way.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks, Lisa <3 Early third trimester. So has Heather lost a baby, and I know at least one more here…maybe others I don't know about. It redefines your entire existence. Joy would be 28 this year.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our group, Sara.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    p46jodvjayeu.jpg

<3
    Cheri
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Ginny ... thinking of you today ... hugs.

KarenVA ... hugs. The inexplicable things children say ... makes you wonder

Cheri ... love the blankets! I never got past granny squares and, frankly, they weren't square ...

Tracey ... when you started your job at the nursing home, you wrote that you loved the position. Discovering what has changed may help you move forward. Of course, covid has affected everyone in various ways. Maybe your boss has a situation unrelated to the workplace that is affecting her?

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Beth near Buffalo
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sharon- Thankyou was wondering how well it works. Might stick with light mayo then .I normally use light mayo on hot foods y cold tuna sandwiches can’t tell any difference between it y regular mayo ,but 35cal light mayo vs regular mayos calories means I don’t feel guilty if I grab a 2nd spoonful.

Amber Tx

Steak 🥩 today again not sure in a salad, on nachos,with pasta,on a sandwich,a taco.... will see. Exercising of course.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Cheri- So wonderful wish I knew how to crochet 🧶 (tried y failed) . Your contribution to such a wonderful thing is beautiful.

Amber Tx

Rita Lol 😂 Didn’t know the alien had a twin lol
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Karen - I don't think I knew about baby Joy either. <3 I know you always remember about my baby Kate, who would be 42 now.

Well, I've been to the hairdresser, in my mask, and with just a wet cut. 10 mins max. Good hygiene there. Here I am, feeling like my old self. :D Sorry about the squint.
    hrguqb6z11ma.jpg
    Just an inch off, but it makes all the difference.
    Now I've got my weekly Zoom with my old school friends.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    RITA ~ Love your photos and am so envious of your beautiful tan.

CHERI ~ You do beautiful work and for such a good cause.

Right ear has been stuffed up off and on for three days due to allergies. I hate taking decongestants, but, find it necessary.

Carol in GA
  • asilverlininggirl
    asilverlininggirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa :) Where are you based?
    Your plan sounds doable, but the disease sounds awful. So sorry. I took up running very late in life, so I know how you must miss it. Is swimming possible where you are?

Hello and thank you (thank you ALL! Wow, this group is busy!) for the welcome! I live in central Florida, USA, so swimming is definitely possible! :smiley: In fact, it is possible almost all year round! I do enjoy swimming, but not as much as my beloved running. I am starting slowly right now and am focusing on movement: my stationary bike doesn't seem to mind!

Today is day 3 of logging calories again and eating lower calorie density foods. The scale has already dropped 6 pounds of water weight, which proves that my body was not happy!

I work full time from home (and have done so for the past 7 years, so it is not just pandemic-related), which can be a blessing and a curse when it comes to weight loss goals. One day at a time!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Melissa